Corona in bottle. or a can?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Corona in a Bottle, or a can?

Bottle
57%
Can
43%

Total votes: 14

sloweducation
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Re: Corona in bottle. or a can?

Post by sloweducation »

woah, maybe if it is 90F and i have been pulling weeds all day in this shit hole, i would take the 24 oz bottle, followed by whiskey or brandy until i fall asleep.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

The way I figure it, if the beer isn't going to taste good, it better be potent.

I don't know if Corona has either going for it. I'd drink it if it was free.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

PFrank

Post by PFrank »

What frankennietzsche said.

slipperyyoke
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by slipperyyoke »

If we're talking Mexican/Caribbean Lagers, I'll take Negra Modelo or some Presidente over Corona any day.
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Judge wrote: There's a reason for the lime...its shitty beer and needs the help.
yep. also, keeps the flies out.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Wingman wrote:
Judge wrote: There's a reason for the lime...its shitty beer and needs the help.
yep. also, keeps the flies out.
I sometimes wonder if we're not responsible for letting them selling that crap (any kind of bad beer), I mean, a kick in the face before pissing on the broken teeth costs nothing.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Mr Boozificator wrote: I sometimes wonder if we're not responsible for letting them selling that crap (any kind of bad beer), I mean, a kick in the face before pissing on the broken teeth costs nothing.
i for one don't feel morally obligated to stop people selling shitty beer. all we can do is set a good example, i always say.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Wingman wrote:
Mr Boozificator wrote: I sometimes wonder if we're not responsible for letting them selling that crap (any kind of bad beer), I mean, a kick in the face before pissing on the broken teeth costs nothing.
i for one don't feel morally obligated to stop people selling shitty beer. all we can do is set a good example, i always say.
But still, some of those beers contain close to no alcohol and have no taste at all. Must we allow them to name that beer?
Those big existential questions are a torture before the tenth glass of the day.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

When I was a teenager, I used to drink Corona with lime and salt on the outside. Finally it donned on me- if I need to completely mask the taste of the swill, I should just change the beer for something better.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Crystal wrote:When I was a teenager, I used to drink Corona with lime and salt on the outside. Finally it donned on me- if I need to completely mask the taste of the swill, I should just change the beer for something better.
"Let me ask you one question: Can I come over?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sHifWVu ... re=related
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Getting ready to crack open a bottle of (Belgian brewed) asparagus beer (5.6% abv).

Stay tuned...
Last edited by peetie44 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

peetie44 wrote:Getting ready to crack open a bottle of Asparagus beer (??)

Stay tuned...
I would like to know all the details about that.
I would also like to see you playing live, but that's an other story.

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

I refuse to vote on the condition that it may implicate me as a fan of Corona or its distribution centers in any way.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Mr Boozificator wrote:
peetie44 wrote:Getting ready to crack open a bottle of Asparagus beer (??)

Stay tuned...
I would like to know all the details about that.
I would also like to see you playing live, but that's an other story.
While I have not the current capacity to read and translate the nearly microscopic, Vlaamisch printing on the label of this 50cl bottle, there is said to be coriander also involved.

Taste-wise, it's a somewhat darker (both in color and taste) version of a classic Flemish witbier (white beer). The overall balance seems perfect and you can easily pick out the subtle taste of the white asparagus used in this brew.

"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

binary
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by binary »

Crystal wrote:I refuse to vote on the condition that it may implicate me as a fan of Corona or its distribution centers in any way.
Seconded.