The say what's on your mind thread ....

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Gaston
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: The say what's on your mind thread ....

Post by Gaston »

What's with you all having sex on the ground?

It's the year 2000 now why can't you get with modern times and bend her over a kitchen sink?
Sometimes, you start there or the kitchen table, bathroom, alley down the street...sometimes even a bed...but somehow we always end up on the floor...god damnit, I love you floor...and I really need to get you steam cleaned, now that I think about what I've done on you....
The truth. Why is it so important? The truth is I'm an alcoholic prick. The lie is that I'm a charming well mannered drunkard. now isn't that much prettier? LET THE FALSEHOOD REIGN!

Or it could be the brain addled delusions. I doubt that. If you've ever met me, you'd want to buy me a drink. If you haven't met me, you'd want to buy me two.- DirtyLou

Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by **** »

DrDrinkBastard wrote:
Coriolanus wrote:Bleeding is one of those things that should be avoided during sex, in so far as it is reasonably possible. And rug burn takes forever to go away...
I don't wanna die without a few more scars
as your life coach, i can help you attain these goals.

Illiniwek
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Illiniwek »

I just came back from the grocery store. Bought a chicken and some St. Louis-cut ribs for dinner. I saw this mix of marinated red peppers and garlic cloves and thought, nah, I bet that's horrible. So I got a little, just out of curiosity. OMG! It's fucking delicious. Who knew the garlic could be tamed to the point that you can pop it in your mouth whole? Outstanding.

Coriolanus
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Coriolanus »

I think all-day BBQ's might be the finest of fine drinking events. Keg beer all day, from 11am onwards. Irish whiskey, Maker's Mark, handles of rail vodka and rum mixed with economy-sized America's Choice fruit juices and knock-off brand name soda. Meat as far as the eye can see; the standard burgers and dogs; grilled onions and portabella mushrooms, home-made potato/sweet potato salad, corn on the cob, pork chops, teriyaki steak skewers, BBQ bacon-shrimp skewers... suffice it to say, Grill Master Coriolanus took care of everybody's stomachs. We started drinking at 11am and kept it going until around 3 or so (I can't remember, my girlfriend had to have my friends carry my passed out body to a cab so she could put me to bed, which she sorta succeeded in, even though I woke up in all my clothes...). It was one big crazy drunk-fest. Now that Spring is sprung, it looks like this will become a weekly event.
I don't care what they say about you... I think you're alright.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

BARBECUE??!!

Living by the credo, "if you can kill it, I will grill it", I once Bar-B-Qd two entire deer during a "gentleman's retreat" (read: the gf kicked me out) on the Six Nations Reservation, near Hamilton, Ontario, Canada (ca. 1989). We were on a 2-day alky-coke fest and I let it be known that I could BBQ anything. Native Americans/Canadians will call your bluff every time, so I had to deliver.

The Indians sent some young braves to my house in Toronto, where the old-lady gladly gave them one of my giant expanded-metal "grills". Some other youngsters dug a hole and bordered the top with a layer of "borrowed" cinder blocks, the grill on top of those, and then two more layers of stacked blocks. For a lid, a piece of plywood; for a chimney, a discarded, wood-reinforced refridgerator crate.

We had already built a bed of coals from burning whole maple logs before "assembly" of the grill and shoveled them into one side of the hole. The "chimney" was placed off-set from the banked coals on one side of the grill; the rest of the grill was covered with the piece of plywood. I used a length of pvc pipe, inserted at a 45-degree angle to add air-draw, under the side with the coals, so the heat and smoke would be directed up the chimney.

The deer were quartered and piled under the upright refridgerator crate, for indirect-heat cooking. (side note: when part of your grill is wood and cardboard you better know WHAT the hell you're doing)

Lots of basting with a combo of bacon fat (10lbs!), olive-oil and a water/vinegar/red pepper sauce, many near-disaster flare-ups and 8 hours later, we dined like savage kings.

Did I mention we were drunk and coked-up?
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Coriolanus
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Coriolanus »

peetie44 wrote:BARBECUE??!!

Living by the credo, "if you can kill it, I will grill it", I once Bar-B-Qd two entire deer during a "gentleman's retreat" (read: the gf kicked me out) on the Six Nations Reservation, near Hamilton, Ontario, Canada (ca. 1989). We were on a 2-day alky-coke fest and I let it be known that I could BBQ anything. Native Americans/Canadians will call your bluff every time, so I had to deliver.

The Indians sent some young braves to my house in Toronto, where the old-lady gladly gave them one of my giant expanded-metal "grills". Some other youngsters dug a hole and bordered the top with a layer of "borrowed" cinder blocks, the grill on top of those, and then two more layers of stacked blocks. For a lid, a piece of plywood; for a chimney, a discarded, wood-reinforced refridgerator crate.

We had already built a bed of coals from burning whole maple logs before "assembly" of the grill and shoveled them into one side of the hole. The "chimney" was placed off-set from the banked coals on one side of the grill; the rest of the grill was covered with the piece of plywood. I used a length of pvc pipe, inserted at a 45-degree angle to add air-draw, under the side with the coals, so the heat and smoke would be directed up the chimney.

The deer were quartered and piled under the upright refridgerator crate, for indirect-heat cooking. (side note: when part of your grill is wood and cardboard you better know WHAT the hell you're doing)

Lots of basting with a combo of bacon fat (10lbs!), olive-oil and a water/vinegar/red pepper sauce, many near-disaster flare-ups and 8 hours later, we dined like savage kings.

Did I mention we were drunk and coked-up?

That's some serious grillin' right there, Peetie. I heartily salute you. All that flame cooked venison is exciting my stomach. I'm thinking that I'm going to go shoot something and eat it sometime in the near future. Also going to make sure there's plenty of beer to go 'round. But man, that's one serious Indian style pow-wow-cookout you're talking about there. Your "cool" factor just went up like a million points in my eyes.

felinamojokitty
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by felinamojokitty »

i just had a bowl of cereal with milk and after not drinking milk for a couple of years i feel a tad gassy.

shylock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shylock »

Me and my pops went early morning fishing yesterday. We wore em out and had ourselves a good ol'e fashioned southern fish fry. Damn, these are the days worth remembering.
"Shotguns and whiskey, while fun, do not necessarily go together, unless you're duck hunting...then if it flies...it dies." Gaston

Gaston
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Gaston »

now I need to go hunting and fishing.....if only I could remember where my guns are....sidenote: shotguns and whiskey, while fun, do not necessarily go together, unless you're duck hunting...then if it flies...it dies. Fishing and beer though...man that's a fucking winning combo right there, just don't pass out in the boat with my friends...they'll leave you there for the whole fricking 80 mile ride back home on the interstate....

man...I'm calling my dad, see if he still has some deer left...I want bbq deer....and elk...but I doubt he has any left...
The truth. Why is it so important? The truth is I'm an alcoholic prick. The lie is that I'm a charming well mannered drunkard. now isn't that much prettier? LET THE FALSEHOOD REIGN!

Or it could be the brain addled delusions. I doubt that. If you've ever met me, you'd want to buy me a drink. If you haven't met me, you'd want to buy me two.- DirtyLou

shylock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by shylock »

Congrats on the sig....
Gaston wrote:shotguns and whiskey, while fun, do not necessarily go together, unless you're duck hunting...then if it flies...it dies.
"Shotguns and whiskey, while fun, do not necessarily go together, unless you're duck hunting...then if it flies...it dies." Gaston

Coriolanus
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Coriolanus »

Schmaltz made a good point in the MDM article "Booze and the Hunt;" don't be one of those fucking yuppies that drives around in a jeep with 4 of his buddies, chugging Bud light cans and blasting away at anything that moves. The hunt is a solemn occasion. It needs no booze to improve it. Save the drinking for afterwards, reminiscing by the fire about past hunts.

Booze and fishing on the other hand, well, nothing more needs to be said except "booze and fishing."

Steve
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Steve »

Injured the palm of my hand, half burn/half graze, and it's taking forever to heal. Doesn't look like much but stings like three kinds of bastard whenever I move my thumb.

Coriolanus
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Coriolanus »

Boxed wine is unpleasant, but it does the job. I feel like my parents.

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Gin McGuinness »

How do I rustle up some errands for work so I can sit in the pub and get paid for the day?
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

Coriolanus
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Coriolanus »

Lie inventively?