10 bottles and a 1/2 inch in each

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Joe Twelvepack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

10 bottles and a 1/2 inch in each

Post by Joe Twelvepack »

I'm cat and house-sitting for a friend, with orders not to drink the last of th liquor" but free rein otherwise. Problem? As states: 10 bottles, very little in each. Gone from beer (3 bottles) to rum. Next? Who knows. Last? Peach schnapps.
stop thinking start drinking

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

how is going to leave you in his house for however long and expect the liquor to still be in the same state as which it was left. if he didn't want you drinking it, he would've taken it with him. no offense, but your friend doesn't sound too smart.
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

I have to agree with DPAW. You're doing him the favor. The least he could have done is have FULL bottles of liquor for you. I say drink up.
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

thirsty4beer
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by thirsty4beer »

chug chug chug :lol:
mine's a pint

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

mayb e i misunderstood and the actual problem is the small a,ount of forbidden booze actaully left behind? in that case he owes you big when he comes back for tormenting you in such a devious, horrible manner.
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

CrunchyPissCrystals
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by CrunchyPissCrystals »

your friend is obviously a raging alcoholic and you owe it to him/her to help. the only way to do that is to remove temptation. DRINK UP!
"He has all of the virtues that I dislike, and none of the vices that I admire."
-Winston Churchill

MORRISON
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by MORRISON »

Dude, go to the store now!

M

Joe Twelvepack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Joe Twelvepack »

Ha. The problem was there was little in the bottles, but I was under orders to leave at least a drink in each. So I did just that - a shot left in each one. Including the once-full Makers Mark he thought he'd hidden so well.

One for the Frog
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by One for the Frog »

You can still fill them up with water.

Hugh Janblack
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Hugh Janblack »

Joe, you are trying to do the right thing - I understand that - but you also have to realize that you are being wronged. You can't go on living like this Joe. It isn't right that your friend treats you this way. And just the fact that you put up with it - well, Joe, it just makes me sick. It makes me want to take matters into my own hands, but that isn't the right way.

You need help Joe, there are places to help people in abusive relationships like this. They will get you through this in one piece. They will also help make sure this kind of thing never happens to you again!

It's hard when you are in that situation - I know I would lash out, and just drink everything out of spite. That may not be the healthiest thing to do, so I am begging you Joe, go get help.

I don't know about your area, but the places around here are all called "bars" and you can tell they are safe houses by neon signs they hang in their windows. Seek one out Joe, get the help you need. And God bless you, you brave, brave man.
Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

It will hurt less if you don't struggle.

Joe Twelvepack
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Joe Twelvepack »

I managed to keep a good buzz going from noon to 3 am without leaving the house and without actually draining a single bottle.

Did I mention the 12 pack of beer I brough for "in case"?