Happy Independence Day, Drunks!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

NYDingbat
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: Happy Birthday, USA

Post by NYDingbat »

Palinka wrote:To all our US co-drunkards, have a great day.
Thank you! Glad there's no hard feelin's. Slainte!
"I don't start the day. I continue the night."
- mistah willies

"What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?"
- W.C. Fields

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

sloweducation wrote:Here's to being drunk until July 8th.
You got Friday off as well?

Time for some Draaanking.

Here's Chewbacca, good man.

Cheers
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

tdcwillies wrote:...Here's Chewbacca, good man...
What a Wookie!
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

happy birthday. Hope the aliens don't give you too much hassle
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Jimi sez, "No taxation without representation, bitches!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euVR0QrGyfk
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

NYDingbat wrote:
None whatsoever, on my part. I spent two entertaining 4th Julys in the US; the first was in DC, which had a great fireworks show but was a bit worrying due to the huge crowds and the equally huge amount of huge people with huge weapons, who were giving the huge crowds the watchful eye and generally unnerving people (it was the first time that I experienced "Kettling"), I later passed out in The Raven bar. The second time was a far nicer and more relaxed experience; I was with the Judge and Mrs Judge and the junior Judges and even the odd Judglet or two. We went to the Judge's local bar, The Nutty Irishman, and started the day with Gibsons and vodka shots (and several people warmly invited me to have a "Great 4th" and when I sheepishly but slighly curmudgeonly (albeit in an attempted jocular way) told one, quite elderly, chap that, as a Brit it wasn't really my holiday, he was kind enough not only to not take offence but instead proffered his hip-flask and gently told me that it was everyone's holiday; at which point I noticed his discreetly worn medals which, amongst other things, showed that he had been on the beaches for the Normandy Landings and had taken part in the Liberation of Europe, so I bought him a beer (he wouldn't accept anything else) and stopped being a git). We then went back to Chez Judge and had a bang-up barbecue with a great many drinks and the day finished with the Judge and I watching "Independence Day", with more drinks and hi-jinx. It was a very fine day, indeed.
Strange, though, that he had to come to the UK to get creative respresentation...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Happy 4th of July to you all.

Last time I was in the US was about 20 years ago. I was four or five years old. The memories are few, but all good. Naturally, I'd like my memories of my next visit (next year?) to be exactly the same.

Will raise a glass with you all later tonight.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Palinka wrote:
NYDingbat wrote:
None whatsoever, on my part.

...he was kind enough not only to not take offence but instead proffered his hip-flask and gently told me that it was everyone's holiday...

...It was a very fine day, indeed.
Thank you for your elucidation on this, and well met. Indeed, Independence should be a human right.

CHEERS!

Here's Leia handing Luke a beer.

aloysius
Tippler
Tippler

Post by aloysius »

It was a good scrap, you got to admit: the big ol' Kingdom of Britain against a few ale-swilling radicals wanting a mutiny. America won! America was born!

Then we scrapped around a bit in 1812, then we called a truce, and then WW2 happened and America was like, "We know where we come from. This damn Nazi Scourge needs to be wiped out." The Brits were like, "Damn right, gov'nor!" and helped us bomb the living Christ out of those Huns. God love the RAF.

It's my understanding that the Germans still feel some shame over their country's past. I say, "Hey, we've all got some rotten shit in our past. Doesn't matter what country you're from, the very fact that you've managed to establish a state means you've had to trample over some toes."

So Germans, raise a glass with us in the USA. You've got some great beers and some of the most beautiful women in the world. All is forgiven on this end.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

I love living in America:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWHXQWFaD9o

Crown thy good with brotherhood:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmpNGvIXnG4
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

treetop
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by treetop »

this. it's imperfection is what makes it perfect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXSfd3bE_24
oklahoma gal singing for the U.S.A. at UCONN.
represent, bambam!
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Happy birthday cousins, I'll soon be enjoying your hospitality again!
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Yeah cheers man thanks alot but hey
we're the big boys on this marble so get over it sissies
(also avialable in Mandarin)
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

There are some really dumb people around and I'm sure they don't drink because they would end up killing themselves. This screenshot has been making the rounds of some really brilliant Twitter type tweets on Thurs. July 4th 2013. Happy birthday America, you are 2013 years old.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Lush City wrote:There are some really dumb people around and I'm sure they don't drink because they would end up killing themselves. This screenshot has been making the rounds of some really brilliant Twitter type tweets on Thurs. July 4th 2013. Happy birthday America, you are 2013 years old.
Well, at least they are being enthusiastic, I'll drink to that. And then try to forget about it.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.