The good thing about being a christian..

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

cornbread714
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: The good thing about being a christian..

Post by cornbread714 »

peetie44 wrote:The BEST thing about it all...
That's way outta line peetie, but ok, pretty funny
Live like a pig, die like a dog

"Everyone sleeps before I do. Sometimes I do not know what to do with myself; then the trouble begins."
-Savage

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Gin McGuinness »

El Booze, I've always found you to be a lovely fella. I have no words of comfort other than to remind you that we're here for you when you need us. Take care of yourself - despite the yuck you're feeling. There are folks that care about you, regardless if you've met them or not. In all my years on this floating rock, I've constantly found something to laugh at... laughter is the best medicine for all aliments even in the harshiest times. Be well friend.

And Peetie.... that was sincerely the funniest thing I've seen in a while.
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

Bluespook
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Bluespook »

You better listen to Gin, El Booze. She's pre med.
Beer's just being social. Whiskey's drinkin'.

Illiniwek
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Illiniwek »

I thought she was pre-law?

Chris87
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Chris87 »

I used to think like that. I developed religion as an interest and I was a pretty intense Christian until I read a lot of books. I'm not saying I'm enlightened or anything but after some thinking and much agony and self conflict, I dropped faith. Now I don't kill myself for some other excuse. Trust me, you want to live. Life is sad and you have to deal with it somehow, tomorrow is the first day of your life.

p.s Your friend might be leaving you because in Buddhism (yoga is based on Buddhism) one is encouraged to rid themselves of all worldly attachment, human relationships included. Attachment = suffering.
Last edited by Chris87 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.
If the storm within gets too loud, I take a glass too much to stun myself
- Van Gogh

ValkyreBrunnhilde
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by ValkyreBrunnhilde »

bluespook wrote:You better listen to Gin, El Booze. She's pre med.
I didn't know Gin was pre med!!!

I could be help in her practice....I'm a nurse...could I at least be your bartender for now?

Martha
Hopping a freight out of Los Angeles at high noon one day in late September 1955 I got on a gondola and lay down with my duffel bag under my head and my knees crossed and contemplated the clouds as we rolled north to Santa Barbara. -- Dharma Bums - Jack Kerouac

cornbread714
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by cornbread714 »

Chris87 wrote: Life is sad and you have to deal with it somehow, tomorrow is the first day of your life.
That's really heavy and original, dude.
BTW, Boozy and peetie are my friends, who the fuck are you?

"Everyone sleeps before I do. Sometimes I do not know what to do with myself; then the trouble begins."
-Savage

Chris87
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Chris87 »

That's really heavy and original, dude.
BTW, Boozy and peetie are my friends, who the fuck are you?
I said nothing about your relationship with them. I am nobody.
Last edited by Chris87 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Van Gogh

Illiniwek

!

Post by Illiniwek »

Chris87 wrote:I used to think like that. I developed religion as an interest and I was a pretty intense Christian until I read a lot of books. I'm not saying I'm enlightened or anything but after some thinking and much agony and self conflict, I dropped faith and adopted reason. Now I don't kill myself for some other excuse. Trust me, you want to live. Life is sad and you have to deal with it somehow, tomorrow is the first day of your life.

Watch:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 5310561251 - Richard Dawkins
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 3903762676 - Sam Harris
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xwzzOTx ... re=related - Daniel Dennett

Read:
The God Delusion - Richard Dawkins
The End of Faith - Sam Harris
God is not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything - Christopher Hitchens
[and this one especially for you] Breaking the Spell: Religion as a Natural Phenomenon - Daniel C. Dennett

I'm not trying to brainwash you or convince you of anything, just friendly advice, take it for what you think its worth.

p.s Your friend might be leaving you because in Buddhism (yoga is based on Buddhism) one is encouraged to rid themselves of all worldly attachment, human relationships included. Attachment = suffering.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Criticizing religion is NOT out of line. You're intellectually out of line for judging that as out of line.
He announces in the title to his thread that his faith is what makes him NOT want to kill himself, and you suggest a reading list that would lead him to QUESTION his faith?

No matter what your belief is, this is an ABSOLUTE DICK MOVE!

Cock.

Chris87
Booze Head
Booze Head

Re: !

Post by Chris87 »

He announces in the title to his thread that his faith is what makes him NOT want to kill himself, and you suggest a reading list that would lead him to QUESTION his faith?

Cock.
You're right, there is no point in saying that in this situation and will only spark a fight or get ignored. I'll take it down, I have too much time on my hands.
- Van Gogh

cornbread714
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by cornbread714 »

Chris87 wrote:

Cock.
You're right, there is no point in saying that in this situation and will only spark a fight or get ignored. I'll take it down, I have too much time on my hands.
Fair enough, but you don't have to take it down, nobody's trying to censor you. Just get used to strong opinions

-Savage

felinamojokitty
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by felinamojokitty »

cornbread714 wrote:
you know what..that joke in the light of this nice mans sorrow is FUCKED for a cheap joke politics and religion....i don't give a fuck for or about who laughed or thought it silently was funny..

or who wants to get along to go along..for the joke..there is nothing political about this fine mans predicament at this time..

this man is in turmoil over his love lost and you fuckers post a jab on christinanity and politics for a joke? at his painful expence??
and agree on it? just because it is 'cool'

tonight i am disgusted for the universal cheap thrill.. what a sad day for el boozificator..

i don't give a shit about what anyone thinks about me but this man is going through personal hell and opened himself up to you all..

and it turns into this?
Last edited by felinamojokitty on Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

cornbread714 wrote:
Chris87 wrote:

Cock.
Fair enough, but you don't have to take it down, nobody's trying to censor you. Just get used to strong opinions
...and strong smells of Drunkarness......

Look, I agree that sometimes ya got to throw a turd at a tourist, but I am only a monkey with a drinking problem.

But.....

Keep Religon out of Politics.

Just a Dude that dont buy the God thing.
\

felinamojokitty
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by felinamojokitty »

felinamojokitty wrote:
cornbread714 wrote:
you know what..that joke in the light of this nice mans sorrow is FUCKED for a cheap joke....i don't give a fuck for or about who laughed or thought it silently was funny..

or who wants to get along to go along..for the joke..there is nothing political about this fine mans predicament at this time..

this man is in turmoil over his love lost and you fuckers post a jab on christinanity and politics for a joke? at his painful expence??
and agree on it? just because it is 'cool'

tonight i am disgusted for the universal cheap thrill.. what a sad day for el boozificator..

i don't give a shit about what anyone thinks about me but this man is going through personal hell and opened himself up to you all..

and it turns into this?
Last edited by felinamojokitty on Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bluespook
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Bluespook »

Fuck this religion and politics stuff. Booze is having a tough time and needs to know that we are pulling for him. that's how i see it. And booze, i'm still with you buddy and i take this crap seriously after what happened with my brother and my best friend a few weeks ago. Fuck this all, i'm drinking for you El booze, here's to you buddy! And one more thing, for a frenchman, you're cool in my book. You get to the states, you can crash with me anytime.
Beer's just being social. Whiskey's drinkin'.