What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by whiskeyprick »

Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Beer with a side of beer. Cheers.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

A very, very spooky Monday Punch…

…it’s just more vodka cranberry.

Happy Halloween, you wonderful fucks!
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

Just tried a Heineken Silver. For the massive ad campaign about it we've had down here, I can't say I can taste anything special about it. Nor is it "extra refreshing" as the can states. Essentially, it's a regular Heineken in a flashy can. Well, I bought a four-pack with a discount, so it's fine for a Wednesday night.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

DrunkinEurope wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:53 pm
Just tried a Heineken Silver. For the massive ad campaign about it we've had down here, I can't say I can taste anything special about it. Nor is it "extra refreshing" as the can states. Essentially, it's a regular Heineken in a flashy can. Well, I bought a four-pack with a discount, so it's fine for a Wednesday night.
i tried for free in the supermarket...not for me. basically diet heiny. its all over the place over here as well but never actually seen anyone drinking it yet.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

^^ After I finished my second (and poured my regular cheap Greek lager), I noticed the silver has only 4% ABV, in contrast to the 5% of regular Heineken, or most beer. I think they advertise it heavily during football matches because it targets people that don't really like beer, or drinking, but want something to drink during group gatherings. I can see it getting big next month, with the World Cup, before it fades into obscurity.

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

DrunkinEurope wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:28 pm
^^ After I finished my second (and poured my regular cheap Greek lager), I noticed the silver has only 4% ABV, in contrast to the 5% of regular Heineken, or most beer. I think they advertise it heavily during football matches because it targets people that don't really like beer, or drinking, but want something to drink during group gatherings. I can see it getting big next month, with the World Cup, before it fades into obscurity.
i don't think those sort of beers seem popular here in Europe do they. bud light arrived here to massive fan fair a few years ago and i'm still waiting to see someone actually drink it....you can get pretty decent lager beer here for pretty cheap anyway..why would anyone go for light beer?

that said cask ale is still semi popular here especially among older folk and they normally rock around 4%. the old fellas love it cause they can drink it all day long...i guess it's also what they grew up on. was rare to see any beer over 4.5% when my dad was a kid...defo not the case now... those beers taste great still but get called granddad beers now.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:07 pm

i don't think those sort of beers seem popular here in Europe do they. bud light arrived here to massive fan fair a few years ago and i'm still waiting to see someone actually drink it....you can get pretty decent lager beer here for pretty cheap anyway..why would anyone go for light beer?

that said cask ale is still semi popular here especially among older folk and they normally rock around 4%. the old fellas love it cause they can drink it all day long...i guess it's also what they grew up on. was rare to see any beer over 4.5% when my dad was a kid...defo not the case now... those beers taste great still but get called granddad beers now.
I honestly can't remember ever seeing bud light (or any light beer) making its presence in either Greece or Denmark. They're definitely not beers catering to us Europeans. And I wanted to go on diet, I'd quit beer and stick to bourbon, or maybe tequila (someone had once told me tequila is the most diet-friendly liquor, I might have to give it a shot).

I had never heard of cask ale before (just googled it), but I think the reason I grew up thinking 5% beer has always been the norm is that our older generation here in Greece grew up drinking ouzo and tsipouro (which, when homemade, can reach up to 90% APV, if not higher - tried it once, it almost made me shoot up to the ceiling, I need to learn how to still it). Come to think of it, I have to go buy some in the morning...what were we talking about?

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Trying to drink Franzia Chillable Red. I'm just sitting here slapping at the hordes of fruit flies. This morning there were a larger than usual number of fruit flies around my bananas, so I put the bananas in a plastic bag and tied it off. Now the fruit flies are starving to death and raiding my wine glass.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

I’m going to chew Scotch and drink bubblegum. And I’m all out of bubblegum.

DrunkinEurope
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by DrunkinEurope »

Evan Williams Black Label on the rocks and cheap beer.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

No EW, just cold, cheap American beer.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Windsor Canadian- Black Cherry- Diabeetus- With ice. It was free.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Badfellow wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:03 pm
Windsor Canadian- Black Cherry- Diabeetus- With ice. It was free.
I tired apple flavored Seagram's whiskey and it was pretty dambed sweet, too. I wonder if yours is as sweet as that.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Night 2 of the battle of the fruit flies. Even though I took out my trash and threw away my bananas yesterday, there appear to be more fruit flies than ever today. I can clap my hands in front of my face and find two fruit fly corpses in my palms. I was even able to kill a couple as they roosted on my glass of Franzia Chillable Red. This'll be two nights in a row of doing nothing but sitting and drinking and clapping my hands.