Happy Independence Day, Drunks!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: Independence Eve?

Post by NYDingbat »

Tried to quote your post, dear Palinka, but it wasn't pretty. Not as compact as your post.

In answer to it - BULLSHIT. As bad as things are now - we will run this anti-Constitutional scumbag and his ilk out and get back on track. Life was horrendous under King George III - it's getting there under this reprehensible dirtbag. Rest assured there are many of us who oppose him and his minions and will right our course.

If it weren't for the fucking 3 million asshole republicans who didn't vote "so they could send a message", this jug eared Marxist wouldn't have been re-elected.

Despite this scumbag, who grew up in Indonesia and never attended an Independence Day parade or fireworks display, we true, patriotic Americans will be celebrating our independence. And looking forward to our independence from him and his despicable policies.

Happy Fourth of July!
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

NYDingbat wrote:Tried to quote your post, dear Palinka, but it wasn't pretty. Not as compact as your post...
My apologies. There were an awful lot of links in that post.
NYDingbat wrote:...Life was horrendous under King George III...
I had no idea you were around then. That would make you nearly as old as me; of course, you don't show it (and look considerably better than me).
NYDingbat wrote:...Happy Fourth of July!
Absolutely! I hope that all of our US Board Members celebrate in style and get outside a great many bottles of good cheer.

In the meantime, Happy Canada Day!
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

An Independence Day Toast 2014

Post by Dear Booze »

As we prepare to celebrate the virtues of living in the land of the free, and the home of the brave, and all of the ingredients which make this country great, it’s time to raise a glass.

So let’s toast to July Fourth. Independence Day. May fireworks pierce the clouds and fill the skies with redoubled splendor.

Let’s drink to the Constitution of the United States, the bulwark of our nation. May it remain an unimpaired tool that provides us with the rights to be who we are.

Here’s to the People of the United States. May their eyes be open to their best interest. And to commerce. And the cool confines of a poorly lit bar with a well-stocked supply room.

Here’s to the barmen and wait staff who have generously chosen to serve folks like me on a day like this, who graciously give up their opportunity to cook meat and drink beer in their own front yard, watching neighborhood kids with their faces aglow in delight with thoughts of pyrotechnics and ice cream.

Here’s to the freedom to do what we want, right or wrong. And here’s to the notion that we may or may not have to live with the consequences of every choice we make. Perhaps we can blame our foibles on others. And perhaps we can get away with it.

And here’s to the right to agree or disagree with anything and everything we choose. And here’s to the right to agree to disagree - although there is no satisfaction in that, is there?

Here’s to MADD, with their evil, lying ways and ugly, bitter motives. They have the right to exist, but I really wish they didn’t.

Here’s to television and summer replacement shows, and to talk radio, and to frozen pizza, and to cheap gas process, and to Arthur Guinness and Captain Morgan, and to air conditioning.

If you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands!

Cheers!
DRINK!

Judge

Post by Judge »

Palinka wrote: Absolutely! I hope that all of our US Board Members celebrate in style and get outside a great many bottles of good cheer.
I"m driving to a dry county to spend the day with my cousin.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Judge wrote:
Palinka wrote: Absolutely! I hope that all of our US Board Members celebrate in style and get outside a great many bottles of good cheer.

Loaded up for some loading up, huh.

Make that damned Dry county wet

Yessah

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

mistah willies wrote:
Judge wrote: I"m driving to a dry county to spend the day with my cousin.

Yessah
I'm imagining Judge in a '39 Ford V8 moonshiner special, with a Caddy ambulance engine, and extra-stiff springs to keep the booze from tilting down the back so the Man won't notice.

The Best Moonshine Cars of All Time
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

booznik wrote:
mistah willies wrote:
Judge wrote: I"m driving to a dry county to spend the day with my cousin.

Yessah
I'm imagining Judge in a '39 Ford V8 moonshiner special, with a Caddy ambulance engine, and extra-stiff springs to keep the booze from tilting down the back so the Man won't notice.

The Best Moonshine Cars of All Time
If the good Judge hasn't already got this in the works, you have provided him with an excellent plan.
- mistah willies

- W.C. Fields

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

NYDingbat wrote:If the good Judge hasn't already got this in the works, you have provided him with an excellent plan.
I seem to recall a song about this very theme...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: An Independence Day Toast 2014

Post by NYDingbat »

Dear Booze wrote:As we prepare to celebrate the virtues of living in the land of the free, and the home of the brave, and all of the ingredients which make this country great, it’s time to raise a glass.

So let’s toast to July Fourth. Independence Day. May fireworks pierce the clouds and fill the skies with redoubled splendor.

Let’s drink to the Constitution of the United States, the bulwark of our nation. May it remain an unimpaired tool that provides us with the rights to be who we are.

Here’s to the People of the United States. May their eyes be open to their best interest. And to commerce. And the cool confines of a poorly lit bar with a well-stocked supply room.

Here’s to the barmen and wait staff who have generously chosen to serve folks like me on a day like this, who graciously give up their opportunity to cook meat and drink beer in their own front yard, watching neighborhood kids with their faces aglow in delight with thoughts of pyrotechnics and ice cream.

Here’s to the freedom to do what we want, right or wrong. And here’s to the notion that we may or may not have to live with the consequences of every choice we make. Perhaps we can blame our foibles on others. And perhaps we can get away with it.

And here’s to the right to agree or disagree with anything and everything we choose. And here’s to the right to agree to disagree - although there is no satisfaction in that, is there?

Here’s to MADD, with their evil, lying ways and ugly, bitter motives. They have the right to exist, but I really wish they didn’t.

Here’s to television and summer replacement shows, and to talk radio, and to frozen pizza, and to cheap gas process, and to Arthur Guinness and Captain Morgan, and to air conditioning.

If you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands!

Cheers!

Seconded! And here's to you as well! Cheers!
- mistah willies

- W.C. Fields

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

I am currently sitting at Grogg's Irish Pub celebrating the birth of our nation within a pretty healthy buzz. The plan is to make it home in time to watch my neighbors yell at their kids as the youngsters try very hard to blow their own fingers off with a variety of fireworks.

From Joe Dirt...
Joe: "I see you got the snakes and sparklers, but where's the good stuff, man?"
Kicking Wing: "Good stuff? This is the good stuff. Snakes and sparklers."
Joe Dirt: "Are you nuts, dude? You need stuff that explodes, go boom."
"Kicking Wing: "Why is that good?"
Joe Dirt: "Well, you might as well ask "why is the tree good?" "Why is the sunset good?" "Why are boobs good?" Man! Firecrackers. You stick them in mailboxes, drop them in toilets, you shove them up a bullfrog's ass. You're going to tell me you have no Black Cats, no Roman Candles, or Screaming Meemies? Oh, come on man! You don't got no Ladyfingers, buzz bottles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippedy-doodas, crap flappers? No whistling bungholes, no spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honky lighters, Husker Dus, Husker Don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy dazers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?"
DRINK!

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

Judge wrote:

Egads, man! Surely you're smuggling a taste along?
- mistah willies

- W.C. Fields

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

So here's Verne Troyer on the 4th of July.

"What a country" --Yakov Smirnoff
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Going by the above, this fits the bill: KId Rock
Drink!

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Great post, DB!

Cheers, everyone!
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be