What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Mr. Viking »

booznik wrote:
Mr. Viking wrote:hangman's blood
Awesome. Please file a report on the experience. Before or after table is fine.

Probably going to gather up the missing ingredients this week and try it.
it is thoroughly awful. Prbably because I skimped on ingredients though

no champagne - white wine

no port - red wine

no brandy - calvados

home distilled rum

I think with the proper ingredients it would be a superior beverage
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Mr. Viking wrote:
booznik wrote:
Mr. Viking wrote:hangman's blood
Awesome. Please file a report on the experience. Before or after table is fine.

Probably going to gather up the missing ingredients this week and try it.
it is thoroughly awful. Prbably because I skimped on ingredients though

no champagne - white wine

no port - red wine

no brandy - calvados

home distilled rum

I think with the proper ingredients it would be a superior beverage
Oh yes, that sounds like a substitution disaster. The drink was ruined when you went with non-sparkling wine, for starters.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

booznik wrote:
oettinger wrote:After a sunday leftover snack, headed to the gas station for an afternoon reload.
I keep telling you, you must stop drinking the gasoline for your own good. It's going to harm your health. You'll need a cleansing regimen now. 1L vodak, administered slowly but surely.
With the stuff I am intaking right now (500ml, canned paderborner full force joy) you could rev up your average engine a good 100 horsepowers. Make it 120 with a proper vodka fine-tuning. That would be a full 10 drunkpowers

It made booznik laugh so I`ll share:
When I went to said gas station "The sudden beer removal caused a reverse charge in their fridge system and killed them all, gaqwd i am drunk."
Drink!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Sat May 31, 2014 5:22 pm
To: oettinger
oettinger wrote:The sudden beer removal caused a reverse charge in their fridge system and killed them all, gaqwd i am drunk.
Bahahahaha. Ah well, quickie marts are all the same. They'll just take another one off the shelf, unwrap it, and install it in the same location. They'll be open again soon.

Drunk, you say? This serious condition requires beer to rehydrate your liver!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what am I drinking right now? I'm almost embarrassed to say it, but when I discovered Steel Reserve has actually done an alcopop, I had to try it. "BLK BERRY" it says, and it's 8.0%. Well, so much for the classy Sunday drunk I was planning. With all the sugar, my pancreas may explode before the liver has a chance to. I'll have to balance this out with something else later. Tequila has restorative properties.

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

If you take it down with some self-esteem and can still look in a mirror and smile it has a lot of class. Bukowski style.
Drink!

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

Murphy's,Thwaite's Lancaster Bomber and calvados. In separate glasses
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

^ ^ ^

I could almost fill a glass with the twenty tailings, talking through the phone. That Mr. Viking is a helluva guy, huh?

yessah, yup

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Heffta snapp me some cheap cans and smokks. That bottle was delightfule Viking!
Drink!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

oettinger wrote:Heffta snapp me some cheap cans and smokks. That bottle was delightfule Viking!
DRINK!

You probably see what I did there.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

booznik wrote:
Lush City wrote:Here's a health tip: don't mix dark and clear spirits unless you want to get sick. The clear spirits are not without it's share of fermentation bi products they call cogeners which is what give you hangovers that are basically allergic reactions to these unnatural compounds. Drinking anything less than clear like whiskey, rum or god forbid wine you are more than doubling the amount of cogeners. But who cares when you are rollin' down that highway and don't call me a racist.
There is some evidence that more congeners = worse hangover, but they're far from the main cause. Ethyl is the main cause. I've never had any problem with mixing spirits either. Hell, if you switch from rum to gin, you're getting less congeners total than if you switch to brandy. What it comes down to is how much Ethyl you consume in what space of time, and how much you hydrate during and after.

I never put any stock in the beer before liquor proverb either. It's all about the amount consumed. Personally, I do the beer with the liquor.

That said, everyone has their own set of reactions to things, so cheers. When it comes to what works for you, there is no wrong answer.
Yes, know Ethyl very well. I pump her regularly.

What? I know that look...
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Lush City wrote:Yes, know Ethyl very well. I pump her regularly.

What? I know that look...
Yes... yes you do. Pump on.

DRINK!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

We ran out of bourbon, so Grumpy went to his cave. But I said, Hey! we have things like rum and vodka and fancy liqueurs and I dunno. So I entered the secondary pantry, to get some rum, and woops! Two bottles of bourbon that I forgot about, on account of there was one of those sales at our local grocery, where if you bought three of one, you basically got one free. So... weeeeeeeee
I got rhythm, I got music, I got bourbon, who could ask for anything more?

Life is good.
like tears in rain

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

A wise old man, his name was butthead, once said: Life doesn`t suck that much afterall
G&T and a russian buck (that`s no secret, nods twice) passed out on my couch at noon
Drink!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

booznik wrote:
booznik wrote:Switched from rum to tequila, but it's not fitting the mood. Will have to change gears. The left fork leads to Gin, the right to Brandy. Hmm.
Destination, Brandy. Full speed ahead. Yeah, that was a better choice coming from rum than gin. The transition is smooth and gentle.

Last night, I spilled a measure of this all over my computer desk. Despite cleanup on Aisle 3, this morning, I'm awash in delicious sweet brandy whiskey-barrel fumes.

I can live with that.