What are you drinking right now?

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Savage »

OMG. I think I died and am in Heaven. Poured a water mug of Makers and club soda, and found out that KUSC is online. Oh, what is that word my friend used? Kvell. I am kvelling. The house we are selling (Big Pink Pile of Stucco) closes escrow tomorrow. Okay, so the new house has a refrigerator niche too small for our behemoth cooler, and our granite counter has a big black blob front and center, but otherwise... The master bedroom is huge enough for our Grumpy-picked-out parade ground of a bed, the yard is just big enough for a small patio, so no massive mowing sessions, and it is ONE STORY.
So, this old handicapped lady will not have to struggle with stairs anymore. I cannot wait. The mad Russian tried to close today, but the asses at the office said they did not have our forwarding address. ??? We have an address now until we move. Will have another address, in December, but WTF do they mean? Thirteen moves in thirty-five years. And twelve of those were during fifteen years. I am so done. Mommas, don't let your babies grow up to marry Marines.
like tears in rain

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Savage wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:31 am
OMG. I think I died and am in Heaven. Poured a water mug of Makers and club soda, and found out that KUSC is online. Oh, what is that word my friend used? Kvell. I am kvelling. The house we are selling (Big Pink Pile of Stucco) closes escrow tomorrow. Okay, so the new house has a refrigerator niche too small for our behemoth cooler, and our granite counter has a big black blob front and center, but otherwise... The master bedroom is huge enough for our Grumpy-picked-out parade ground of a bed, the yard is just big enough for a small patio, so no massive mowing sessions, and it is ONE STORY.
So, this old handicapped lady will not have to struggle with stairs anymore. I cannot wait. The mad Russian tried to close today, but the asses at the office said they did not have our forwarding address. ??? We have an address now until we move. Will have another address, in December, but WTF do they mean? Thirteen moves in thirty-five years. And twelve of those were during fifteen years. I am so done. Mommas, don't let your babies grow up to marry Marines.
Congratulations on the new digs! Sounds like it's a major upgrade. Is it in the same end of nowhere town you are currently in? Judging from your older posts you were ready to flee that neighborhood.

Also one story house means no more Savage fell down/up the stairs with a little help from Maker's posts. You'll now have to find safer things to keep the post count up.

Cheers!
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Savage wrote:
Have I mentioned the fact that I am not a marine?
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Cheap cold beer in a glass.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Mr Boozificator wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:27 pm
Savage wrote:
Have I mentioned the fact that I am not a marine?
Oh hey what you`ve been up to french army knife? Good to see you
Drink!

drunkin' Wisconsinite
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by drunkin' Wisconsinite »

Korbel old fashioned sour with olives. 2 of these, then beers.

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Savage wrote:
Dear Savage it's great to hear you are doing well. I will admit I'm a regular listener and subscriber to KUSC and get it on my stereo since they aren't far away. Listening to classical music makes sanity out of an insane world. All the best.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Swilling brown ale at the moment.

Rusty_Shackleford
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Rusty_Shackleford »

PBR.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Day off. Drinking Kentucky Deluxe on an empty stomach, which is a recipe for amnesia. I don't mind (ha).

My swigging has become so natural that sometimes while multi-tasking I forget that I have a mouthful of whiskey to swallow.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Nausea wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:40 am
Day off. Drinking Kentucky Deluxe on an empty stomach, which is a recipe for amnesia. I don't mind (ha).

My swigging has become so natural that sometimes while multi-tasking I forget that I have a mouthful of whiskey to swallow.

Dollar Days special. 1 L for what?

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

For me, Smooth Ambler Contradiction. A nice 100 proof blended bourbon. They take some sourced juice from that mega distiller in Indiana and a wheated offering, albeit a young one, from their distillery in West Virginia. Rough with some smoothed edges owed , I would guess, to the wheater from Indy.

If you can find it for $45 or there abouts grab one to try. Hell the 100 proofing is worth it at that price.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Patchez wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:54 am
Nausea wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:40 am

Dollar Days special. 1 L for what?
I'm sold.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Finishing off an appetizer fancy pants beers before switching to the main course of Genny with a side of rye. I'm anticipating fun.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Gettin dizzy drinking vodka during the friday afternoon
Drink!