It's Friday, drunks.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Dirty Diamond Lou
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Re: It's Friday, drunks.

Post by Dirty Diamond Lou »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:37 pm
About to make some pizzas because screw Dominoes. What's up with you all?
Hell, that's what's for dinner tonight. Costco add your own toppings pizza kit. The sauce is garbage. It just needs some sprucing up. A dash of this, pinch of that. A sip of this, a... What the hell? Float a little extra Vodak on top of this! For chrissakes, It's not like I'm in this for the refreshing lemon lime soda.

BTW, I wouldn't turn your back on any of those drunks who posted in 2011. Rotten lot I say.
*Ryan picks up and dusts off old thread*
How did you even find that? Was there nothing on tv? Did you snap out of "Moonshiners: Outlaw Cuts" daze?
I'm also known as ssapals.

aka: Dirty Lou
aka: Sweet Lou
aka: The Whole Enchilada

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:43 pm
I need dark. Cold. Rain.
you definitely picked the wrong spot living in SoCal
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Made a tiki drink around 10 while I listened to the "Issues with Andy" podcast and finished what's left of my work week. Since my kids will be stuck at home until April 24, we're going to go to my inlaws and get their bikes so we can get them outside at some point. Fucking horrible year 2020 is starting out to be.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Dirty Diamond Lou wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:15 am
Hell, that's what's for dinner tonight. Costco add your own toppings pizza kit. The sauce is garbage. It just needs some sprucing up. A dash of this, pinch of that. A sip of this, a... What the hell? Float a little extra Vodak on top of this!
The trick is to float a liter or so of vodak over the pallete first. Makes everything taste magnifique! Also good for sprucing up reality.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I`m drunk, AD is on her first pass out already
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

^^^ and I've still an hour to go at work! Oh the fun!

Seriously though I've been ready for a drink for hours now.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

Yeah, this is my "breaking" day. Yesterday was brutal, I just had to get out, but didn't have anywhere to go.

Today I finally got out to get the kids' bikes from my in-laws' house and swung by the liquor store. I was next in line, and about to head to the cashier when this dude in full on Contagion gear (full-face face mask, and heavy duty work gloves) just butts in front of me, blathering to the cashier about looking for something sweet.

I guess he didn't notice he just totally jumped the line, because when he saw my reaction he assumed I was freaking out by what he was wearing, "Don't worry, I'm fine; this is just precaution."

I wanted to go like, "NO ASSHOLE, GET IN THE BACK OF THE LINE!"

It didn't matter tho', the cashier told him to try the grocery store next door and he promptly left. Why the fuck was he in the liquor store anyway?

Whatever the case, the liquor store is really pushing the 6 feet of separation mandate by taping down six foot separation lines on the floor of the cashier's line. I don't know how many people will use it. While I was shopping, I'd always notice someone just absentmindedly wandering into my airspace, inhaling and exhaling right over my shoulder.

They even put an 8-foot tall sneeze guard in front of the poor cashier who has to deal with these mad people.
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:32 pm
Yeah, this is my "breaking" day. Yesterday was brutal, I just had to get out, but didn't have anywhere to go.

Today I finally got out to get the kids' bikes from my in-laws' house and swung by the liquor store. I was next in line, and about to head to the cashier when this dude in full on Contagion gear (full-face face mask, and heavy duty work gloves) just butts in front of me, blathering to the cashier about looking for something sweet.

I guess he didn't notice he just totally jumped the line, because when he saw my reaction he assumed I was freaking out by what he was wearing, "Don't worry, I'm fine; this is just precaution."

I wanted to go like, "NO ASSHOLE, GET IN THE BACK OF THE LINE!"

It didn't matter tho', the cashier told him to try the grocery store next door and he promptly left. Why the fuck was he in the liquor store anyway?

Whatever the case, the liquor store is really pushing the 6 feet of separation mandate by taping down six foot separation lines on the floor of the cashier's line. I don't know how many people will use it. While I was shopping, I'd always notice someone just absentmindedly wandering into my airspace, inhaling and exhaling right over my shoulder.

They even put an 8-foot tall sneeze guard in front of the poor cashier who has to deal with these mad people.
tl;dr version: I NEED A DRINK

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Rye and Coke wrote:

Today I finally got out to get the kids' bikes from my in-laws' house and swung by the liquor store. I was next in line, and about to head to the cashier when this dude in full on Contagion gear (full-face face mask, and heavy duty work gloves) just butts in front of me
Pandemic or no pandemic dipshits like that always irritate the hell out of me. The line is not a hard concept to grasp. It may not be pleasent but it's fairly simple to understand.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

It's been work as usual for me. Almost. Since we're so low on supply (Fritos, Cheetos, Lays) the workdays have been short. When I was walking home with my latte, there was an employee from a cafe on my block handing out menus to anybody she passed. I took one, even though I never eat there.

The coffee shop has you place your order at the side door of the building without going inside. They have arrow signs directing you around to the other door to continue waiting outside to get your drink. It was just me and one other person in line, and we both observed proper social distancing.

And now that I've eaten, had coffee, and had a nap, it is time to drink. I guess it'll be wine. The neighborhood sure is quiet for a Friday. The employees at the eye-surgery center next door have an outdoor break area and they always seem more raucous and loud on Fridays. But not since the lockdown. I don't here a peep from then now.

That first drink on a Friday is always my favorite. It rings in the weekend. And since I'm on vacation from work next week, this first drink rings in an entire week.

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:43 pm
It's been work as usual for me. Almost. Since we're so low on supply (Fritos, Cheetos, Lays) the workdays have been short. When I was walking home with my latte, there was an employee from a cafe on my block handing out menus to anybody she passed. I took one, even though I never eat there.

The coffee shop has you place your order at the side door of the building without going inside. They have arrow signs directing you around to the other door to continue waiting outside to get your drink. It was just me and one other person in line, and we both observed proper social distancing.

And now that I've eaten, had coffee, and had a nap, it is time to drink. I guess it'll be wine. The neighborhood sure is quiet for a Friday. The employees at the eye-surgery center next door have an outdoor break area and they always seem more raucous and loud on Fridays. But not since the lockdown. I don't here a peep from then now.

That first drink on a Friday is always my favorite. It rings in the weekend. And since I'm on vacation from work next week, this first drink rings in an entire week.
Well let's do the damn thing. I'm on my 4th and I'm happily languishing. I'ma bout to make some dinner (fish, vegetables and cornbread) and maybe later on, I'll watch a movie.

I bought a bottle of Jim Beam Rye, which is the only Jim Beam I'll drink since one fateful night when I spewed a gut-full of the stuff on my way to the bathroom. The corn taste is just too much for me.

but the rye is fine by me. Once, the family took a trip to New York and I loaded up my suitcase with the stuff because I couldn't count on getting alcohol anywhere else. It was great. We stayed at my wife's uncle and aunts in New Jersey. While they slept on the pull out couch in the living room, I slept in a backroom with my own television a cup and ice and Jim. It was probably one of the best vacations of my adult life.

Cheers to the memories

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rye and Coke »

scream ale wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:37 pm
Rye and Coke wrote:

Today I finally got out to get the kids' bikes from my in-laws' house and swung by the liquor store. I was next in line, and about to head to the cashier when this dude in full on Contagion gear (full-face face mask, and heavy duty work gloves) just butts in front of me
Pandemic or no pandemic dipshits like that always irritate the hell out of me. The line is not a hard concept to grasp. It may not be pleasent but it's fairly simple to understand.
And he was so in his "own little world" he had no idea what I was mad about. He genuinely thought I was worried about his get-up. I had half a mind to fake cough in front of him to see what'd he do.

But I think someone did that recently and got arrested. I'm assuming that nowadays that'd be like joking about a bomb in an airport.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

It's Friday, drunks.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Well, if I wasn't known as a regular Friday drunk, I might cause some folks alarm. I'm totally blotto at this hour and self isolation at this time seems to be the wise choice. I'm always alone anyway. That makes it all that much easier. But pass that on the young crowd in the inner city. They need to go out at night and meet up and do what healthy adults do. Otherwise, there will be great riots.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Dirty Diamond Lou
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Dirty Diamond Lou »

This Friday I spent the day wondering how long I could go without a drink. I watched a movie. I made a go of it.

It gets better, I promise.

Once the experiment was up, I blitzed. Blitzed hard and fast. Then, I took a snooze. I was stirred to wakefulness by the white noise of that jackass from "Bar Rescue". Piece of shit who guts places with real barstools and replaces them with cheap ass Ikea crap that will break within two weeks. Has that douche ever even spent an hour in a real bar? I decided I would go for a marathon drink. Now, sleep deprived and invigorated with alcohol, I might just end up face down mid morning PST.

Dawn has broken. Around this time, in Vegas, I would be aching to get inside before I must witness sunrise. Now, I will cocoon myself amidst a swarm of blankets.

Oh, I am drunk. I just relentlessly pore over my posts so I sound less stupid.
I'm also known as ssapals.

aka: Dirty Lou
aka: Sweet Lou
aka: The Whole Enchilada