What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by mistah willies »

Man...

Can't get enough of the Martini.

But, do ya ken, it's a bit of a spilly glass. Always reckymember, spillage is alcohol abuse.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

mistah willies wrote:Man...

Can't get enough of the Martini.

But, do ya ken, it's a bit of a spilly glass. Always reckymember, spillage is alcohol abuse.
Not necessarily. If you read Greek classics like the Iliad, the protagonist warriors would always sit around the night before battle and share wine. They would each at certain times deliberately spill their wine on the ground. It was offered as a 'libation' to the gods for protection. So, you don't have to be at war to spill your drink to offer it up to our gods of drink: Dionysus.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Bought myself a case of beer to kick off the end of the worl... no, werl... no wal... no yes the week.

Have some with me.
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

"hot sauce" courtesy of Oettinger. May his days be unencumbered by tiredness, pain nor grief

Not sure if it's related but my lights cut out when I opened the bottle

oh well, down the hatch.

arg
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Hahahahahaha you asked for it! Remeber? Lets revisit this on the exchange thread shall we?
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

it is quite delicious, if alarming at first. Worrying shade of red? Not entirely sure due to aformentioned lighting issue
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

For all not in the know, Mr.Viking here is sipping on an original stroh80, that I first though had been shipped out to some angry taliban in afghanistan.
Mix it or straight, not half as evil as some liquors half that strong.
Drink!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

oettinger wrote:For all not in the know, Mr.Viking here is sipping on an original stroh80, that I first though had been shipped out to some angry taliban in afghanistan.
Mix it or straight, not half as evil as some liquors half that strong.
How often does this shipping mistake happen at Oettinger, Inc.? And are angry Taliban your best customers?

You can get Stroh 80 here. An faint aura of evil about the bottle has always prevented me from picking one up.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

booznik wrote:You can get Stroh 80 here. An faint aura of evil about the bottle has always prevented me from picking one up.
do it now

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Do it!
Just for the fun of it!
Feel young again!

I sent a pair of victoria secret back catalogues to Islamabad, Pakistan once, that place literally exploded.

Well, maybe not, but I drink beer am drunk and should have a blasting time now!

Prosit, bozznik
Drink!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

oettinger wrote:Do it!
Just for the fun of it!
Feel young again!
Alas, that shop is too far to walk to, and cab money is better spent on booze. The car is off-limits this fine workless afternoon. However, when next shopping, I shall remember that Stroh 80 is apparently Double Drunkard Approved. There are higher honors than that, but none so sideways.

CHEERS.

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Mr. Viking,

As regards this Stroh 80... there is longstanding scientific question (which I just made up). Does the beverage exist where, after you drink it, you are granted the power to light candles just by breathing on them? Melting would be an acceptable result too.

I await your considered opinion on the suitability of your fine Talibanistic beverage for this endeavor.

Personally, still searching for the answer.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

booznik wrote:Mr. Viking,

As regards this Stroh 80... there is longstanding scientific question (which I just made up). Does the beverage exist where, after you drink it, you are granted the power to light candles just by breathing on them? Melting would be an acceptable result too.

I await your considered opinion on the suitability of your fine Talibanistic beverage for this endeavor.

Personally, still searching for the answer.
nope. mouthfull of hot turpentine might melt a candle. probably kill you though

lighter fluid (but you'll need a match and will get a throat infection at least, if not chest infection or death)

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

moved on to my usual and sensible cheap blended scotch whisky

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Mr. Viking wrote:moved on to my usual and sensible cheap blended scotch whisky
Killing off a bottle of scotch here as well. GlenDronach 15yr Revival. Turned out to be exceptionally good. Die, delicious dram.