where is the man?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

massivedrunk

where is the man?

Post by massivedrunk »

anyone else really miss good old palinka, i sure do.
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

He's in the UK, tending to his father, who sadly is dying.
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

fdoosey wrote:He's in the UK, tending to his father, who sadly is dying.
He checked in last night. He said the situation seems to be improving. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

Well, that's a good thing then. I'll drink to that!

I was at a wedding last night and was too damned tired to do much. Didn't drink as they only had some awful sangria. And I mean awful. Like Kool-Aid and rubbing alcohol. That plus my blood pressure being through the roof from heat exhaustion and I wasn't gambling with a date with the Reaper.

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness

God of Chunder
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by God of Chunder »

I'll join you.

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

fdoosey wrote:Well, that's a good thing then. I'll drink to that!

I was at a wedding last night and was too damned tired to do much. Didn't drink as they only had some awful sangria. And I mean awful. Like Kool-Aid and rubbing alcohol. That plus my blood pressure being through the roof from heat exhaustion and I wasn't gambling with a date with the Reaper.
Awww, I hate it when they do that. Buy gallons of cheap wine and mix in some cheap fruit juice. I'd rather serve Natural Light. At least you won't hope for the best before you take a sip...
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

TARTANSPECIAL
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

fdoosey wrote:Well, that's a good thing then. I'll drink to that!

That'll teach you to take a hip flask next time.
beer, wine,voddie it don't get any better.

VodkaHero
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by VodkaHero »

For an event like that I wouldn't leave home without it!
Happiness is a pint of guinness and a shot of jack.

Palinka (RIP)

Re: where is the man?

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

MassiveDrunk wrote:anyone else really miss good old palinka, i sure do.
Wow. Hey, MassiveDrunk, thank you. I'm in the UK at the moment and taking care of things here. I can get an hour of so on-line time (in the wee small hours of the morning) if I'm not too tired. My father discharged himself from the hospital, and so I'm having to put all that medical training, that I was trying to forget, back into practise.
Anyway, I'll try to make a few posts every day. I might get back home to Budapest by Sunday, but the way things are looking here, I may try to stay on a bit longer.

Thursday is assigned as my day of rest as the auld fella has to go back into hospital for a day for some futher tests. So expect some seriously ripped posts then.

Until then it's the Irn Bru (perculiar Scottish soft-drink - I have to do too much driving) for me. With one or two whiskies (or whatever is first drink to hand when I reach inside the liquor cabinet) of a late evening, after I've put dad to bed.

Thanks to everyone for all your kind messages and posts. One day I'll catch up with each and everyone of you and buy you a drink (and some of you, several drinks).
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

IntoxiChrist

Post by IntoxiChrist »

Understood, homeslice. I can't relay to you how much I feel for you right now. I'm at where you're at, in a way, but, y'know, words, public places, something something man I suck with words.

A writer@ A fucking writer is supposed to carve with words. This isn't the place for that.

Palinka. You're in my thoughts. Which makes you very, very small, to fit between my neurons. Look, you're in my cups, too!

Christ. "You're in my thoughts." That sounds so fucking weaak/

Sorry for this spectacle. I'm terrible with words when it's matters of emotion. Ask me when it's physics, I'll give you lots of word.s

god fuck sorry

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

good to hear from you palinka, i was worried send my love to your family. enjoy scotland and take care of yourself

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

Same here, but Palinka already knew that.

I wonder if Tartan and him will go on a pissup as he suggested. If so, I fear for Scotland's whisky supply.

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

fdoosey wrote:Same here, but Palinka already knew that.

I wonder if Tartan and him will go on a pissup as he suggested. If so, I fear for Scotland's whisky supply.
oh lord, it would end in a riot.

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

MassiveDrunk wrote:
fdoosey wrote:Same here, but Palinka already knew that.

oh lord, it would end in a riot.
If it does, we can to to the BBC's website for pictures! I can see the two of them hurling their empties at riot police...Palinka commanding the cops to kneel before "King Cockeyed".

It would be a thing of beauty so perfect that we would be driven insane with envy.

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

mr doosey you have in fact saved my awful morning. Even better would be the next day after the bender, city in ruins, fires, locusts, god hitting the world reset button because two of us got together. a pyramid of empty whisky bottles would be their monument and the faucets would pour absinthe, what a world.