Stroh/Stroh's

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Fast Cast
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Stroh/Stroh's

Post by Fast Cast »

Smatter Noguts wrote:In the great 70's regional beer days I know a guy who would bootleg Coors east and Stroh's west.
Made in Detroit, had a nice Cascade hop twang and was fuller than a pilsner aught to be but was the standard around here. Molson took a huge bite out of thier ass, then the Miller/Bud apocolypse occured, and we all lived underground until the Great Ale Microbeer Revolution occured and now we're all as happy as pigeons in a pond.
Stroh's was a great American brewery that saw it's fortune squandered by a horrific expansion business plan as well as later-generation silver-spoon family misfits:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/how-to-lo ... 13101.html

Stroh's will be forever endeared to me as the inventor of the 30pk. Right after the "suitcase" came out, a 24 can case of beer with a carrying handle, they upped the ante to a box of beer containing 30 cans for the price of 24. Absolute brilliance as far as myself and my high school colleagues were concerned.
I just wish there were some actual drunkards around here who can handle themselves like adults while still acting like retards - liquor&poker

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Stroh/Stroh's

Post by oettinger »

We are talking stroh here people, do I have to send out a bottle to each one of you?
Oh and meet it`s little sister old excellenz:
You can even drink that stuff neat straight from the bottle. Still got an empty one sitting on the freezer just because it looks so cool and attracts females.
Sadly it`s only a seasonal thing, last time I tried to grab me some they were run out

Edit, while we are at it https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strohrum# ... _80_60.jpg
Some of you need to take that little 80 vol son of a bitch while a few select brave of us will attack the mothership at 60 ahead
Drink!