No more buying booze at the grocery store for me

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Vuh_Jay_Jay
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

No more buying booze at the grocery store for me

Post by Vuh_Jay_Jay »

I had to call customer service last week about something and they were insistent on having my account number. It's the number on my discount card. Now, I go through a pretty considerable amount of booze in a week, but apparently I'm a 1%er in that category, because the woman in customer service literally had to put the phone on hold for a minute after she saw how much scotch I've been putting away recently.

My typical purchase every 2-3 days is a little meat, some veggies, and a handle of whatever's on sale. This goes back years. I've spent about half of my grocery bill on booze.

Then I realized, they actually have a list of every bottle of hooch I've bought for years now. Whoops! No more of that for me.

Luckily, the local CVS doesn't have one of those card tracking things and they don't make a list. Guess who's getting my money now?
See them fellas with the cardboard signs? Scrapin up a little money to buy a bottle of wine
Pregnant women and Vietnam vets, I said drinkin on the freeway bout as hard as it gets

&
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by & »

I don't get it...why would they care?

you're paying for everything, making them money...that's the end of it

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

yea, I'm thinking it should be a badge of honor or something.
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

I would continue to shop there. Tell customer service to mind their own business, and go for the high score.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

&
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by & »

heck, if anything, you should demand better treatment because you're such a good customer.

Joe Twelvepack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Joe Twelvepack »

If you're worried about it, sign up for a new discount card. There's nothing to say you have to put your actual name or contact info on it. Personally, I like to use the name Jacob Best for shit like that.
stop thinking start drinking

stinie
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by stinie »

My Gerbes/Kroger card is one Mori found on the street in Austin. Before I had this one, I used a keychain one that I found outside a Krogers (it finally wore off my keychain after about two or three years). I've never had a card in my name. It's fantastic.

Joe 12 does have a point, but if I recall, when Kroger was first signing people up for the card, they asked to see your license to fill out the form for you. Though I doubt that anyone really does that anymore.

My local grocery knows how much booze Mori and I buy since we special order it. But the guy who does the ordering keeps his orders in a spiral-bound notebook, not in a computer.