cant find mead

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: cant find mead

Post by Patchez »

Google Viking Blod. It's by Dansk Modj I believe. You should be able to search a few shopping sites at the top of the page that ships.
Also searching meaderies should pop some up that may or may not be local.
Renfaires are also s good place to search.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Patchez wrote:Google Viking Blod. It's by Dansk Modj I believe. You should be able to search a few shopping sites at the top of the page that ships.
Also searching meaderies should pop some up that may or may not be local.
Renfaires are also s good place to search.
The beard should definitely have been a hint: of course Patchez knows where to find mead.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

Go to a liquor store and look in the wine section. It is nigh impossible to find carbonated or "sparkling" Mead. Maybe its a Minnesota thing but almost any good sized liquor store seems to have at least a couple of types of Mead on the shelf. It might be hiding under labels such as "honey wine".
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

kowalski wrote:I drank some mead on the island of Lindisfarn
I love lindisfarne
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zny53R1cJE
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Oggar wrote:Go to a liquor store and look in the wine section. It is nigh impossible to find carbonated or "sparkling" Mead. Maybe its a Minnesota thing but almost any good sized liquor store seems to have at least a couple of types of Mead on the shelf. It might be hiding under labels such as "honey wine".
Ha! Nice try, but everybody knows Minnesota doesn't exist. It's a fictional state the Brits invented to make the French jealous. In fact there are just forests there.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Mr Boozificator wrote:
Oggar wrote:Go to a liquor store and look in the wine section. It is nigh impossible to find carbonated or "sparkling" Mead. Maybe its a Minnesota thing but almost any good sized liquor store seems to have at least a couple of types of Mead on the shelf. It might be hiding under labels such as "honey wine".
Ha! Nice try, but everybody knows Minnesota doesn't exist. It's a fictional state the Brits invented to make the French jealous. In fact there are just forests there.
Jealous much?
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Never, of course, they're just Brits after all. And we built a tunnel allowing us to access London pubs whenever we want.
We're planning the same thing for New York but it's classified information.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Mr Boozificator wrote:Never, of course, they're just Brits after all. And we built a tunnel allowing us to access London pubs whenever we want.
Oh, I forgot how you built that tunnel, all on your own, without UK drilling machines and planning

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Mr. Viking wrote:
Mr Boozificator wrote:Never, of course, they're just Brits after all. And we built a tunnel allowing us to access London pubs whenever we want.
Oh, I forgot how you built that tunnel, all on your own, without UK drilling machines and planning
Yeah, they tried propaganda, but the truth prevailed in the end.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

like the new avatar, very foreboding

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Mr. Viking wrote:like the new avatar, very foreboding
Thanks.

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

Can't find mead? Really? You can't find a beverage that I first sampled ON THE JOB at the ripe old age of seventeen?

Do what Oggar said, and if that doesn't work, make friends with some beekeepers. Mead comes from honey, and beekeepers tend to have an awful lot of that stuff on hand.
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

I've always liked bees and not feared them much... Maybe I've found my calling. A drunken beekeeper/mead-brewer. In my imagination, nothing can go wrong.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

I've only ever had it in brewpubs/breweries that make it onsite. Never seen it commercially bottled.

Yes , it is made with honey. As to the higher alcohol, that's really up to the brewer, the type of yeast he's got etc.

Also to the latter point, many things are higher in alcohol than a typical beer. And almost all of them tast better than mead.

The more you know!
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought