Goddamn Bakersfield...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Goddamn Bakersfield...

Post by Lush City »

Barca wrote:I hope this ends with some Dwight Yoakam/ Buck Owens.
Yes, this is where it started.
Hey you don't know me but you don't like me
You say you care less how I feel
But how many of you that sit and judge me
Have ever walked the streets of Bakersfield

http://youtu.be/t5P6zdlPJ34
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

my father in law is not at all well right now. we will go see him tomorrow.
like tears in rain

Judge

Post by Judge »

Oggar wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5P6zdlPJ34

Sorry to hear you're at a funeral, but roach motels always make for better stories.
Brother you don't know the half of it. It's a 5 hour drive back from there to here at home. It took 9. I'm now at home, I don't have my truck (it's 3 hours back with a blown spark plug/coil issue). Crystal doesn't have her purse, ID, phone, etc..There was an incident involving me, the police, some young punks at the bar, threats of violence by me on some unsuspecting kid, blackouts, credit card foo, sitting in the median on I-5 for 2 plus hours, multiple CHP interactions, a corrupt tow truck driver, roaches in the hotel, multiple shots of Beam, chasing Crystal around the hotel, filing a missing persons report on her, the hunt for booze shops, making toasts at the wake, telling stories at the funeral that made the pastor uncomfortable, making fun of the two fat chicks with their skinny friend with Hatchetface's face leaving the bar at midnight ( I suggested that they go back in for till closing-they might have better luck-Ruiner said I'd not post that but I just did) making fun of the two dudes puking in the bushes then trying to decide if they should drive home, Crystal getting lost in a Steakhouse-she couldn't find the bar where we were eating for about 20 minutes.

Yes, it was a weekend that capped a really shitty week. And it's only Saturday.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Well, we woke up today, to find that Pappa died at two in the morning. Grumpy is very upset. He is falling apart in a way that I never did when Mom died in December. I feel so helpless. I don't know how to make him feel better. Please give good thoughts for my dear old fellow. I did remind him that at last his Dad and Mom are reunited in heaven, but that just made him cry. He is downstairs now in his recliner, and

at least I got to be there when the Hospice people carried Mom away. Tom does not deserve this kind of suffering.
like tears in rain

steved2112
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by steved2112 »

Savage wrote:Please give good thoughts for my dear old fellow.
Be assured that we will, dear lady Savage.
I feel like I;' Typing down hill.
-F. Sott Blitzedgerald

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

hang in there, there's really nothing you can do or say, just keep plodding on and make sure neither of you hide from your memories or feelings and someday you'll feel better but there is no quick way o it
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Barca wrote:I hope this ends with some Dwight Yoakam/ Buck Owens.
Here's some Dwight...with myself on piano (@1984).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPRc5u1Em9g
Last edited by peetie44 on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Savage wrote:Well, we woke up today, to find that Pappa died at two in the morning. Grumpy is very upset. He is falling apart in a way that I never did when Mom died in December. I feel so helpless. I don't know how to make him feel better. Please give good thoughts for my dear old fellow. I did remind him that at last his Dad and Mom are reunited in heaven, but that just made him cry. He is downstairs now in his recliner, and

at least I got to be there when the Hospice people carried Mom away. Tom does not deserve this kind of suffering.
My condolences, and rest assured that I am thinking of you and Grumpy today. I hope his sorrow will soon subside.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Savage wrote:Well, we woke up today, to find that Pappa died at two in the morning. Grumpy is very upset. He is falling apart in a way that I never did when Mom died in December. I feel so helpless. I don't know how to make him feel better. Please give good thoughts for my dear old fellow. I did remind him that at last his Dad and Mom are reunited in heaven, but that just made him cry. He is downstairs now in his recliner, and

My deepest condolences to your family.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

Condolences to both your families. Goddamn Bakersfield indeed.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Judge

Post by Judge »

This indeed has been a terrible week (Founder's night excepted). Tell that old man of yours I'm very sorry. Sons love their dads more than we'd ever really let on.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.