New to The Board? Then introduce yourself here...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Palinka (RIP)

Re: I'd like to introduce myself

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Smatter Noguts wrote:...break into Judge's basement and free my Russian brides....
The Russian brides moved out when they found out that they had to share the cellar with ruiner (it's ok, they were in no danger, the Judge chains him up down there (after the neighbourhood got up a petition to stop the Judge chaining him up in the yard) - the Russians just could stand ruiner's all-night howling, ruiner dragging his butt across the rug (when it gets itchy - which is always), eating his own faeces and constantly licking himself...down there...)
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

SuperStar
Booze Head
Booze Head

Re: New to The Board? Then introduce yourself here...

Post by SuperStar »

Hey everyone!

So it's Tuesday morning, i've got two more sleeps until I get paid, and I'm off work all the while.

I can't wait until Thursday I'm going to buy a new pair of trousers, a decent shirt and shoes and then hit the bars!
I'm also going to play some poker at some point and try to find some a decent dance club or something.

So i have two more days left of undrunkenness been like 8 days and although i woke up bright and breezy I sure am missing that happy invincible feeling.

and now I am on Modern Drunkard and can amuse and educate myself with all of the posts that I will find between now and Thursday to keep me sane while I wait for that glorious day to approach which is pay day.

Yes it feels good to be alive - but I have 2 days yet to traverse...

Good to meet you all!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

SuperStar wrote:Hey everyone!...Good to meet you all!
Welcome aboard, SuperStar. I hope that your wait, until you can next purchase a few bottles of good cheer, passes by quickly.

Pleased to meet you, too.

Have fun exploring The Board, post regularly and please make sure to check your PM (Personal Messages) inbox, each time you visit.

Post Drunk, Post Often, Post Drunk Often.

Here's to you getting your paycheck and grabbing some hooch (or finding a forgotten banknote in the pocket of an item of clothing that you haven't worn for a while).

Cheers!
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

Hi, my name's ***** & I'm an alcoholic - & I'm comfortable with that.

Now, I understand that it's customary for the new guy to buy everyone a imaginary internet drink. Go on, have one on me. But, you don't wanna have what I'm having - because I'm having... nothing. That's right, I'm going through an undrunk period right now, following the birth of my second son. It's a personal decision (& a temporary one) & not one that I regret. So what am I doing here? Well, partly I'm here because I support your lifestyle choice, but mostly I'm here because I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT BOOZE! Every night as I drift undrunkedly off to sleep I comfort myself with musings on what I will drink in the near future when I allow myself to indulge once more in this noble pursuit. Although I'm usually a beer drinker, I've found myself becoming obsessed with whiskey lately. I've even gone out & bought myself a Classic Malts selection box with little 200ml bottles of Talisker, Cragganmore & Lagavulin to reward myself for having passed the halfway point of my enforced undrunkenness. I've been on the wagon for just over three months now & I've got nearly two to go before I dive right back off again. I was going to do six months, but I cheated a few times in the first month while my wife was in hospital, & then I realised that the Lismore Cup is on the 25th of September, so it's not even going to be five months. I've lived here in Lismore for five years now & I've never been, so it seems opportune to end my drought by participating in Lismore's very own festival in celebration of getting hammered (& horse racing).

Anyway, nice to meet you all. Enjoys your drinks. I'll be joining you in the not too distant future.
Last edited by Casual Binger on Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Welcome Casual Binger.
Congrats on the birth of your son.
My sabbatical is 45 minutes now since I rolled out of bed and I`m hearing voices already. I hope you`ll enjoy drink again soon and will be back with a vengeance!
Drink!

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

oettinger wrote:Welcome Casual Binger.
Congrats on the birth of your son.
My sabbatical is 45 minutes now since I rolled out of bed and I`m hearing voices already. I hope you`ll enjoy drink again soon and will be back with a vengeance!
Cheers, man. To be honest, any drinking with a vengeance will be limited to when I'm travelling solo for the foreseeable future. That's ok though, so long as I grasp each opportunity as it comes. We'll be in Japan for four weeks in oct-nov visiting the in-laws & I'll be travelling alone on a rail pass for a week during that time. As Japanese blended whiskey is cheap & their beer delicious this will be an excellent time to treat myself to a few pre-breakfast pick-me-ups.

Is Oettinger your favourite beer? I've never tried it. In Oz it seems to be the second cheapest beer you can buy after Hollandia. I've tried the third cheapest, Orangeboom, many times & always enjoyed it.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Casual Binger wrote:Hi, my name's Tim & I'm an alcoholic - & I'm comfortable with that.

Now, I understand that it's customary for the new guy to buy everyone a imaginary internet drink. Go on, have one on me. But, you don't wanna have what I'm having - because I'm having... nothing. That's right, I'm going through an undrunk period right now, following the birth of my second son. It's a personal decision (& a temporary one) & not one that I regret. So what am I doing here? Well, partly I'm here because I support your lifestyle choice, but mostly I'm here because I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT BOOZE! Every night as I drift undrunkedly off to sleep I comfort myself with musings on what I will drink in the near future when I allow myself to indulge once more in this noble pursuit. Although I'm usually a beer drinker, I've found myself becoming obsessed with whiskey lately. I've even gone out & bought myself a Classic Malts selection box with little 200ml bottles of Talisker, Cragganmore & Lagavulin to reward myself for having passed the halfway point of my enforced undrunkenness. I've been on the wagon for just over three months now & I've got nearly two to go before I dive right back off again. I was going to do six months, but I cheated a few times in the first month while my wife was in hospital, & then I realised that the Lismore Cup is on the 25th of September, so it's not even going to be five months. I've lived here in Lismore for five years now & I've never been, so it seems opportune to end my drought by participating in Lismore's very own festival in celebration of getting hammered (& horse racing).

Anyway, nice to meet you all. Enjoys your drinks. I'll be joining you in the not too distant future.
Welcome to MDM, CB!
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

Cheers

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Casual Binger wrote:Anyway, nice to meet you all. Enjoys your drinks. I'll be joining you in the not too distant future.
Welcome, CB. Nice to hear your story. Booze will be here when you get back. We try to drink it all, but they just keep makin' more.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

booznik wrote:Booze will be here when you get back.
That's what I'm counting on.

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

Welcome aboard, CB. Looking forward to seeing your drunken mug more often in the coming months.
Congratulations on the birth of your second child. That's just plain awesome. I'll raise a toast to his health.

cheers

-Bluto
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

Bluto wrote:Welcome aboard, CB. Looking forward to seeing your drunken mug more often in the coming months.
Congratulations on the birth of your second child. That's just plain awesome. I'll raise a toast to his health.

cheers

-Bluto
Thanks mate. Only a little under six weeks to go until I can post drunk.

I got a PM from Palinka when I signed up inviting me to explain my user name and opine on my favourite cocktails. Also to visit the parent site and maybe subscribe to the magazine/purchase some merch. I figure this was just a standard blurb, but what the hey? I already subscribed, and ordered a hip flask.

My name is fairly self-explanatory. I like binge-drinking. It's the only kind that really hits the spot for me. Sure, having just a couple of drinks at a work lunch, or at a fancy restaurant that you have to drive to, has it's place. But me? I like getting hammered. The casual part is all the time I can spare these days. The responsibilities of fatherhood, coupled with the fact that I have to drive to work mean that my drinking will limited to weekends & holidays for the next few years. I know it flies in the face of the ethos of this publication, but I'm lucky enough to have a job where I get a lot of leave. I work a nine-day fortnight, get four weeks per year annual leave, plus long service leave which I can (& always do) take at half pay to make it last twice as long. Factor in regular long holiday weekends & the fact that the office closes over Xmas & NY & I'm not left working many five day weeks.

Favourite cocktails? Well, I understand some purists don't view highballs as cocktails, so that rules out Bloody Mary's, Screwdrivers & Moscow Mules - so I guess I'd have to go with a Margarita. And a shot & a beer. That's a cocktail.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Six weeks and counting
Hammered, that`s right. If you go for it, really go for it! See the art of getting hammered section
Hey don`t worry some over here are human aswell.
As long as you dropped a smoking cigarette in your beer I consider that a well done cocktail! Your list has merit in my book.

Intros only here please I guess, I`m outta this thread now and welcome all you new members
Drink!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

i got a message from the Palinks. I didn't know that one should sign up on the internet. Hey, it was 2003. i had no flying idea how this internet thing worked.
like tears in rain

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Why, thank you!

I must admit, it's simply an avatar from the web, And while I do enjoy leaning backwards over instruments, it's only with me own Lady.

But cheers! to your continued involvement with this crew of salty Dreunkards and Dreunk Mistresses.

DREUINK!