got a carton of egg nog and a guy who's never had it here

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: got a carton of egg nog and a guy who's never had it her

Post by booznik »

Never liked egg nog for one reason only: I find the taste of nutmeg revolting. Always have.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

booznik wrote:Never liked egg nog for one reason only: I find the taste of nutmeg revolting. Always have.
I love nutmeg, but like anise it doesn't mix with other flavours, and on top of that it is easily overdone. Best as a backnote I think.

As I'm typing this I'm thinking how much I like custard. Isn't eggnog just boozy custard?
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Mr. Viking wrote:
booznik wrote:Never liked egg nog for one reason only: I find the taste of nutmeg revolting. Always have.
I love nutmeg, but like anise it doesn't mix with other flavours, and on top of that it is easily overdone. Best as a backnote I think.

As I'm typing this I'm thinking how much I like custard. Isn't eggnog just boozy custard?
The texture is similar to a milkshake. So, not really much in common with custard, despite the ingredients.

Anise is another flavor I don't like. Go figure.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

Sailor Jerry works well, and that combo is perfect for the holidays and is a perfectly acceptable substitute for coffee in the mornings.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Nutmeg, in sufficient quantities, has hallucinogenic properties.

Edit: Or so I have been told, by a guy with long hair and a jean jacket that smelled like the art teacher's office.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Cheap rum…and FRESH GROUND nutmeg and/or cinnamon
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

ZOG was correct. Kraken is good with the nog, especially without the nog.

Cheers!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

frankennietzsche wrote:Nutmeg, in sufficient quantities, has hallucinogenic properties.

Edit: Or so I have been told, by a guy with long hair and a jean jacket that smelled like the art teacher's office.
A table-spoon of it might get you high for a while! Rocks!
Drink!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Here are recipes for Egg Nog, and Hot-Buttered Rum that might help.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Palinka wrote:Here are recipes for Egg Nog, and Hot-Buttered Rum that might help.

Yes,

indeed!

Now, more things that are tasty and are also meals, in the alcohol school.

Very well, my good P.

We will rock the buttah
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

They're selling cartons of eggnog in Woolworths this year. Maybe every year, I've never noticed it before. Probably not a good summer drink but I am tempted to try it. On the side it says to mix 500ml with 2 tablespoons of rum or brandy. As it happens I've just taken possession of half a bottle of Captain Morgan that's been sitting in the kitchen cupboard since I picked it up duty free a couple of years ago. My wife said she's never gunna use it n it's taking up space so suggested I move it to my booze cupboard.

Whats a good ratio rum to nog? The carton is one litre. I've got a bit over half a 1.125 litre bottle of rum. I wanna keep some rum back for cocktails & besides the idea of getting drunk on nog seems kinda gross. Maybe I should just quadruple their serving suggestion n go for 4 oz rum to a half carton nog?

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Casual Binger wrote:Whats a good ratio rum to nog? The carton is one litre. I've got a bit over half a 1.125 litre bottle of rum. I wanna keep some rum back for cocktails & besides the idea of getting drunk on nog seems kinda gross. Maybe I should just quadruple their serving suggestion n go for 4 oz rum to a half carton nog?
You know what some people say about waving a bottle of vermouth near the up glass of gin, for a Martini?

Yeah, it's like that with eggnog and rum.

Good ratio here: Watch someone drink some of that eggnog stuff at the same time that you take a pull from the neck of your bottle. Also, polish or finnish that bottle off, depending upon your affinity to the Poles or them Fins, of which our mighty Bur is one.

Never pour ehtyl down the drain, for that is misabvuse of alcohol. But you need to keep your rum fresh.

Always have fresh rum in mouth.

Amen.

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

Sigh. It sounds like this is not a popular drinking drink. But how am I gunna know if I hate it if I never try it? I've never had it. People on TV seem to like it. It's Christmas in a couple days. They sell it in the supermarket. I was given rum. I have no choice as far as I can see. Even if it's like drinking melted ice cream I should be able force down a cup while cooking breakfast. 500mls is probably too optimistic, but if I put 3 oz rum in a tea mug & top up with nog that should be palatable. I'm thinking cold is best. I can give the rest of the carton to my kids.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Evan Williams makes a pre bottled one that has the bourbon, rum and brandy added. Of course I always top up to taste.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Freddie AppsHero
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Freddie AppsHero »

We only get thirty sweet, noggy days. Then the government takes it away again.