Lady Savage's Grumpy Chronicles

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

bluebottle
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: Grumpy have a theory, that I think is bullshit

Post by bluebottle »

uh, i met a boy what tyurned out to be a girl. plus homos like me in general. but i met jon, er, julie, and when i met him she had whiskers and all, and a fat round ass. i heard tell of an enlarged clit, or a tiny penis. she was my bfff. ain't no thang. i got suspicious when she waddled up the stairs to my apt. pretending to be a man. ah well.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Savage wrote:It is in our DNA, from the time we slither out of our mom.
I'm no scientist but I don't think that could be right. If it was a part of somebody's DNA then it wouldn't have been able to continue to reproduce itself in new generations so well. Evolution has pretty much just been a process of weeding out the genes that prevent us from staying alive and reproducing, so any maladaptive mutation that makes people much less likely to have children and reproduce their genes would never have been able to survive natural selection.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Chimneyfish wrote:
Savage wrote:It is in our DNA, from the time we slither out of our mom.
I'm no scientist but I don't think that could be right. If it was a part of somebody's DNA then it wouldn't have been able to continue to reproduce itself in new generations so well. Evolution has pretty much just been a process of weeding out the genes that prevent us from staying alive and reproducing, so any maladaptive mutation that makes people much less likely to have children and reproduce their genes would never have been able to survive natural selection.
Hell..."maladaptive mutation"...??!? That covers half the swingin' dicks on this board -- me included -- and the rest of 'em just pretend they somewhat normal.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

I meant it in the biological sense. Every trait originated as a mutation.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Chimneyfish wrote:I meant it in the biological sense. Every trait originated as a mutation.
Maybe you could somehow(?) use this on your sociology forum to defend your "all women are just 6 Zimas (or whatever it was) away from being bi-sexual" theorem; which I think can and will be eventually proven.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Heid
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Heid »

Savage wrote:...Rub up against some girl's soft breasts...
Talk more about this...

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

i didn't choose to be hetero. and that would be the easy choice. so yeah, i'm of the opinion it's not a choice.

clearly homosexuality isn't maladaptive, or we'd no longer have it. lots of queers have kids. there may be an evolutionary element, though. there is some evidence that women who are stressed during childbirth are more likely to have homosexual male children. so if resources are scarce, fewer grandkids to feed. you have to remember we don't evolve as individuals, but as a group, us humans.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

Wingman wrote:i didn't choose to be hetero. and that would be the easy choice. so yeah, i'm of the opinion it's not a choice.
I don't think that becoming a homosexual is always a choice. I just think it's biologically impossible for a gay gene to exist. Using an example of one trait that you didn't choose doesn't prove that a certain separate gene must therefore exist.
Wingman wrote:clearly homosexuality isn't maladaptive, or we'd no longer have it.
That's kind of my point just expressed in different terms. Here's another way to put it: Clearly homosexuality isn't genetic or it would necessarily be maladaptive. Having the gay gene would undoubtedly lower the chances of reproducing your DNA by having children. If it were a maladaptive gene then we'd no longer have it- especially not such a high frequency.

I agree that being gay isn't a maladaptive gene because being gay isn't genetic.
Wingman wrote:lots of queers have kids.
Do you really mean "lots" as in lots? Or do you just mean "lots" as in "not none"? If it's the former then I disagree that a lot of gay people are having children. In fact, I think it'd be safe to say that the majority of them never reproduce. But regardless, I don't think there's any denying that the existence of a gay gene would mean that having this gene lowers the likelihood of the person reproducing to at least some degree. This would mean that a gene is somehow thriving despite the fact that, which each generation, it gradually reduces the chance that it will be reproduced. I don't see how that is possible.
Wingman wrote:there is some evidence that women who are stressed during childbirth are more likely to have homosexual male children. so if resources are scarce, fewer grandkids to feed. you have to remember we don't evolve as individuals, but as a group, us humans.
Wouldn't the conditions of childbirth be evidence of homosexuality being based on environmental factors instead of genetic factors? A mother becoming stressed doesn't change the DNA code that she passes on to her child.

And if you acknowledge that a gay gene would result in fewer grandkids then I'm not clear on how you can also believe that a gay gene could sustainably reproduce itself.

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

It's of interest to note that the vast majority of homos were sexually abused when young. The ones that REALLY piss me off though are the guys who say they are gay and then have sex with hot chicks who hang out with them because they "feel safe". Fucking homos getting my action, I'll have none of that!
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Mayhems
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Mayhems »

The Jews.

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

9/11

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

Resident Asshole wrote: Fucking homos getting my action, I'll have none of that!
Yeah, those homos are taking all of our womens! The fags, too! amiright!
I'll miss you, pallie.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Yer all gay
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

So, what wingman said. Also,

There's one theory called "the gay uncle theory" that theorizes why homosexuality didn't "die out" seeing as how homo's need to have hetero sex to produce children. The theory is that having more adults around a child increases it's survival rate. So homosexual aunts/uncles who don't have to take care of their own children take care of their brothers and sisters children, increasing the survival rates of their family, who can possibly pass on "gay genes" to the next generation.

I have no problem with homosexuality, but I think it's important to note that the gay lisping voice that we stereotype homo men having, is an entirely American phenomenon. So is "girlie handwriting", but that's another discussion.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

The Limey
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by The Limey »

DeeboCools wrote: increasing the survival rates of their family, who can possibly pass on "gay genes" to the next generation.
Don't make sense. They'd die out eventually, like the "Shakers". I don't think it's nature or nurture but a complex combination of both. Early experiences will be a big factor, children that are adopted by gays are 12 times more likely to be gay apparently, they see a lifestyle as they grow up and are conditioned to replicate. I know a guy who swears he was born gay, but he's just a natural attention seeking drama queen, he'd have his dick chopped off just to make a point (that no one else actually gives a shit about) and then change his mind (when he realises this).

Truth is we all have a brew of male and female hormones so there are bound to be imbalances, there i said it, gays are hormonally imbalanced (half-joke). This and our ability to use our sexuality for non-procreative 'entertainment' (good and bad) makes for a varied sexual animal.

I think that the vagina or yoni represents spiritual infinity, and many men fear this so seek the finite materialistic limitations of the phallus. A good friend of mine who freely admits to experimenting (he often says "don't knock it until you have at least tried it") tells me he was petrified of the energy of the female, and mistakenly thought this meant he might be gay, it turns out that he wasn't.
Last edited by The Limey on Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.