Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar

scream ale
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Your day in a nutshell. Share please.

Post by scream ale » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:10 pm

Several hours of minor yet retarded incidents designed to make the day look and feel longer. Putting that all behind me now with ale. Cheers and fuck Monday in the face.

Nausea
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Nausea » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:13 pm

Woke up dry as a raisin with the thickest snot ever. Alcodehydration.

Drank some KD to start the day. Helped my sister out by moving some furniture for one of her clients.

Picked up more KD, and a Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS) from the workplace. I'll have it after the whiskey.

I don't have to be at work until noon, so I should be able to rise above the hangover in time. Will pre-game it again with 100ml of vodka -- opens up the senses, lessens the anxiety -- what's not to like?

Shit, I could probably get away with loading my water bottle with vodka for the work day. Not sure about that one yet, but I'm tempted.
Oh God, my grandmother would kill me.

Badfellow
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Badfellow » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:23 pm

Nausea wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:13 pm
Shit, I could probably get away with loading my water bottle with vodka for the work day. Not sure about that one yet, but I'm tempted.
You could definitely get away with vodka in a Gatorade bottle, along with the appropriately colored mixer. Purple hides just about anything while green adds an element of mystery. Or you could go with yellow food coloring and, when the boss asks, tell them you're drinking your own urine.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

ThirstyBirdy
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by ThirstyBirdy » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:08 pm

Badfellow wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:23 pm
Nausea wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:13 pm
You could definitely get away with vodka in a Gatorade bottle, along with the appropriately colored mixer. Purple hides just about anything while green adds an element of mystery. Or you could go with yellow food coloring and, when the boss asks, tell them you're drinking your own urine.
Just out of curiosity, is a flask considered an "open container" anyone know? Thought this was the point of one to conceal on the hip...
"I drink to make other people more interesting."

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:56 am

Grumpy snored so loudly I had no choice but to get up and pour myself some bubbly. His alarm is due to go off in a few minutes, so no rest for the wicked for a while. Raise a glass, fellow drunkards, to the man who has to get up at three am every damn weekday.
like tears in rain

Patchez
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Patchez » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:58 am

Drinking and canning some roasted garlic and tomato sauce.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Nausea

Post by Nausea » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:53 pm

Was loading a customer's bag with bottles of wine. She gladly showed my boss and I the strap-on she purchased that was in the bag.
Oh God, my grandmother would kill me.

Lush City
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Lush City » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:49 pm

I've been nursing nasty scuff marks on my left knee sustained early yesterday evening returning home from happy hour. Tripped going up the outdoor staircase leading to my condo. The steps are concrete slabs with embedded gravel. I'm sure you've seen them. They just rip the flesh right off your bones if you fall on them. I was angry then and I'm angry now so I'm having another round!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Badfellow
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Badfellow » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:26 pm

Lush City wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:49 pm
I've been nursing nasty scuff marks on my left knee sustained early yesterday evening returning home from happy hour. Tripped going up the outdoor staircase leading to my condo. The steps are concrete slabs with embedded gravel. I'm sure you've seen them. They just rip the flesh right off your bones if you fall on them. I was angry then and I'm angry now so I'm having another round!
I went back in time just to make sure that second step was 7/16th higher than the last.

L'espirit de spiral e'coliars, mon Drunkard.

Seriously, Lush. Heal up and be careful. We love you as far as the law allows.

Lush City
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Lush City » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:55 pm

Badfellow wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:26 pm
Lush City wrote:
I went back in time just to make sure that second step was 7/16th higher than the last.

L'espirit de spiral e'coliars, mon Drunkard.

Seriously, Lush. Heal up and be careful. We love you as far as the law allows.
So, it was you! I thought so. Well two can play at this game!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by oettinger » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:06 am

Lush City wrote:
Ouch. Yeah, drink some painkiller tequilas and pass out for recovery. Atleast you remember what happened.
Two sundays ago I woke up with my foot hurting in a strange way. Like I ran into something. My dim memory from the night before recalled nothing the like had happened. I file that under "unsolved drunk injury"
I do not remember posting that ^^^

Badfellow
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Badfellow » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:15 pm

Found a great horned owl roadkilled today. Thought it was a wild turkey until I saw the talons sticking out. Aside from a broken spine, this dearly departed avian is in almost completely perfect shape, and holy hoot is the plumage beautiful.

Owls are amongst my favorite creatures, perhaps even my guide l'espirit. While this fine owl's time on our mortal mudball was cut short (most likely by some sort of karma deficient driver in a Buick)I did manage to throw the carcass into the freezer next to the venison and a bottle of Stoli Gold.

I shall see this owl resurrected through taxidermy.

Sammy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Sammy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:50 am

Badfellow wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:15 pm
Found a great horned owl roadkilled today. Thought it was a wild turkey until I saw the talons sticking out. Aside from a broken spine, this dearly departed avian is in almost completely perfect shape, and holy hoot is the plumage beautiful.

Owls are amongst my favorite creatures, perhaps even my guide l'espirit. While this fine owl's time on our mortal mudball was cut short (most likely by some sort of karma deficient driver in a Buick)I did manage to throw the carcass into the freezer next to the venison and a bottle of Stoli Gold.

Unless you are a taxidermist, I think you'll find that difficult. Having birds of prey mounted is illegal in most States. unless you have a special permit. Most taxidermists wouldn't touch that project.

Badfellow
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Badfellow » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:17 am

Sammy wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:50 am
Badfellow wrote:

Unless you are a taxidermist, I think you'll find that difficult. Having birds of prey mounted is illegal in most States. unless you have a special permit. Most taxidermists wouldn't touch that project.
Not to worry, already have one lined up. He specializes in woodland game but sounded thrilled to tackle the project. Said and done, should cost around $250 in cash or bartered materials. Better than letting it rot by the roadside.

Patchez
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Patchez » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:24 am

Badfellow wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:17 am
Sammy wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:50 am
Badfellow wrote:

Not to worry, already have one lined up. He specializes in woodland game but sounded thrilled to tackle the project. Said and done, should cost around $250 in cash or bartered materials. Better than letting it rot by the roadside.
If it becomes and issue tell them you're only doing it to donate to the Museum of Natural Avian Superiority. As the Director of said museum here in PA I can vouch for the legitimate addition to our museum.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice