New to The Board? Then introduce yourself here...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: New to The Board? Then introduce yourself here...

Post by NYDingbat »

MidnightRambler wrote:Hello everybody;

What a fine hangout you have here - my kind of place, indeed! No doubt I'll be seeing much more of you in the future... Happy cocktail hour! ;-)

Welcome aboard!
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

OfficersChoiceBlue wrote:Thanks for the welcome.
Welcome more then!
- mistah willies

- W.C. Fields

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

bravenewsquirrel wrote:I'm only 37, I shouldn't be so disconnected from modern technology that I don't understand message boards, but here we are.

I apologize (as is the canadian way) if this is a repost, but goddamnit I don't fucking understand this shit. Hi guys.

No worries, Squirrel. You've only got to remember to post drunk, post often and post drunk often.
- mistah willies

- W.C. Fields

IndieDrew
Tippler
Tippler

Post by IndieDrew »

Hey everyone. I'm your best friend that you dragged to the bar when I could have stayed at home and drank. Then you wished you had, because I got plastered and walked around starting fights. In other words, I blame you that I'm in the hospital again. You suck!
Drink Safe, Drink Right &, For God's Sake, Drink Fun https://www.facebook.com/pages/Moochers ... 252?ref=hl

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

High! My name is Savage and I'm oh, is that Makers? Well, yeah, I'll have a snort.
like tears in rain

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Greetings, drunken Earthlings. (and extraterrestrials where applicable)

My name is booznik, and I'm pleased to be here. By way of introducing myself, I'd like to buy everyone a round of... let's see. A top-quality smoky mezcal. I think Del Maguey Chichicapa will do the trick nicely.

CHEERS!

To quote the immortal Bukowski in his Henry Chinaski form in his Mickey Rourke form...

TO ALL MY FRIENDS!
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Welcome aboard, Booznik.
Pull up a chair and tell us a little something about yourself.
And while you are here, don't forget:
Post Drunk.
Post Often.
Post Drunk Often.

Please be sure to read through all the "Announcements" at the top of each Forum, and spend a while browsing through some online back issues of Modern Drunkard Magazine, and then always be sure to have a shot in toast to our Glorious Leader, Mr Frank K. Rich, slurred be his name!
Have a fine time. Look forward to seeing you around The Board.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Thank you, sir. The chair seems to have broken around the time I fell off it, but I'll pull up a refill if that will suffice. I've been lurking here so long, the lurk police pulled me over and made me register. (If this requires being punished with the "WHY?" pic, I understand.)

About me: I like to drink, I like this place, and I like to see how correct I can keep my grammar while drinking. It's a sort of game... the keyboard challenges me by going all blurry, and I beat it into submission. I lose points if I have to use the edit button. I gain points when I don't. Points are redeemable for more drinks.

Currently enjoying gin on ice, for purely medicinal purposes, and also because it's rather toasty warm here in the Republic today.

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Welcome booznik, you are home now!

Keyboard issues? ajhldljhgkljkl 'em. We`ll disect the code correctly, drunk as we are
Drink!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

oettinger wrote:Welcome booznik, you are home now!

Keyboard issues? ajhldljhgkljkl 'em. We`ll disect the code correctly, drunk as we are
My thanks for the gracious welcome. I am fluent in Drunkard and willingly accept it from others; however I make my living at a keyboard, and feel I must uphold my own personal standards.

Also, it is a vendetta against the keyboard, which seeks to betray me more with every drink. With booze as my copilot, I will not let the keyboard win.

Keyboard, even should you blur yourself into three or more incarnations in the manner of a hydra, I AM YOUR MASTER.

What I find even more disagreeable is when the bottle blurs itself into three or more incarnations, but only one of them is real. That's not playing fair.

PVC
Tippler
Tippler

Post by PVC »

Hello, my name is Projectile Vomit Chick, or PVC for short, whatever. I am looking forward to spewing my knowledge here and getting to know you lushes.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

PVC wrote:Hello, my name is [...] PVC...
Hello there PVC,
Allow me to welcome you aboard on behalf of the staff, moderating team and the regulars; we are glad that you have registered and damned glad to meet you. Please enjoy your time here. Hopefully you'll become a regular. Feel free to share your stories of endrunkenment and booze reviews; we will look forward to reading them. However, we do ask that your posts have, at least vaguely, some relevance to the topic of the thread in which you are posting. Also, please do use our internal search facility (at the top right of your screen) to see if there is an extant thread about a topic that you might like to discuss, before starting a new one. We have been around for 11 years, now, and I think you'll be able to find something that relates to almost anything that you may want to discuss (not to mention the fun you should have in reading about our various antics over those years).

In the meantime, please familiarise yourself with our Posting Guidelines and our Parent Site and, in particular, The 86 Rules of Boozing; a set of tenets central to the philosophy of Modern Drunkardism.

If you have any questions or ideas for the site, please don't hesitate to contact me or any of the other global moderators (the green team - with the exception of Barca and Giles, who are on sabbatical, doing important research on exciting new cocktails and exotic beverages and spirits), we are always pleased to help in any way that we can.
So, post drunk.
Post often.
Post drunk often. 
Cheers, my good fellow.
Your friendly neighbourhood moderator, 
P.
P.S. Click on the blue stuff for the link (it sounds obvious but not everyone gets it, so I put it in, regardless; so, please, don't be offended).
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

PVC
Tippler
Tippler

Post by PVC »

Lovely. Thanks for the straight poop and stuff. I look forward to babbling on here for many years to come.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Welcome Aboard PVC enjoy your trip(s) to Blackout Island on this slightly weaving vessel. How many Captains does it take to steer this ship?

One and a fifth.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

PVC wrote:Hello, my name is Projectile Vomit Chick, or PVC for short, whatever. I am looking forward to spewing my knowledge here and getting to know you lushes.

Spew Forth, young lass!