How did you come about your user name?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

hoverdog
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: How did you come about your user name?

Post by hoverdog »

Epor is from an old game, Shadowgate. It's rope backwards.
Last edited by hoverdog on Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The last thing that anyone should ever do is feel ashamed of blacking out. You were trying to get drunk last night and, goddamnit, mission accomplished.

Steve
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Steve »

I go by the name "Steve" because, well, it's my name. How imaginative of me.

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

My real name is Steve, but I was slightly more creative than our fellow Steve from across the Pond. Rip Rufus has been one of my nicknames for years. As best as I can remember, back in college (10 years ago)we were drinking and playing video games. The fighting game we were playing had a character named Rufus, and I always was him for some reason. My roommate killed me, and said "RIP, Rufus". For some reason that stuck in my beer-soaked brain, and turned into a nickname. I use the same name on Fark.com if anyone ever is on there.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

KaosDad
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by KaosDad »

My son got me hooked on the Battlefield series of computer games. His game name is "Kaos008". So, I became "KaosDad." If you google me, you'll see I am all over the webbernets (OK, not all over, but pretty damned active).

The real name is Rich. Tanqueray Mrtinis are the poison of choice, swapping out with Bacardi or JD & Coke. Never did drugs. Other than booze my only addictions are computer games & sex. (Yikes! Did I just type that?) The best way for a waitress to serve a Martini on a stem is wedged in ger clevage.

I used to brew my own beer, but got lazy.

Two kids - Kaos is in the Corps of Cadets at Virginia Tech, the girl-child is about to destroy high-school.

Cheers!

Was all that TMI?

Steve
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Steve »

This board is the only one I've joines, so I wasn't sure whether nicknames were the exception or the rule, so to speak. I bet I could have come up with something really cool.
Can anybody recommend any other boards?

Two Martini Breakfast
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Two Martini Breakfast »

KaosDad wrote:Tanqueray Mrtinis are the poison of choice, swapping out with Bacardi or JD & Coke.
Word up! I've gotten a little guff for preferring Tanqueray above all other gins for my martinis, but it's in my blood! It's my family label!

TwoMartiniBreakfast - well, we've all heard stories from back in the day when folk would have a two-martini lunch before going back to the office grind. Why not, then, get on board a little earlier. This is also an often habit of mine, albeit less-so now that I am graduated from college.

Name's Rob, born in Manitoba but have lived in New England most of the time. But the dual citizenship should come in handy when the Canadians rise up and conquer the Earth. Now that hockey is becoming popular again, our plan is back on track!

I mean... there's no plan. Forget I said anything. Here, have this martini, on me.
I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you could walk these streets of freedom badmouthing Lady America, in your damn mirrored sunglasses!

greygoose
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by greygoose »

Steve wrote:Can anybody recommend any other boards?
What for?

I used to be greygoose, but not for the obvious connection with the vodka. I tripped over a gaggle of Canadian geese running away from my 3rd stint in rehab one night.
why is my moral compass always pointed east? that's the direction of the nearest liquor store.

Illiniwek
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Illiniwek »

Being from Illinois, I wanted something unique to the area. The Native American tribes that populated the area in days gone by were the "Illiniwek", or the Illini Confederation. The name "Iliniwek" is an old Ojibwe word borrowed into French as "Illinois." The modern Ojibwe word is ininiweg, from /inin/ meaning "regular, ordinary, plain," /we/ meaning "to speak," joined with a connector vowel /i/, and an animate plural suffix /g/, which when combined means "those who speak in the ordinary way, regular way." In turn, this word was borrowed by Ojibwe from the Illinois language, from an original verb irenweewaki, which means "they speak in the regular way" or "they speak Illinois." (Wikipedia)

It's Rob, by the by, when I'm not banging about on the interwebs.

Steve
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Steve »

I don't intend abandoning this board, but there are times when it's not updated and I've read everything, so another board might come in handy at those moments. It's either that or work.

felinamojokitty
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by felinamojokitty »

Illiniwek wrote:Being from Illinois, I wanted something unique to the area. The Native American tribes that populated the area in days gone by were the "Illiniwek", or the Illini Confederation. The name "Iliniwek" is an old Ojibwe word borrowed into French as "Illinois." The modern Ojibwe word is ininiweg, from /inin/ meaning "regular, ordinary, plain," /we/ meaning "to speak," joined with a connector vowel /i/, and an animate plural suffix /g/, which when combined means "those who speak in the ordinary way, regular way." In turn, this word was borrowed by Ojibwe from the Illinois language, from an original verb irenweewaki, which means "they speak in the regular way" or "they speak Illinois." (Wikipedia)

i am having flashbacks to the scene in wayne's world where alice cooper talks about the origins of the word 'milwaukee'
(couldn't find a fitting photo though)

thanks for the history!

Two Martini Breakfast
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Two Martini Breakfast »

felinamojokitty wrote:
Illiniwek wrote:Being from Illinois, I wanted something unique to the area. The Native American tribes that populated the area in days gone by were the "Illiniwek", or the Illini Confederation. The name "Iliniwek" is an old Ojibwe word borrowed into French as "Illinois." The modern Ojibwe word is ininiweg, from /inin/ meaning "regular, ordinary, plain," /we/ meaning "to speak," joined with a connector vowel /i/, and an animate plural suffix /g/, which when combined means "those who speak in the ordinary way, regular way." In turn, this word was borrowed by Ojibwe from the Illinois language, from an original verb irenweewaki, which means "they speak in the regular way" or "they speak Illinois." (Wikipedia)

i am having flashbacks to the scene in wayne's world where alice cooper talks about the origins of the word 'milwaukee'
(couldn't find a fitting photo though)

thanks for the history!

No need for thanks, just send gin.
I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you could walk these streets of freedom badmouthing Lady America, in your damn mirrored sunglasses!

Illiniwek

Post by Illiniwek »

We're not worthy!

felinamojokitty
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by felinamojokitty »

Illiniwek wrote:We're not worthy!

Slackjawd
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Slackjawd »

Because I'm usually so damn drunk, I can only stand there with my mouth agape, in wonderment of the feeling booze gives me.

scumbag
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by scumbag »

I earned it.