george dickel running low?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Bluespook
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

george dickel running low?

Post by Bluespook »

Word around the campfire is that George Dickel is running low on 12 year old white label. Won't have any for retailers until March. Best stock up now because I hear that when it's gone, it won't be back until then. Green and Black label can still be found, but i hear they are quiting production of that also. You white label fans may want to stock up. This has been a public service anouncement by your local Whiskey Afficionado Union, Local 647.
Beer's just being social. Whiskey's drinkin'.

Cliffie S. Bockerson
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Cliffie S. Bockerson »

That is vile news.
"Nossir. Even in my worst delirium I never interfered with the flow of traffic. I never drank any hair tonic, either."

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

Tis True, but they seem to have plenty of single barrel.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

Cliffie S. Bockerson

Post by Cliffie S. Bockerson »

I was trying to do some research on this...read that Dickel shut down production from '99 through 2003 because they had too much on hand...guess they didn't start up again quickly enough. Damn them and their excellent whisky!
"Nossir. Even in my worst delirium I never interfered with the flow of traffic. I never drank any hair tonic, either."

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

NO!!! no no no no no no no no no no no no no NO NO!!!!!
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

DeafDrinker
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by DeafDrinker »

Green label? I didn't know they had that. At first I heard they were gonna cut down on the black label to have more whiskey for the white label, but what do I know.

vtjim
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by vtjim »

Ah, memories. First time I ever got drunk. Bottle of George my friend Tim had pilfered from his parents' ample liquor stock. We were 14 or 15 and damned if we didn't finish the fifth while fishing. I can't remember if we caught anything. I doubt it.

I puked in the bathtub at home, then went to sleep for a few hours.

This was 1981 or 82. Years later, I brought that day up with my mom and she had no idea. My sister, on the other hand, knew full well what I'd been up to. :)
Beer near!