COVID-19: The good, bad, & the ugly share here:

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: COVID-19: The good, bad, & the ugly share here:

Post by scream ale »

Cuomo's on a roll

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I am supposedly immune compromised. Unfortunately, my husband is an essential worker (defense). Every time one of us coughs, I worry. Today the electrician came to install some lights, including the big bat one in the library, and I couldn't find my mask, so I stayed away from him, reading book reviews at the other end of the house. I haven't seen my children or grandchildren for months. Yet, at the hardware store, grocery store, and drugstore (pretty much the only places I go) there are still azzholes who pull their masks off or down while they shop. They used to not wear them at all, but our governor said that we must mask. I guess the morons are following the example of our brainless leaders.
like tears in rain

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Savage put on your face diaper when you must but do not let them keep you from familial contact.that is bullshit. Visit with your kids,

Here's my latest story
I was in the Walmarx, really only had a few things to pick up.
I was wearing my mandated face covering, a red bandanna Jesse James style, I'm a goddam bank robber
4 C batteries - for the spotlight i just installed above my trash cans (another story)
Red Baron - is still the best deal on frozen pizza, my current fave is the mexican style but they excel at the thin crust pepperoni.
Turtle food - i went to a local pet place, try to shop local, dude says 'no we don't do much with turtles." OK fuck you tortoisephobe I'll go to Walmarx
White spray paint - My truck is falling apart body wise so i pretty much buy a can of white primer every time i go to walmark
40 pack of bottleed water - I still drink alot you sissies, and with this I sometimes need hydrated. I drink many bottled waters and I wish I could throw the empties straight into the ocean because fuck dolphins. They think they cute.
anyway so my last pickup was the bulk water bottles , and this was in the same aisle as all the beer and such. so I was perusing the beer selection, I am stocked and not buying, but you don't just walk by the beer aisle without a glance. I see there is PBR coffee, what the fuck?
then as I'm standing there these 2 black dudes come straight up to me. i smiled politely under my mask.
The closest dude say "Ya buhman?
I could tell it was a question but
I said "What?"
He goes "You blood, man?" while pulling on his red bandanna, eyeballing mine.
I flashed the local WC with my left hand, the double CC with the right, and said "Crip killer full-time"
They loved that they fell out and was clownin but they know whats up.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

^ ^ ^ Shit we hate: Turtlephobes.
Okole maluna!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

We Bloods have a special relationship the shelled reptiles. Turtlephobes receive a special kind of torture.
I cannot count the number of times my turtle has saved my life.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Our fucking Gubna, Gavin Newsom pulled a fast one on us last week. For several weeks, he kept announcing that he would make a groundbreaking announcement at the end of the month. We were all excited. Woo Hoo, shit's gonna open up. Nope his announcement was that we spent a shit ton of money on a stupid website that shows a map of California with color coaded counties. The colors represent how many cases of COVID have been reported. I would be okay with this if it counted hospitalization. But no. Just "reported cases". They cant use hospital numbers because they are too low, about .07 of those reported.

Nothing changed except that Gavin's aunt, Nancy Pelosi, went to a hair salon and got a cut n curl. This is the same thing that Californians get fined for doing. The hypocrisy is astounding.
DRINK!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Two items came out last week that blow the doors off this whole virus hoax.
NY Times reported CDC looked at deaths and found only 6% were covid only. The rest were elderly with underlying conditions.
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/live-upda ... d=72721768

Then there is the covid test kit sensitivity.
Your Coronavirus Test Is Positive. Maybe It Shouldn’t Be.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/heal ... sting.html
But keep wearing thsose face diapers. Maybe one day you will be infected by covid.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

San Diego loses another bar to the pandemic

Post by Hugh »

Or maybe it would be more accurate to say it was lost to the lockdown. It was a neighborhood bar, Bar Pink: https://www.nbcsandiego.com/entertainme ... c/2425321/

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: San Diego loses another bar to the pandemic

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Somebody else will buy it and open it back up again eventually.

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

I'm going to share some magic words with you. These will allow you to go anywhere you want and to do anything you want without a mask or social distancing, regardless of any local, regional, state, or federal restrictions. Learn this. Memorize it. Use it when necessary:

“I made a bad mistake. The spirit of what I’m preaching all the time was contradictory, and I’ve got to own that, so I’m going to apologize. Instead of sitting down, I should have stood up and walked back, got in my car and drove back to my house. I shouldn’t have been there.”

This actually works. It's true. It's science.

~ Gavin Newsom, November 16, 2020
DRINK!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Seriously,wear the gawdang mask you pusses. Just do it. ‘Cause guess what? If you don’t not only will you kill grandma, your sorry ass might end up dead.

Well,no big loss,but still...
like tears in rain

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

China is getting drunk in public. They are done with corona. Bars and clubs are open, no masks or distancing shit. They are partying like, well, check out this pair headed to an elevator:
https://youtu.be/smbMvqwiZ48
They are laughing at us with our bars all closed down!
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Savage wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:28 am
Seriously,wear the gawdang mask you pusses. Just do it. ‘Cause guess what? If you don’t not only will you kill grandma, your sorry ass might end up dead.

There is no science there. Granny thinks we are stupid shutting down the economy and putting people on the street just for her. You will get sick if you keep wearing your mask. Your immune system will suffer do to oxygen shortage. That is your choice not mine.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Lush City wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:26 pm
Granny thinks we are stupid shutting down the economy and putting people on the street just for her.
Granny is right, shutting down the economy is stupid. There are better solutions as long as precautionary measures are taken. At the very least, go back to fewer tables in the bars and restaurants to keep people distanced, and only let a certain number of people in. It's sickening to see businesses suffering. After the first full blown lock-down when everything reopened, we went to a bar, we just had to walk in with a mask but then once we were seated, not wear one as long as we weren't walking around. And the bar stools were removed so people couldn't sit there so close to one another and sneeze in the bartenders face at least. Now we are on lock-down #2 and pretty sure that bar is not open at all. That is stupid.

Also during the first lock-down, McDonald's restaurants that don't have drive-thrus weren't even open at all! I can't even imagine the losses there, not only the monetary loss but the job losses. But before this second lock-down, we went to a McDonald's that also didn't have a drive-thru and they had the seating section roped off but you could at least walk in and order at the counter (which no big deal for us, we don't dine in at a place like that anyway). Not sure if they are even open at all now.

Yesterday we went to a UPS type store and the sign on the door read "only 3 people allowed at a time". It doesn't make sense why every place can't do the same by just limiting the occupancy. It's better than nothing!
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Savage wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:28 am

It will be interesting now that it's flu season to see if the masks help curb that since flu season always does a number on the old and immune compromised folks. I'm not old nor have immunity issues but it was pretty awful when, during the height of the virus before masks were mandated, I was at the grocery store and some lady trying to squeeze by me sneezed on me. That's messed up!
Okole maluna!