What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Surreal »

Shane's Dentist wrote:Bermuda Triangles.

...'cause Elvis needs boats.
Why? Because he is everywhere.
fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

The last of my dark rum.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Succumbed to malt liquor, Cobra in fact. Only because I've never had it before since I'm white. Not as bad as the Hurricane Annhauser-Busch puts out but slightly less potent.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Lush City wrote:...since I'm white...
Since when has skin colour had anything to do with drink preference? The whole point of this board, of Modern Drunkardism, is that it's us v the dries. Embrace your siblings-in-spirits. I have gotten good and drunk with Lords, bishops, hookers, Roman Catholics, Protestants, Serbian and Greek Orthodox, Hindus, Muslims, Pagans, homosexuals, lesbians and everyone inbetween, and I intend to carry on doing so. Even if we disagree on certain points, we can agree on drinking. If I meet someone interesting, especially in a bar, I will drink with them (and will also introduce them to the main site and the board). So long as they aren't immoral, live and let drink.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

slipperyyoke
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by slipperyyoke »

Started off with a little homemade cider then moved on to Heaven Hill's version of SJ (Blackheart Spiced Rum - 93 proof) on the rocks.

Blackheart = Basically tastes like Dr. Pepper with lots of black cherry. A tad bit harsher in the finish than the Sailor. However being 4 bucks cheaper than SJ makes the finish very manageable. Cheers.
The man who intoxicates himself on bad whisky is sometimes moved to kill his wife and set his house on fire, but the victim of applejack is capable of blowing up a whole town with dynamite and of reciting original poetry to every surviving inhabitant.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Palinka wrote: Since when has skin colour had anything to do with drink preference? The whole point of this board, of Modern Drunkardism, is that it's us v the dries. Embrace your siblings-in-spirits. I have gotten good and drunk with Lords, bishops, hookers, Roman Catholics, Protestants, Serbian and Greek Orthodox, Hindus, Muslims, Pagans, homosexuals, lesbians and everyone inbetween, and I intend to carry on doing so. Even if we disagree on certain points, we can agree on drinking. If I meet someone interesting, especially in a bar, I will drink with them (and will also introduce them to the main site and the board). So long as they aren't immoral, live and let drink.
Damn fine words. Boilerplate.

Of course, LC did note that there are groups of folks that seem to gravitate towards particular intoxicants. Me? I gravitate towards "all intoxicants."

My Scottish and Irish half prefer the whiskies and the stouts, and my dark other half prefers the "fire-water."

Ya know.
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Lush City wrote:That's probably an old recipe and hard to find in the US since I've never seen or heard of it. I'll have to order it on the web. Cheers to another gin lover.
I think it's pretty new, which would be why you can't find it. Lot of distilleries are starting to make gin because it can be put on the market immediately. Scotch can't
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Brumont Gros Manseng-Sauvignon, courtesy of Mr. Boozificator. Really starting to grow on me, though I'm not really used to drinking white wine. Cheers
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Jager shots and beer. What could be finer... in so. Cal. they are marketing the 5ths with little wet suits with zippers. So when you pull it out of the ice you can dress the bottle in the wet suit and zip it up for longer lasting cold.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

^ ^ ^

White wine?

and also Jager?

I need to examine a new concotion of these now before I head out to the bonfire at the end of this island I call home.

But you know, in answer to "What are you drinking right now?" the answer is:

Never enough, and probably too much already tonight.

Stories await!
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

tdcwillies wrote:^ ^ ^

White wine?

and also Jager?

I need to examine a new concotion of these now before I head out to the bonfire at the end of this island I call home.

But you know, in answer to "What are you drinking right now?" the answer is:

Never enough, and probably too much already tonight.

Stories await!
Yes, way too much.

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Red Bull. Sitting in the university library with a bunch of Bukowski and Dorothy Parker books, politely waiting for the shops to start selling alcohol again. 49 minutes to go.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

irn bru. I seem to have bought about a gallon of it in the 24 hour shop on the way home last night

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

What a fun couple of nights and a blur of a Saturday. No drinking for me today. Just some lite beer I found in the fridge and jalapeno sausages. Gotta rest the liver.

EuroSlave
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by EuroSlave »

Skulled a bottle of yellow label Wolf Blass sauvignon blanc (australian stuff)

7.1 standard drinks my ass