USA HBE

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: USA HBE

Post by Bluto »

Seven days later I see my message to Willies is still stuck in my outbox. If The Mods can get that out Id appreciate it greatly.
If that fails, hit up Patchez for details. He knows how to find me.

cheers,

-Bluto
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Ok So this is back on right? Maybe an Easter thing?
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Yes indeed. Palinka would insist, isn't that correct?

The people who have joined are these (in order)

The Bronx Broad

Patchez

Bluto

Bubblez

Surreal

Mr. and Mrs. Goose (a single entity, according to marriage laws of these here United States)

willies

Now, as promised, the pairings were drawn out of the almighty MDM fez.

You will receive a PM with a name and address right now, for the person you will share your local taste, or your favorite, or perhaps some Malort...

Also,

You will not know who will send you something, someday

This is going to be some fun!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

We are all set now. Thank you for contributing to this mighty MDM Ritual, and as always, high props to the person who had the foresight and dedication to our art in creating this fine site for our enjoyment.

FKR

In-fucking-deed.

Mabuhay, Kippis, Santé, Salud, Prosit, Å’kålè ma’luna, L’chaim, Egészségedre / Fenékig, Skál, Sláinte, Salute, Cin cin, 乾杯 , Kanpai, 건배 , Priekā į sveikatą , Na zdrowie Naz-droh-vee-ay , Saúde , Noroc , Будем здоровы , Na zdravie , Şerefe , будьмо , Dô /
Vô / Một hai ba, yo (one, two, three, yo) ,

Iechyd da Yeh-chid dah

DRINK!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

We Modern Drunkards do not hold each other to rigid schedules, nor to formal deadlines. That is not the reason we participate in this here forum (adjunct to the mighty Modern Drunkard Magazine).

No, we come here to share our exploits, our finds, and our enjoyment of the curious and marvelous elixir of life, in all its shapes and forms.

Now, when you do receive your parcel, that is the HBE. It truly is a holiday, unto its own, when you are able to procure free booze, especially when you savor the anticipation of opening something you probably have never tasted before.

Please share with us your report on your enjoyment of what you may find when you get a chance to do so.

Cheers, good people, and happy Drinkday to us all.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Mine should be sent by mid week next week. Still locking down a thought or two.

I received mine on Friday to much delight. The Fifty Stone caught me off guard. It was a young whiskey and smokey as aal get out. Like drinking brimstone. Bacchus help me I do love it so.

Two Allagash beers, both barrel aged one in oak and the other in brandy. Van't wait to open those. Saving those for a bottle share to spread the love.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Patchez wrote:Mine should be sent by mid week next week. Still locking down a thought or two.

In true drunkard fasion I sent it yesterday, a mere six days later than i said.

Surreal you goodies should arrive Thursday. PM me if you'd like the tracking #.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Patchez wrote:Fifty Stone caught me off guard. It was a young whiskey and smokey as aal get out. Like drinking brimstone. Bacchus help me I do love it so.
Excellent report, Hirsute One.

Bubblez
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Bubblez »

Finally mine is on it's way too. Should be there in time for St pattys. It is coming Fed ex. So keep an eye out.
What would you rather do—leave a beautiful corpse, or a scorched Earth? Don’t live fast and die young. Live long and die hard.¸

—Sarah Szabo

I'm all for a scorched Earth policy. -- Me

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

Got my booze booty - boozy? - from my Secret Slainte Claus - a bottle of gin... and a chain that arrived in a Cisco box. Yeah, I'm gonna need an explanation for the latter. :-)
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Bubblez wrote:Finally mine is on it's way too. Should be there in time for St pattys. It is coming Fed ex. So keep an eye out.
Hell yes. I wish it was me having some curious and interesting find form the likes of ye, good buddy.

NYDingbat wrote:Got my booze booty - boozy? - from my Secret Slainte Claus - a bottle of gin... and a chain that arrived in a Cisco box. Yeah, I'm gonna need an explanation for the latter. :-)

Do tell? What sort of chain, young Lady? Perhaps it is a puzzle to be sorted, and it sounds like fun to figure this out.

Cheers to each of you participationists.

DRINK!

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

mistah willies wrote:
Bubblez wrote:Finally mine is on it's way too. Should be there in time for St pattys. It is coming Fed ex. So keep an eye out.
Hell yes. I wish it was me having some curious and interesting find form the likes of ye, good buddy.

NYDingbat wrote:Got my booze booty - boozy? - from my Secret Slainte Claus - a bottle of gin... and a chain that arrived in a Cisco box. Yeah, I'm gonna need an explanation for the latter. :-)

Do tell? What sort of chain, young Lady? Perhaps it is a puzzle to be sorted, and it sounds like fun to figure this out.

If I could remember how to post a bloody picture - yeah, I'm a Mod extraordinaire - I'd show ya. Written description wise, it's like a chain you'd hang a basket in your kitchen with - ya know those baskets ya put onions, garlic, tomatoes and other stuff ya don't refrigerate? Why it came in a Cisco box, I've got no bloody idea. Is my boozefactor telling me to lock my laptop away?
DRINK!
- mistah willies

- W.C. Fields

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

NYDingbat wrote:
mistah willies wrote:

If I could remember how to post a bloody picture - yeah, I'm a Mod extraordinaire - I'd show ya. Written description wise, it's like a chain you'd hang a basket in your kitchen with - ya know those baskets ya put onions, garlic, tomatoes and other stuff ya don't refrigerate? Why it came in a Cisco box, I've got no bloody idea. Is my boozefactor telling me to lock my laptop away?
DRINK!
Mother of pearl, who told who to put my reply in that font and color?? Was it my liquid St. Patrick's Day breakfast??
- mistah willies

- W.C. Fields

Bubblez
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Bubblez »

DRINK![/color][/size][/b][/quote][/quote]

Mother of pearl, who told who to put my reply in that font and color?? Was it my liquid St. Patrick's Day breakfast??[/quote]

the chain was merely there to mask any incriminating sloshes. the Cisco box was what I had laying around the office. thistlefinch distillery is local small batch operation in Lancaster PA. I got you the gin as I heard you were partial to that particular clear liquid.
What would you rather do—leave a beautiful corpse, or a scorched Earth? Don’t live fast and die young. Live long and die hard.¸

—Sarah Szabo

Bubblez
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Bubblez »

I just happened to get my gift on my birthday. Surreal... my Bacchus what can I say. Sitting here enjoying a second helping for breakfast. The spiciness and vanilla do come forth and fifth in this. It will be shared with my twin Patchez this weekend as we celebrate our escape from the womb day. We no longer sing Happy Birthday but now sing this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3QO6_rz21k

—Sarah Szabo