The good thing about being a christian..

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: The good thing about being a christian..

Post by bluebottle »

it's sorta awkward to say, but i have a sorta semi man crush on boozie. i have never felt this way before, not even with bmms. but you, my man, are magnificent

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by NYDingbat »

bluebottle wrote:it's sorta awkward to say, but i have a sorta semi man crush on boozie. i have never felt this way before, not even with bmms. but you, my man, are magnificent
Don't be ashamed - man crushes are totally cool! Especially when directed at such as wonderful man as Boozie!

You are spot ON! However, being French, he is magnifique!
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

ah! tre magnifique!

Le Boozificator
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Le Boozificator »

Mayhem wrote:I wasn't joking about the priest part, and I'm glad you are getting through this.
I know you weren't joking, Anthony, and you are a true good man in my book.
"Aaaah, the great smurff infestation we had here back in April - The Professor lost part of his ear in that battle, but he emerged victorious, and was rewarded with a tin of Friskies "Ocean Whitefish and Tuna in sauce."
Thirsty about The Great Smurff Infestation days, one month before he blew up the KASTLE! again, trying to create a 220 proof alcohol again...

calx
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by calx »

wow boozy that is horribly cold of her. dingbat just told me last night about your situation. leaving you for...yoga.. just doesn't make any sense at all. stay strong. you'll get through this.
Watch "The Money Masters" on youtube and read "The Creature From Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin to unveil the true enemy.

Innovating the human race to extinction.™

Long live David Icke!

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

Late to the party, I know, but keep your head up, Boozy! There's been plenty of sound advice already posted in this thread, so I'll just say that I am raising my glass to you this evening, in hopes that you can get over this as smoothly as possible.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

ltwhiskas
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by ltwhiskas »

Stay strong man. I can't imagine how bad that must hurt, but remember you define yourself, not anyone else. You are what you do. Stay strong, be strong. I'm cracking open a bottle of wine cuz im outta the good stuff... here's to you.

steved2112
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by steved2112 »

El Boozificator wrote:Thanks to every single one of you, including the awkward jokers. I am in hell now, but I am at peace with myself. Whatever I do, I will do it grandstyle. I'm a fighter, not a quitter, and some of what I read helped me remember it. I will do everything humanly possible and when this is over, I'll start the superhuman list. My name is Etienne, and I am the Boozificator.
That's the spirits. If love is lost, it must not have been love. Friendship must constantly be earned, and love doubly so. Don't suffer the notion that you can just shake this off without the passage of time, but you are obviously a strong and focused individual, so I have no doubt that your character will prevail. And I salute your faith.
I feel like I;' Typing down hill.
-F. Sott Blitzedgerald

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

steved2112 wrote:
El Boozificator wrote:Thanks to every single one of you, including the awkward jokers. I am in hell now, but I am at peace with myself. Whatever I do, I will do it grandstyle. I'm a fighter, not a quitter, and some of what I read helped me remember it. I will do everything humanly possible and when this is over, I'll start the superhuman list. My name is Etienne, and I am the Boozificator.
That's the spirits. If love is lost, it must not have been love. Friendship must constantly be earned, and love doubly so. Don't suffer the notion that you can just shake this off without the passage of time, but you are obviously a strong and focused individual, so I have no doubt that your character will prevail. And I salute your faith.
hey wait can you still salute the mayan calendar while being abducted by a ufo?

Le Boozificator
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Time to resort to the superhuman list, I've just discovered that she has been cheating on me for the last two month, which means that when she told me she loved me every that was a fucking lie, and that when she thanked me for the bouquet I sent for our wedding anniversary, she probabily went shagging with that dude from her yoga club right after.
I don't know who it is I loved anymore, and I don't know if I will ever be able to trust a woman again. Now I feel so terribly ordinary: I'm a living cliché, the umpteenth soldier who get cheated on while performing his duty.
The fight to stay alive and in control was never harder.
"Aaaah, the great smurff infestation we had here back in April - The Professor lost part of his ear in that battle, but he emerged victorious, and was rewarded with a tin of Friskies "Ocean Whitefish and Tuna in sauce."
Thirsty about The Great Smurff Infestation days, one month before he blew up the KASTLE! again, trying to create a 220 proof alcohol again...

Gin McGuinness
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Gin McGuinness »

El Booze I stand by my previous post. PM me if you need to chat. My phone reaches every place on the planet.
"Personally I prefer the buzz between 'all is good and well in the universe with this glass' drunk and 'IM A FUCKING VIKING!' drunk." Impish Boozehound

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by bluebottle »

this hurts way too much, and i'm just sitting here reading about it.

cornbread714
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by cornbread714 »

The last woman to rip my heart out was a yoga teacher.
Perhaps I should have realized from the start that we weren't a great match, considering I'm a boozing, lazy carnivore who smokes.
Live like a pig, die like a dog

"Everyone sleeps before I do. Sometimes I do not know what to do with myself; then the trouble begins."
-Savage

Le Boozificator
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Gin McGuinness wrote:El Booze I stand by my previous post. PM me if you need to chat. My phone reaches every place on the planet.
Thanks Gin, but I don't want to become a whiner and there is unfortunately very little more to say: she explained in a letter that she finally decided that I wasn't ready to walk the path towards the truth with her and that she found a man to whom she could "open up" while to me she lied from the start to give me the impression of a happy mariage. She says she lied uncounsciously.
I think it's all bullshit and my life is destroyed. I have no one to return to from this mission.

cornbread714
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by cornbread714 »

Don't let her destroy your life. When you get out of that desert I hope you will again begin to see the small things that make life as a free man worth living.
Find some solace in casual sex and drinking too much. Take a fun vacation even if you don't feel like it.
And there's something to be learned from that kind of pain. It can make you stronger and wiser.
You are on your own "path for truth", not hers...
Live like a pig, die like a dog

"Everyone sleeps before I do. Sometimes I do not know what to do with myself; then the trouble begins."
-Savage