Losing Weight, Staying fit? Of course while drunk!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Losing Weight, Staying fit? Of course while drunk!

Post by Bur »

Lahey got a point, dropping down from 260 by not eating so much doesn't really work. Unless you want to lose all muscle left to your body. Unless one is like 2+metres long.

GSG
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by GSG »

At your weight I wouldn't recommend anything too high impact, so steer clear of running for the time being. Walk a LOT and swim until you're lighter and then you can up the impact without damaging your joints. Sure lots of heavier people can and do run without any ill effect, but I've also known a lot of people who are 200lbs+ start jogging and fuck themselves up big time. Get yourself a pedometer and try to walk at 18,000 steps a day. If walking is boring, join Audible and have a story read to you while you do it.
"Spiny norman wins on the bizzare terror stakes, if you haven't been stared at by a 40-foot hedgehog, you haven't lived." - Saltandgin

"Every time you don't get loaded, the terrorists win." - massivedrunk

WWDJFD?

rc483
Souse
Souse

Post by rc483 »

Great Ideas all, I am going to start walking, I do lose weight fairly quickly and in the past I have been very active, I used to play basketball 3-4 times a week, So I need to get back into that pattern. I am even thinking of cutting back just a bit on booze nothing major and just drinking a lot of water during the day, no soft drinks etc.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Eat nothing but Cream of Tomato soup made with musk ox milk.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Impish Boozehound
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: On your left shoulder, choking the life out of the teetotaler on your right, with his own halo.

Post by Impish Boozehound »

Diet is really what going to dictate how easily you can get the weight off and keep it off. What you put in and through your body will really dictate things long term.

Things to put in the diet:
-High Protein (chicken, beef, salmon, eggs, deer, those shake powders)
-Fuckload of green leafy things called vegetables (bok choi, spinach, lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, things like that)
-Metric ton of fiber-licious fruits (apples, pears, nectarines, seriously these things make HUGE difference)
-"Clean fats" (peanuts, avacados, butter . . . .YES FUCKING BUTTER! Butter is fucking awesome for you!)
-Wine
-Darker beers . .. . . . . in fact drop any beer you can shine a light through.
-Gin, Whiskey, Vokdka (skip the rum)

Things to keep out of the diet:

-candy, sugar and hidden sugars (white bread, extra sugar in the coffee, 99% of all fast food menus)
-cola and such things IN the drinks (seriously, learn to love it neat)
-"too much" carb heavy foods (have some bread, have some rice, eat some pasta . . . but for fuck sakes don't live on instant ramen, carbs should be a minority number in your total consumption . . . .. gotta leave room for the booze carbs right?)
-anything thats comes out of a box, or comes in a microwaveable dish

Speaking of putting things through the body . . . . . . .. Exercise. Gotta do it. DAILY.
Get at least an hour of something in a day. Swimming, jogging, free weights, boxing, whatever. but keep it consistent.

And get a friend to do it with too. In fact get a few friends. This helps keep everyone motivated and on track, 'cause its hard not to start slipping and skipping workouts, runs, bar tabs whatever.

I knocked off 40lbs of flab in the last 12 months while getting right rigiously pissed drunk damned near every night of the week, had to bust my ass hard to do it though.

PM me I can give you a couple of specific pointers.
"a wise man drinks with the devil to keep the bastard in line, a fool tries to drink the devil away."

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

I got my spectacular body by really not giving a shit. We all gotta die of something, and really, no one has ever been on their deathbed saying, "i wish I'd spent more time at the gym."

The same could be said of work.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

stop drinking soda pop. and damn, Gin, that girl is pretty. if I were a lez, oh yeah, i'd be her stalker. i used to commit the ultimate sin of mixing bourbon with coke. shame, blush, shame. had high blood pressure and high blood sugar. quit that shit and now have low both. and am enjoying my booze so much more. I've lost so much flab, (and, like, fifty or more pounds) and am nearly as muscular as i was in high school. i'm a granny, but I'm way healthier than I was ten years ago.Too bad the old man can't keep up with me. But he's pretty cute for an oldster.
like tears in rain

Bur

Post by Bur »

Come think of it I've always been around 66-71kg area depending on how actively I train, so maybe I am not to be trusted when it comes to issues of cutting weight(other than water weight). My current diet is also probably as healthy as getting kicked to balls several times a day. Though I do have natural preference to eating metric ton of fruits and vegs and high protein stuff over sugary fings. On the other hand doesn't watching Doctors and Dr. Phil make you pretty much qualified to give life instruction of all sorts and to everyone?

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

A) The original poster never specifies what unit of measure of which that they are up to 260. Kilos? Stones? Cubits? AU's?

II] You know one sure fire way to lose some weight? Go to some unfortunate place, like Haiti, Indiana, or Cheryobl and take a big, long drink of local water.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Fiber? Be sure you are regular. Drink a V8. Have a cigarette. Drink some coffee. Eat fruits and vegetables.
Then down a bottle of whiskey and shit yourself in your sleep.
Other than that take B-complex vitamins and Omega fish oils and rock out with your shitty cock out.

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

Exercise is actually a totally bullshit way to lose weight. I highly recommend taking one of my patented two week cures of no booze, no fast foods, no fruit juices, and plenty multi-vitamins washed down with plenty of highly-caffeinated drinks (Coca-Cola, Red Bull, Lo-Carb Monster, etc.)
I used to bike and swim laps regularly but it wasn't until I crashed my bike (you should've seen it...I actually flew over the handlebars and came to a stop on my face) that I slowed things down. Now I just hobble around, eat two square meals a day, and get my daily buzz from energy drinks and aspirin.
Dropped 15 lbs. already! Starting tonight, I've reintroduced healthy, pure 180 proof whiskey to my diet. It's going gangbusters so far!

Impish Boozehound
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: On your left shoulder, choking the life out of the teetotaler on your right, with his own halo.

Post by Impish Boozehound »

Aloysius82 wrote:Exercise is actually a totally bullshit way to lose weight. I highly recommend taking one of my patented two week cures of no booze ,no fast foods, no fruit juices, and plenty multi-vitamins washed down with plenty of highly-caffeinated drinks (Coca-Cola, Red Bull, Lo-Carb Monster, etc.)
I used to bike and swim laps regularly but it wasn't until I crashed my bike (you should've seen it...I actually flew over the handlebars and came to a stop on my face) that I slowed things down. Now I just hobble around, eat two square meals a day, and get my daily buzz from energy drinks and aspirin.
Dropped 15 lbs. already! Starting tonight, I've reintroduced healthy, pure 180 proof whiskey to my diet. It's going gangbusters so far!
Blasphemy! Treason! Shinanigans!

Someone fetch me my dry hanging noose and a bottle of wild turkey -post haste-!
"a wise man drinks with the devil to keep the bastard in line, a fool tries to drink the devil away."

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Seriously, V-8 is the best soup base. Make something like a gazpacho, except not chilled, because cold soup is just gross, man. And don't drink soda pop, because it is just blubber in a can. Also, if you live in the USA, go to Walmart often, and observe. Checking out a few of those hogs on their scooters or the bims in their stretchy shorts will put you off your feed for years.
like tears in rain

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

Impish Boozehound wrote:
Aloysius82 wrote:Exercise is actually a totally bullshit way to lose weight. I highly recommend taking one of my patented two week cures of no booze ,no fast foods, no fruit juices, and plenty multi-vitamins washed down with plenty of highly-caffeinated drinks (Coca-Cola, Red Bull, Lo-Carb Monster, etc.)
Blasphemy! Treason! Shinanigans!

Someone fetch me my dry hanging noose and a bottle of wild turkey -post haste-!
Heh, I knew this would be a controversial stance to take on this board. But I stand by it. Like some great poet once said, "Deprive yourself of what you love most for, like, a week or two; and when you return to it your love will blossom anew." A poet probably didn't say that, actually, cuz I really fucking hate poetry and avoid that shit like a plague. But the sentiment is pretty solid. After two weeks of being undrunk, I dipped my beak in a jar of good old porch-bought shine last night (180 proof, if you please, which is good enough to blast a rocket into space) and after that first pull, I let out the most satisfied belch I've ever produced. Then I got shit-faced. And since I had been shoring up my body with vitamins and soda for the past couple o' weeks, guess what? No hangover! My breakfast: two double cheeseburgers, large fries with extra salt, and a chocolate milkshake.

elcajon64
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by elcajon64 »

I've lost 20 pounds (270 to 250) since January by going on the protein shakes for breakfast. I steer clear of shitty fast food and soda. I have yet to stop boozing or begin exercising. I'm not sure what the next step is.
"Too much is never enough, and enough is just too much."