on why not to keep old photos

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

on why not to keep old photos

Post by Savage »

Dear God, was I ever that smug and by the way, why did my Mother not smother me before the hairdresser poured the perming chemicals on my hair?
For many a year, a photograph of a young couple has graced various dwellings. Tonight, I came upon it, and gasped in shock and a bit of disgust. Who, I mean really, who was that horrid fat-chinned, ruddy cheeked snotfaced girl, with the curls only a mad scientist could have inflicted, and why was she posed with a dashing young man with the ClarkGable-esque mustache?

I mean, really. Perhaps one day my descendants that I shall be too dead to ever meet, will one day look upon the wedding photo of the Grumpy and me and be really touched a bit about the heart, but somehow, I doubt that. Dear God, bear in mind that I had yet to understand bourbon, except as something that my Grandaddy enjoyed, so there is no excuse for that hairdo, and the dress was because there was no money. The snottish look was because, well, Me, you know.

And so it is eight hours before champagne brunch at the golf club, and still, I drink. Damn. I hope they have that corned beef hash, and strawberries.
like tears in rain

HaveGinWillBabble
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Re: on why not to keep old photos

Post by HaveGinWillBabble »

You're a strange person (seemingly) and I don't really know how to, at the moment, make a better reply... but I will, because I'm bored as fuck (save for reading that stuff you just said and trying to figure it out more than I can).

Ugh I had a whole flood of thoughts that I fergot. So I guess I'll just end this on a really deep thought: corned beef hash is the shiznit.

Anyway, don't be a fool, and cheer up!

Cheers!
"Once a Trailer Park Boy, always a Trailer Park Boy."
"DRINK!" -mistah willies

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Strange? Strange, you say? I've been called worse. And my brother Gary says Fuck You.
like tears in rain

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

People are strange, when you're a stranger.
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

HaveGinWillBabble
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Savage wrote:Strange? Strange, you say? I've been called worse. And my brother Gary says Fuck You.
Tell him I said I love you too.

"Strange" was a fucking compliment, by the way. If i has insults aimed at you, I would throw them the fuck fearlessly in your direction. Geez!

Cheers! You know what means, right? or are you just gonna be a dick at me the whole time I know you?

ugh... lemme try this again. Cheers!

And yes, I've been working out.
"DRINK!" -mistah willies

HaveGinWillBabble
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

G_W wrote:People are strange, when you're a stranger.
This guy gets it.

Cheers!
"DRINK!" -mistah willies

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

HaveGinWillBabble wrote:...are you just gonna be a dick at me the whole time I know you?...
Be impolite to Dear Lady S. at your peril.

You just cannot swagger around the place insulting people (and especially not Dear Lady S.). Especially not when have been a member for less than a year. I really don't think that you get this Board. We talk with each other outside the Board. We meet up. We exchange gifts (mainly of booze) and generally look out for each other. At the moment, you are like the weird cousin's friend who has done time for molesting animals, who turns up, uninvited, at a family gathering.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

HaveGinWillBabble
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

I shall quit being a dick.

Cheers!
"DRINK!" -mistah willies

Rev. Dead Corpse
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Rev. Dead Corpse »

Savage wrote:Dear God, was I ever that smug and by the way, why did my Mother not smother me before the hairdresser poured the perming chemicals on my hair?
For many a year, a photograph of a young couple has graced various dwellings. Tonight, I came upon it, and gasped in shock and a bit of disgust. Who, I mean really, who was that horrid fat-chinned, ruddy cheeked snotfaced girl, with the curls only a mad scientist could have inflicted, and why was she posed with a dashing young man with the ClarkGable-esque mustache?

I mean, really. Perhaps one day my descendants that I shall be too dead to ever meet, will one day look upon the wedding photo of the Grumpy and me and be really touched a bit about the heart, but somehow, I doubt that. Dear God, bear in mind that I had yet to understand bourbon, except as something that my Grandaddy enjoyed, so there is no excuse for that hairdo, and the dress was because there was no money. The snottish look was because, well, Me, you know.

And so it is eight hours before champagne brunch at the golf club, and still, I drink. Damn. I hope they have that corned beef hash, and strawberries.
I can commisserate, to an extent. During my younger, enlisted military days, I aimed to be a bit of a lothario. Wasn't quite handsome enough to pull it off... But dammit I tried. There recently was unearthed a photo of me from that period that I had not seen before.

What in the hell was I thinking?

Your mention of corned beef made me salivate for a Reuben...
<insert something profound here>

AntonArkydivich
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by AntonArkydivich »

Rev. Dead Corpse wrote:
Your mention of corned beef made me salivate for a Reuben...
This, friends, is the ultimate drunkard's sandwich. Many a vicious night has been tamed by the Reuben, and many a blood red dawn has been pacified by that little wonder.

I'm pretty sure I owe my life to the Reuben the last time I was in Vegas.

Also, the rise of Facebook has made me yearn for Polaroid days. I was a real terrible looking youth.
Making my own city lights out of bourbon and the stars of a barroom fight.
- Josh Ritter

Rev. Dead Corpse
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Rev. Dead Corpse »

AntonArkydivich wrote: I was a real terrible looking youth.
Your summation of the near miraculous qualities of a good Reuben is a credit to the culinary sciences.

And yes, I really was kind of a funky lookin' creature...
<insert something profound here>

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Rev. Dead Corpse wrote:
AntonArkydivich wrote: I was a real terrible looking youth.
Your summation of the near miraculous qualities of a good Reuben is a credit to the culinary sciences.

And yes, I really was kind of a funky lookin' creature...

Me too. I looked like a Rueben sammich. But oh, the salt. Yes. Guess I'm a salty bastard. Now I'm hungry for one of those frigging sammiches, and the deli is closed.

bastards

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Who the heck was Reuben, and how did he come up with that sandwich? (I was about to say yummy sandwich, but really, I find sauerkraut disgusting. I suppose i must surrender my German card.) Hey, but Grumpy, the king of Scotland, loves them Reubens. But of course, he also loves Spam (shudder).
like tears in rain

hossthomas
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by hossthomas »

Savage wrote:Who the heck was Reuben, and how did he come up with that sandwich? (I was about to say yummy sandwich, but really, I find sauerkraut disgusting. I suppose i must surrender my German card.) Hey, but Grumpy, the king of Scotland, loves them Reubens. But of course, he also loves Spam (shudder).
Thanks, dear lady, now it is a life goal of mine to make a Reuben that incorporates Spam.

There is absolutely zero sarcasm in that statement.
into each life a little stroh's must fall - surreal

i told my landlord and all the other tenants they could fuck off if they don't like hank- hellbound glory

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Spamben?
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice