Introduction Thread for New Members!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Hey boozers!

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

WastelessPointOfTime wrote:Why's NYD the first to request a drink? Are we falling apart here? New one buys!...
Well, since this new member has only visited once (one the day s/he joined) and made just 2 posts, it didn't seem worth it. It seems odd that we get so many people who sign-up and make a post or two and then disappear into the ether, never to be seen again; and even more who sign-up and never make a post, at all (it's getting to resemble The House of Lords). In fact, of our newer intake only tdcwillies and dear_booze stand out as really entering into the spirit of The Board, and making interesting and worthwhile contributions. Indeed, a look at the list of new members is rather disheartening.

Therefore, I propose a membership drive. If any current member knows a good drinker who fits the role of a Modern Drunkard, then try and get that person to sign-up (points will be awarded, and may be exchanged for drinks or MDM stuff (subject to the boss's approval) at the next MDM Con.). Now go forth and proselytize, my pretties! <insert mad cackle here>
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: Hey boozers!

Post by NYDingbat »

Palinka wrote:
WastelessPointOfTime wrote:Why's NYD the first to request a drink? Are we falling apart here? New one buys!...
Well, since this new member has only visited once (one the day s/he joined) and made just 2 posts, it didn't seem worth it. It seems odd that we get so many people who sign-up and make a post or two and then disappear into the ether, never to be seen again; and even more who sign-up and never make a post, at all (it's getting to resemble The House of Lords). In fact, of our newer intake only tdcwillies and dear_booze stand out as really entering into the spirit of The Board, and making interesting and worthwhile contributions. Indeed, a look at the list of new members is rather disheartening.

Therefore, I propose a membership drive. If any current member knows a good drinker who fits the role of a Modern Drunkard, then try and get that person to sign-up (points will be awarded, and may be exchanged for drinks or MDM stuff (subject to the boss's approval) at the next MDM Con.). Now go forth and proselytize, my pretties! <insert mad cackle here>
This!
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields