I abso-fuking-lutely LOVE hangovers!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Re: I abso-fuking-lutely LOVE hangovers!

Post by whiskeyprick »

Not sure I love them, but the comedy does roll right off the tongue.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Miklo wrote:...So yes, I guess I do love my hangover. We all do, or else why would we continue to drink knowing tomorrows going to be rough?

Amen.

I'm preemptively naming tomorrow's hangover this:

Boozy Gillespie. It'll be a doozy, I will be flammable. There will be trumpets in my head.

But, ya know,

got the work thing. For booze money.

JoyOfDrinking
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by JoyOfDrinking »

Miklo wrote:...So yes, I guess I do love my hangover. We all do, or else why would we continue to drink knowing tomorrows going to be rough?
I despise hangovers in the moment, but view them romantically in hindsight. Like the line from Groundhog Day:
"I like to see a man of advancing years throwing caution to the wind. It's inspiring in a way."

Granted Bill was eating excessively and smoking in that scene, not drinking, but I think the logic still applies.

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

One for the Frog wrote:
NYDingbat wrote:There is something wrong with you people. There is NOTHING to love about a hangover. Unless, perhaps, your hangovers are pusillanimous milquetoasts compared to mine.

I have a headache that can seemingly only be remedied by blasting a hole in my skull.

I yak until the sun goes down.

I shun light more vigorously than a vampire.

Tell me again how deeeeelightful hangovers are. Your hangovers are clearly pussies.

Luckily, my body has given up on trying to teach me a lesson and has stopped giving me hangovers. Goooooood body.
I guess you just haven't tried to embrace the pain so far. Bathe in the pool of brain-eater evil spirits, give yourself in to the torturous little inquisitors in your head, THEN you'll be able to see what you really are, their numerous tricks one can not imagine will open your mind up to remember that shitty who-knows-what-and-why cocktail and the hundredth glass of cheap table wine that you shouldn't have drunk the night before, where you should've stopped, why you didn't, and why you won't ever. You'll remember that peace and joy you are entitled to have, to whom you can go back any time you choose to. Even if you already know about next morning's suffering. It's called the circle of life.

There is no good without evil on this world, dear Ma'am.

No good without evil.

I'll take my evil as something I can blast with my Sig or my AR-15, thank you very much. I'd prefer that to the relentless jackhammer in my skull and the 10 hours of yakking I used to have to endure. There was never a cure. Not a greasy breakfast, not a Powerade - anyone who claims to cure a hangover with either has never been truly hungover. The only thing that'd work for me was if I woke up early enough with the early twinges of the roaring headache they foretold and pre-yakking - I'd get a li'l hair o' the hound what bit me into me and stave off the hangover demons. But, like I said, my body has completely abandoned the idea of attempting to teach me moderation, so I've been able to drink with impunity since my late 30s. So, yeah, fuck hangovers.
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

NYDingbat wrote: ...There was never a cure. Not a greasy breakfast, not a Powerade - anyone who claims to cure a hangover with either has never been truly hungover...
Clearly, you've never tried taking a couple of morphine and going back to bed. Works every time.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Yesterday was spent in the glorious embrace of a hangover, a 1400 lbs. kodiak bear pouncing up and down on my head while taking swipes at my liver. Yes, there was blood coming out of my eyeballs. My piss was glowing radioactive. The four horsemen of the apocalypse were having a rodeo in my stomach. And today I merely feel like I got into a street brawl with Irish Jesus.

Celebrate your hangovers like you got a pair!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Woke today still a lil drunk. I could get used to this.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Patchez wrote:Woke today still a lil drunk.
Ain't nothing lil' drunk about you, hoss.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

My hangovers have vanished sometimes during the 90's, but boy do I get severe heartburns sometimes. It's a good thing that wine calms those down.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Mr Boozificator wrote:My hangovers have vanished sometimes during the 90's, but boy do I get severe heartburns sometimes. It's a good thing that wine calms those down.
Oh, you are a part of the Perpetual drunk movement also then?
Curing hangovers causes hangovers causes curing
Drink!

DivaBitch
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DivaBitch »

just a qoute i liked

“I feel bad for people who don’t drink. When they wake up in the morning, that’s as good as they’re going to feel all day.”

~ Frank Sinatra
"If it feels good do it again, if it still feels good you're doing it right"
Image Image

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

Badfellow wrote:Yesterday was spent in the glorious embrace of a hangover, a 1400 lbs. kodiak bear pouncing up and down on my head while taking swipes at my liver. Yes, there was blood coming out of my eyeballs. My piss was glowing radioactive. The four horsemen of the apocalypse were having a rodeo in my stomach. And today I merely feel like I got into a street brawl with Irish Jesus.

was gonna make a fan correction, but i can't find anything wrong with this statement
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

whiskeyprick wrote:
Badfellow wrote:Yesterday was spent in the glorious embrace of a hangover, a 1400 lbs. kodiak bear pouncing up and down on my head while taking swipes at my liver. Yes, there was blood coming out of my eyeballs. My piss was glowing radioactive. The four horsemen of the apocalypse were having a rodeo in my stomach. And today I merely feel like I got into a street brawl with Irish Jesus.

was gonna make a fan correction, but i can't find anything wrong with this statement
Oggar is the kodiak bear
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

HANGOVER LOG
---
DRUNKDATE: 000.WHATEVERTHEFUCK.000

Incredible sensation today at work as I cut through the angle iron with a chop saw and felt the steel resonate through my as of yet whiskey addled skull plates, wondering where the delineator of the endrunkening ended, and where the coffee, cigarette and old fashioned cake donuts breakfast began. Indeed, it's all holistic. Intrinsic, possibly. L'esprit de l'escalier? Undoubtedly. Whenever the hangover moves you.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Hangovers suck! Don't know what you are selling but it really sucks. Everyone knows that the more you drink the bigger the hangover so we all have a way to deal with it. It's not like the fun part of ramping up. It's the exact opposite. The only painless remedy is to keep drinking. Cheers!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.