I am currently making moonshine.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

WildDamnTurkey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by WildDamnTurkey »

jonnyswagger wrote:since I'm the resident drunk balladeer, this is appropriate for this thread:
sounds like it would go to the tune of that "no, nay, never/wild rover" song.

Modern Drunkard
Site Admin

Post by Modern Drunkard »

Don't listen to them. Fuck the Feds, you're doing God's work. Moonshining is a fine American tradition and I salute you. If you're attending the convention, please bring a jug.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Hey, I'm not saying "Don't do it."
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Modern Drunkard
Site Admin

Frankennietzsche Zamboni wrote:Hey, I'm not saying "Don't do it."
Couldn't imagine that you would, Frank. But I reckon half the attraction of moonshining would be its illegality. Which also explains why six speakeasies replaced every saloon in NYC (according to some estimates) when the US went dry.

meanjoefan
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by meanjoefan »

What you gotta watch out for is (if you're using electric heat) that you run you utilities way up. This'll draw attention.

Granted, they'll assume you're growing, not 'shining, but you still wind up fucked.

I'f you're just making enough for yourself and friends, doubt this'll be a problem.

Incidentally, just purchased 12# cracked corn, 10#sugar, 8#barley, and 5#rye. Progress report in 2 weeks, once my "beer" is finished "brewing."
I lost 10 quick pounds on the "bologna and applesauce" diet!
Ask how you can too!

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

And I take shit here for driving drunk on my own property.

We all stand in jeopardy of standing charges for public drunkeness, but moonshining is illegal, point of fact. And inefficient, financially.

I believe the law is stupid as well, along with the pot laws, but that's the way it is, until we decide to rise up, kill all the busybodies that decide what's good for us, and reclaim our liberty.

This board is a leader in that, and I salute you all for belonging.

Modern Drunkard
Site Admin

Gore-no-more wrote:And I take shit here for driving drunk on my own property.

We all stand in jeopardy of standing charges for public drunkeness, but moonshining is illegal, point of fact. And inefficient, financially.

I believe the law is stupid as well, along with the pot laws, but that's the way it is, until we decide to rise up, kill all the busybodies that decide what's good for us, and reclaim our liberty.

This board is a leader in that, and I salute you all for belonging.
Driving drunk on your own property, when no one else's life is in jeopardy, is a natural right where I grew up. I think MADD's fanaticism leaks onto this board on occasion.

As far as moonshining, I consider it civil disobedience of a dumb law. Everyone should be able to make their own booze.

rat bastard
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by rat bastard »

Frankennietzsche Zamboni wrote:
The ATF wrote:Spirits
You cannot produce spirits for beverage purposes without paying taxes and without prior approval of paperwork to operate a distilled spirits plant. [See 26 U.S.C. 5601 & 5602 for some of the criminal penalties.] There are numerous requirements that must be met that make it impractical to produce spirits for personal or beverage use. Some of these requirements are paying special tax, filing an extensive application, filing a bond, providing adequate equipment to measure spirits, providing suitable tanks and pipelines, providing a separate building (other than a dwelling) and maintaining detailed records, and filing reports. All of these requirements are listed in 27 CFR Part 19.

Spirits may be produced for nonbeverage purposes for fuel use only without payment of tax, but you also must file an application, receive ATF's approval, and follow requirements, such as construction, use, records and reports.

http://www.atf.gov/alcohol/info/faq/genalcohol.htm#g1

http://www.atf.gov/alcohol/info/faq/
i do believe i stand corrected sir.