colcannon

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

treetop
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: colcannon

Post by treetop »

Bluto wrote:Colcannon was a staple in my house until recently (heart attack has me on a restricted diet; butter, cream and kale don't fit in). Even the pickiest of eaters enjoy it.
For years, my uncle would bring a similar dish to thanksgiving. It was made with lots of spinach, instead of cabbage or kale, and was topped with cheddar cheese.
Damn, now I'm hungry.
kale is healthy like a mofo. all them dark greens will keep you alive forever. the salt, butter and heavy cream, on the other hand, will kill you as soon as look at you. but then, who the heck wants to eat plain kale?
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: colcannon

Post by Bluto »

treetop becdecorbin wrote: kale is healthy like a mofo. all them dark greens will keep you alive forever. the salt, butter and heavy cream, on the other hand, will kill you as soon as look at you. but then, who the heck wants to eat plain kale?

Kale is great. I've grown it as well as spinach, and collard and/or mustard greens in my garden for years. I love dark green vegetables. Here's the problem: I'm recovering from a hear attack and am taking a host of blood thinners. Vitamin K makes blood clot very easily. Vegetables with more than 100 mg of vitamin K per serving are considered as having a high content of vitamin K. One 1 cup of cooked kale has approximately 1100 mg of vitamin K. Reducing the amount of otherwise healthy vegetables that I eat is proving to be difficult.

-Bluto
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595