The good thing about being a christian..

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Le Boozificator
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: The good thing about being a christian..

Post by Le Boozificator »

cornbread714 wrote:Don't let her destroy your life. When you get out of that desert I hope you will again begin to see the small things that make life as a free man worth living.
Find some solace in casual sex and drinking too much. Take a fun vacation even if you don't feel like it.
And there's something to be learned from that kind of pain. It can make you stronger and wiser.
You are on your own "path for truth", not hers...
Thanks Corn, I was starting to feel really alone and I am not ashamed to say I cried in relief when I read your mail. Writing is okay, I think talking would be impossible right now.
"Aaaah, the great smurff infestation we had here back in April - The Professor lost part of his ear in that battle, but he emerged victorious, and was rewarded with a tin of Friskies "Ocean Whitefish and Tuna in sauce."
Thirsty about The Great Smurff Infestation days, one month before he blew up the KASTLE! again, trying to create a 220 proof alcohol again...

cornbread714
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by cornbread714 »

I hope you are talking to a chaplain or someone, soon.
Last edited by cornbread714 on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live like a pig, die like a dog

"Everyone sleeps before I do. Sometimes I do not know what to do with myself; then the trouble begins."
-Savage

cornbread714
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by cornbread714 »

And maybe you should talk to Gin McG. I get the feeling she might be able to help. Friends, even ones you don't know so well, can really help in a crisis like this, and I think she's pretty wise
Last edited by cornbread714 on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live like a pig, die like a dog

"Everyone sleeps before I do. Sometimes I do not know what to do with myself; then the trouble begins."
-Savage

Le Boozificator
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

cornbread714 wrote:I hope you are talking to a chaplain or someone
Yes, I had too, but the chaplain is on a mission in an other battalion until tuesday, and I must say I dread those two nights. I have to resort to auto hypnosis techniques to sleep even an hour or two. There is no good time for things like this to happen, but some times are particularily unpractical.
"Aaaah, the great smurff infestation we had here back in April - The Professor lost part of his ear in that battle, but he emerged victorious, and was rewarded with a tin of Friskies "Ocean Whitefish and Tuna in sauce."
Thirsty about The Great Smurff Infestation days, one month before he blew up the KASTLE! again, trying to create a 220 proof alcohol again...

Mrs Glenfiddich
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Mrs Glenfiddich »

El Boozi, I don't know you very well, but my heart is aching for you right now...sending positive thoughts your way.

Stay strong.
"Alcohol is a lifestyle. Alcohol is my lifestyle..." - Homer J. Simpson

"I drank myself a second arsehole." - Judith Lucy

Sleestack
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Sleestack »

El Boozificator wrote:
Gin McGuinness wrote:El Booze I stand by my previous post. PM me if you need to chat. My phone reaches every place on the planet.
Thanks Gin, but I don't want to become a whiner and there is unfortunately very little more to say: she explained in a letter that she finally decided that I wasn't ready to walk the path towards the truth with her and that she found a man to whom she could "open up" while to me she lied from the start to give me the impression of a happy mariage. She says she lied uncounsciously.
I think it's all bullshit and my life is destroyed. I have no one to return to from this mission.
*sigh*

you have got to be shitting me...she said this...This just goes to show you Boozy, how even though we all may be from different country's that we deal with the same stuff...My ex-wife (when leaving me for the Canadian) played almost the exact same line...It's bullshit pure and simple. She just does not want to invest the time and energy into the relationship that it would require. This excuse makes it easier for her to walk away. That way she can say to herself that she doesn't have any problems and the failure of the relationship wasn't her fault.

DO NOT BY INTO THAT! Infidelity is not the fault of the one who is being cheated on. don't forget that.

And as far as not having anyone to return to, I've seen the chicks your Frenchies are hording. GOD DAMN fine looking women...besides, as NYD can attest, chicks dig soldiers...

You'll be alright...
I've been unavoidably detained by my complete lack of punctuality.

quandry
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by quandry »

I'm new here, but am not new (as a man in my 50's) with lost love and terrible loss. Tonight I thought I would not drink whiskey. I was wrong. Your heartbreak sent me immediatly to the Crown Royal. The people at this site, as I have found reading chats, are kindred spirits.
Tonight I shed many tears for you and am having another large gulp of the Crown with a beer back.
May time heal and you find peace at home and safety at war.
Q

Le Boozificator
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

quandry wrote:I'm new here, but am not new (as a man in my 50's) with lost love and terrible loss. Tonight I thought I would not drink whiskey. I was wrong. Your heartbreak sent me immediatly to the Crown Royal. The people at this site, as I have found reading chats, are kindred spirits.
Tonight I shed many tears for you and am having another large gulp of the Crown with a beer back.
May time heal and you find peace at home and safety at war.
Q
Thanks and welcome, Quandry.

Steve
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Steve »

Oh dear.
Obviously now is not the time for the usual french versus English jokes that we indulge in.
I'm sorry to hear this news Boozy, it seems a very cold hearted way for her to end things, given your situation. And not being able to get drunk (which would help you sleep) just makes things worse. Having a good drinking session is a way of getting sorrow out of your system, I've been hammered at every funeral I've been to. From the photos you've used as avatars, I'd say you're a young-ish fellow, and there's plenty of life left to be lived. You've mentioned before that you're on good money out there (and there's not much to spend it on in the desert), get some leave and blow a bunch of cash on a great holiday. I'm not saying that's a cure, but it might help a bit. I'm not religious myself, but if your faith comforts you go for it. That's what it's for in my opinion.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Man, El B...

Don't know what to say but I feel for you. Ya' gotta hang in there as best you can. Hope your getting some support from your comrades in arms.

I'll raise a glass for you.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be