Okay, maybe I'm crazy, but here's my theory

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Okay, maybe I'm crazy, but here's my theory

Post by bluebottle »

Savage wrote:My best friend from long ago was Shoshone, adopted out of a Ute reservation, if I have the facts correct. I think that's what she told me...
Anyway, alcohol killed her. Born to teenaged alkies on rez, adopted by a Native American suburban couple who fostered and adopted quite a few Indian kids, she died the same as several of her family members died: drunk. We had fun, drinking and raising hell (well, just heck, but we were little Orange County princesses), but somehow, she was always the one to end up in jail or hospital. I was the one to pick her up or sit all night in the waiting room. I swigged straight vodka from the bottle for the first time from her school locker stash. We were underage, we had no fake ID. No problem. She had lightening fingers and no fear. She had no fear. She died with her boots on.
you must be thinking of sacajewea. gee, you are old as the hills!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

bluebottle wrote:
Savage wrote:My best friend from long ago was Shoshone, adopted out of a Ute reservation, if I have the facts correct. I think that's what she told me...
Anyway, alcohol killed her. Born to teenaged alkies on rez, adopted by a Native American suburban couple who fostered and adopted quite a few Indian kids, she died the same as several of her family members died: drunk. We had fun, drinking and raising hell (well, just heck, but we were little Orange County princesses), but somehow, she was always the one to end up in jail or hospital. I was the one to pick her up or sit all night in the waiting room. I swigged straight vodka from the bottle for the first time from her school locker stash. We were underage, we had no fake ID. No problem. She had lightening fingers and no fear. She had no fear. She died with her boots on.
you must be thinking of sacajewea. gee, you are old as the hills!
Hey, all I know is what she told me. I don't even know what I am, not exactly.
like tears in rain

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

You're a drunkard.

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

she has a ton of gold stars on her forehead, plus a whole closet full of more stars (some of them silver), and shoes. louboutians or something, they are called.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Chimneyfish wrote:You're a drunkard.
Thanks. I knew I could count on the kindness of souses.
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

bluebottle wrote:she has a ton of gold stars on her forehead, plus a whole closet full of more stars (some of them silver), and shoes. louboutians or something, they are called.
Nope. Only rich bitches have those shoes. I am but a poor (non) working girl.
like tears in rain

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

at least you have a pail of stars to skip around with. maybe it's better to go barefoot anyway when skipping. but i wouldn't know.

Slackjawd
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Slackjawd »

Funny how when the discussion turns to the Natives, everyone was best friends with one. I, for one, have no Native American friends, but I was sucker-punched on the Blackfoot Indian Reservation while in a bar, once. I stood accused of stealing this guy's land. Problem was, I was in Montana, I was from Minnesota, and I was 20 years old. I owned no land at the time, nor did I steal it. Shit, I'm rambling again. Moral of the story is that yes, a fair percentage of the Natives, when hopped up on firewater, do get violent. I vote genetics on the theory.

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

Slackjawd wrote:Funny how when the discussion turns to the Natives, everyone was best friends with one. I, for one, have no Native American friends, but I was sucker-punched on the Blackfoot Indian Reservation while in a bar, once. I stood accused of stealing this guy's land. Problem was, I was in Montana, I was from Minnesota, and I was 20 years old. I owned no land at the time, nor did I steal it. Shit, I'm rambling again. Moral of the story is that yes, a fair percentage of the Natives, when hopped up on firewater, do get violent. I vote genetics on the theory.
hey, were you in brownin'? i used to drink up by there, and at babb bar. back in the mid-late 80's it had a rep of lots of murders there per capita, highest in the u.s. at one point. babb is just a wide spot in the road.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Slackjawd wrote:Funny how when the discussion turns to the Natives, everyone was best friends with one. I, for one, have no Native American friends, but I was sucker-punched on the Blackfoot Indian Reservation while in a bar, once. I stood accused of stealing this guy's land. Problem was, I was in Montana, I was from Minnesota, and I was 20 years old. I owned no land at the time, nor did I steal it. Shit, I'm rambling again. Moral of the story is that yes, a fair percentage of the Natives, when hopped up on firewater, do get violent. I vote genetics on the theory.
Do not make assumptions about me, based on your absurd notions.
like tears in rain

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

My white Irish ancestors prescribed my existence, I;m gonna die soon, but God knows Itried. I cant ever say I didnt like booze or double negatives. When I drank when I do... i embody the druinkard we alll wish to be , boo, aand bewiddle. i HAD 2 STICKS ONCE. I built a teepee and I drank in it.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

I used to have a girlfriend from Montana. She was 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Spanish and 1/2 Serbian. She could drink, hold her liquor, but when riled, had THREE kinds of temper, all of them bad. She's 5'-4", @ 120lbs and can knock a large man out with a single punch. She now works in a federal lock-up with violent youth offenders, who give her a wide berth. She only drinks on weekends. Shoulda married that gal.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Slackjawd
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Slackjawd »

[quote="bluebottle"][quote="Slackjawd"]Funny how when the discussion turns to the Natives, everyone was best friends with one. I, for one, have no Native American friends, but I was sucker-punched on the Blackfoot Indian Reservation while in a bar, once. I stood accused of stealing this guy's land. Problem was, I was in Montana, I was from Minnesota, and I was 20 years old. I owned no land at the time, nor did I steal it. Shit, I'm rambling again. Moral of the story is that yes, a fair percentage of the Natives, when hopped up on firewater, do get violent. I vote genetics on the theory.[/quote]

hey, were you in brownin'? i used to drink up by there, and at babb bar. back in the mid-late 80's it had a rep of lots of murders there per capita, highest in the u.s. at one point. babb is just a wide spot in the road.[/quote]

Yessir. Worked for the fucking Black's at St. Mary's Resort. Never spent a dime in their bar. I'd go to Kip's Beer Garden every night (where I was sucker-punched), Babb bar, and different bars in parts unknown. This was circa 1996, and we'd even head up to Lethbridge on occasion, and one time Calgary, for the Stampede. Never made it to the Stampede....Electric Avenue was our demise. That is great drinking territory, many memories, both made and lost. I plan to go back someday, and drink legally in all of those bars. Babb Bar was Rough, dude. In 96, it rated 5th most dangerous bar in America, based on violence. One of the few places I didn't let myself get too ham-boned.

Cowboy Joe
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Cowboy Joe »

I'm vaguely recalling a college biology class, and the mention of something called "alcohol metabolizing hormone," or something like that, and the fact that Europeans have it, while Asians (and Native Americans, being of roughly the same genetic makeup) don't.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I think science types should extract and synthesize what ever I got, because sometimes I scare myself. I should be dead by now.
like tears in rain