Your local weather reports

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Your local weather reports

Post by Lush City »

To be totally hated I will describe the weather in SoCal today. It was the world's envy and really felt like California again. We paid our dues with storm after storm flooding any low lying area and it's not done for the season. At the West facing beaches today in L.A. it was a high 78deg air temp with strong sunshine and low humidity. There was a gentle warm breeze from the SW at 12mph without a cloud or chemtrail in the sky it was so blue. This is why people want to come here at any cost and even suck up the bad days to pass Winter or just relocate only to become homeless. The main thing is everyone gets their booze and there are no obstructions.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Lush City wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:13 am
The main thing is everyone gets their booze and there are no obstructions.
Yeah, what is up with some other states? When I was a kid, my little brother and I went to the liquor store in Indiana to buy bubble gum and got cursed out and chased out by the clerk. As an adult, I was shocked to find that one could not buy booze in Massachusetts at the grocery store, and that the liquor stores were closed on Sunday. Good thing we could still buy it on base. Even other stores were restricted in hours, 12-5 for most stores and malls on Sunday.
like tears in rain

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Savage wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:39 am
Lush City wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:13 am
The main thing is everyone gets their booze and there are no obstructions.
Yeah, what is up with some other states? When I was a kid, my little brother and I went to the liquor store in Indiana to buy bubble gum and got cursed out and chased out by the clerk. As an adult, I was shocked to find that one could not buy booze in Massachusetts at the grocery store, and that the liquor stores were closed on Sunday. Good thing we could still buy it on base. Even other stores were restricted in hours, 12-5 for most stores and malls on Sunday.
Wow! You would really have to schedule your drinking and stick to it.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Lush City wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:44 am

I do that as instinct.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:04 am
Lush City wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:44 am

I do that as instinct.
What Thirsty said. I grew up in a very restrictive state. State run liquor stores and only case beer unless you bought it at a bar. Only bars with restaurant/liquor license could sell on Sundays.

It was ingrained in your drunkard core to be ready for the "lean times" come Sunday.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Brother Bluto
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Brother Bluto »

Flood projections have been lowered to be lower than the ‘69 crest, but still higher than most have seen in 50 years.

I’m not as bad off as some of my friends and former neighbors anywhere from 60 - 250 miles south. Still counting my blessings on that.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Brother Bluto wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:33 pm
Flood projections have been lowered to be lower than the ‘69 crest, but still higher than most have seen in 50 years.

I’m not as bad off as some of my friends and former neighbors anywhere from 60 - 250 miles south. Still counting my blessings on that.
It is no joke what is happening. The ice farther North hasn't started thawing yet and there is flooding in the South. It's not looking good. No fear, you will survive.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Spring was kinda here but then winter came back for a few days. Today spring may make a comeback. Only time will tell.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

scream ale wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:17 am
Spring was kinda here but then winter came back for a few days. Today spring may make a comeback. Only time will tell.
Same here, it`s cool/kinda sucks
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

The other week ago it was drizzling rain, hailing, and snowing at the same time. It was like an unfortunate 3-way of the most shattastic weather.
Okole maluna!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:06 pm
The other week ago it was drizzling rain, hailing, and snowing at the same time. It was like an unfortunate 3-way of the most shattastic weather.
That's crazy. You're in the tropics and you won't get ice unless you are on top of the highest volcanoes. This is not natural weather. They are geoengineering the climate.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Lush City wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:19 am
Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:06 pm
That's crazy. You're in the tropics and you won't get ice unless you are on top of the highest volcanoes. This is not natural weather. They are geoengineering the climate.
LOL that would be crazy but I'm not in the tropics anymore. I'm in Germany now :D
Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Cold but not horribly frigid mornings and quite pleasant spring afternoons. I'm thinking either...

A) spring is actually coming
or
B) we have one motherfucker of a winter storm coming up soon

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

scream ale wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:22 pm
Cold but not horribly frigid mornings and quite pleasant spring afternoons. I'm thinking either...

A) spring is actually coming
or
B) we have one motherfucker of a winter storm coming up soon
My thoughts exactly. Ya know, hoping for A usually causes B to happen.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I am now an official old lady. I feel cold, even in a warm house. Cardigans are my friends. Thems, and that nice brand new fox jacket I scored at the antique store that was going out of business. I blame the chemo and radiation crap. My hands are icy. Which is actually nice, for when I'm making pastry things. Anyway, the saying is "cold hands, warm heart." And I am nothing if not warm-hearted. I love you all. Come on over, and have some brownies and booze.

I need a cat.

sorry. random thought. Pandora died, and we haven't had a fur blob since.
like tears in rain