A Full Keg Flashed Before My Eyes

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Cliffie S. Bockerson
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

A Full Keg Flashed Before My Eyes

Post by Cliffie S. Bockerson »

So I just put in a new keg a couple of days ago...I go out to the garage to fill up last night around 11 after starting off with a series of 10 High Sours* and all I get is foam. I try again. 1 oz. beer, 14 oz. foam. This ain't right. I am too buzzed to notice that I am not hearing the sound of the fridge. I open the fridge door to check on things. The keg is still cool, but the air in the fridge ain't.

FUCK! FUCK FUCK!!! ZORGO CANNOT BE DEAD.

I grab an extension cord. I try another outlet. BLAMMO, fridge fires up. Breaker must have tripped during the day sometime. Keg was cool, still, but certainly not cold. Not at all. But I think it will be fine. I hope it will be. I don't *think* it was warm enough long enough to turn it wild.

But let this be a lesson to you kegerator owners...those of you with jobs....check your kegerator for proper functionality immediately when you get home AND before leaving for work. I would recommend verification through consumption, am and pm, but that is up to you, of course.

*Consult Astonishing New Drink Recipes for the completely other-than-astonishing recipe
"Nossir. Even in my worst delirium I never interfered with the flow of traffic. I never drank any hair tonic, either."