Best Music to Booze to

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

goofydoofus
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by goofydoofus »

GUNS N' ROSES "im a cold heart breaker fit to burn and ill rip your heart in two and ill leave you lying on the bed WITH YOUR ASS IN THE AIR!" - you could be mine i simply love gn'r

also worth noting:
the doors
judas priest
mamas and the papas
ac/dc
. i dont feel like sitting here for a few days typeing hundrads of band names. but going to a blues/jazz/blue grass bar is always entertaining
i work on a tug boat, though its not this exact one. garr!
I'm just an alliterating agnostic apathetic awesomely alcoholic arrogant awe-inspiring asshole. You have been warned.

devo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by devo »

ya . saw pogues on s.t pats lasr year. shane was about. twentyfuclingfive to one my gambling daus are done i ber on a bottleof smokr and my hourse wom. dono whose plauing this year, prob 47. least those guy drink with yuo.
"that's really a fine thing, when a man of god begins hanging around a place like this with a bunch of dirty drunks and gamblers. if he wasn't a chaplain," general dreedle muttered, "i'd have him taken outside and shot."

meanjoefan
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

a few...

Post by meanjoefan »

Occasionally when I'm drinking, I'll indulge a "pissed off at the whole fucking world" mood. Nothing fits better for me than the Who's "Quadrophenia," esp "The Punk and the Godfather." (By far the best band of the late 60's/early 70's--far better than the overrated Beatles).

Johnny Cash is good all-around drinking music anyday.

Blues-rock is good too. The blues helps build the emotion while the rock energy prevents things from becoming Maudlin. "Exile on Main St" is excellent, and (as you might have guessed from my signature) the Crowes ain't bad, either (though I might be the only guy to get tanked, not baked, listeneing to them). Their first is good, the second, "Southern Harmony and Musical Companion," is their high water mark, however.
(Avoid their fourth "Three Snakes and One Charm," at all costs).
I lost 10 quick pounds on the "bologna and applesauce" diet!
Ask how you can too!

meanjoefan
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by meanjoefan »

SLIGHT hijack (don't answer if you'd rather not)

What's the best years for rock-n-roll music? Whatever you think is okay, but I feel the need to lash out at some eletist rock critic (in Newsweek, mind you, not a real music mag) who claimed the 60's had it all over the 70's--as eveidence, he cited that Fleetwood Mac was a second-rate blues group in the 60's, yet was top billing in the 70's.

Bullshit! Evidence:

1. Layla (1970)
2. Exile on Main St (1972-ish)
3. Quadrophenia (1973-ish)
4. Dark Side of the Moon (1973)

Sorry, 60's diehards, but early 70's was the high-water mark (granted the late 70's were somewhat of a letdown).
I lost 10 quick pounds on the "bologna and applesauce" diet!
Ask how you can too!

scooter1979
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by scooter1979 »

Floyd's Piper At The Gates Of Dawn is one of my faves to really start drinking to.

I've found that, about midpoint of a bender, when I'm feelin' good and emo, Elliot Smith is perfect to dilute the Beam Black with. Bright Eyes works as well, maybe a little Belle & Sebastian.

I like to end my benders with either something to pop around to (Rancid, Social D, I'll agree with someone's suggestion of Horton Heat) or shit that finally brings out all of the hate, rage, and putrid pollution that I'd been nursing for how many days (Tool, old Metallica, and I'll agree again with a mention of Ministry).
The 2 greatest english words: "Spill Tab."

If you're not on somebody's shitlist, you're not doing anything worthwhile.

DrunkAgain
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by DrunkAgain »

Yea, I'm late on this post...SO WHAT?

Best Drinkin' Music is the BLUES. No QUESTION. Don't Believe it? Check Out...

Albert Collins - I'm Not Dunk, I'm Just Drinkin'
Charlie Musselwhite - My Buddy, Buddy Friends
Muddy Waters - Champagne & Reefer
The Red Devils - Devils Daughter (Wine Like Water)

oh yea and...
Paul Butterfield Blues Band - Drunk Again
Bourbon is like a sweater you wear on the inside.
~unknown MDM'er

Everyone needs a bit o' ass love.
~Liz (RIP)