Drunken Lamb Chops

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

seandb8
Souse
Souse

Drunken Lamb Chops

Post by seandb8 »

I've seen (and commented in) several 'drunken food/cooking' threads, but this doesn't really fit into any one in particular. I was just wondering if anyone had any favorite insights or recipes for cooking lamb chops (cut from the shoulder, fairly thin, less than an inch thick.) It's Australian lamb, and when I've cooked Australian lamb in the past, whether it was stew or a roast, I've used, and paired, an Australian wine, but just what jumped out at me in the aisle. Any ideas?

I think we need more culinary threads....to worship at the alter of Bacchus is not only compatible but complimentary to a culinary focus. It's not accident that the motto is 'eat, drink, and be merry.'

Mr.
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: Drunken Lamb Chops

Post by Mr. »

well, as a rule of thumb, garlic and oregano are your friends when dealing with lamb. And Australian shiraz is the best you can get for that occasion imho
Enough time to be undrunk in death. - Darkthrone

Mr.
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Mr. »

actually, deal with lamb chops as you would any "steak style"(pork chops, sirloin, whatever) cut of meat. marinate in herbs, oil and acid. cook.

In this case:
garlic, salt/pepper, oregano for the herbs
olive oil for the, you guessed it, oil
australian shiraz for the acid.

cook, then deglaze with the remaining wine, add a big stick of butter or cornstarch to thicken the sauce. and there you go.

There's no recipe for meat. There's just a little know-how, and whatever the fuck is in your pantry. cheers.
Enough time to be undrunk in death. - Darkthrone

kowalski
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by kowalski »

mint sauce
Snakebite & Blue Bols <-- The Drink of Champions