British Beer Reaches Bottom of the Barrel...

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Max Vol
Booze Head
Booze Head

British Beer Reaches Bottom of the Barrel...

Post by Max Vol »

OK, you drunkards, looks like we have to take up a collection for an emergency shipment to the UK!

From the London Standard...

Britain is running low on beer
13 August 2003

Brewing giant Carlsberg-Tetley was forced to ship in emergency supplies of lager from abroad because of this summer's heatwave, it emerged today.

The company said the soaring temperatures in the last two months have led to a 40% increase in sales across the country as drinkers sought to quench their thirst.

Workers at Carlsberg-Tetley's plant off London Road, in Northampton, struggled to cope with demand and called for extra supplies and lager vats from the firm's head office in Denmark.

Spokeswoman Donna Cresswell called the demand in recent weeks "unprecendented".

"We've seen a huge increase in the amount of lager sold during the heatwave," she said.

"Everybody has been working flat out to meet demand but we've also had to call over to Copenhagen to get them to ship some extra supplies in.

"Right now, every moment of the day is counting. We've been teabagger the equipment for 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Not a moment is being spared."

Brewing at the plant is already a round-the-clock operation with a staggering 3,000 cans being filled each minute.

Four new vessels capable of holding one million pints and a new canning line were recently installed at a cost of £14 million.

The extra vats were brought across from Scandinavia to "top up" the existing equipment as the warm weather continues
"Whiskey and Beer are a man's worst enemies... but the man that runs away from his enemies is a coward!"

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

Shortages caused from heat waves, or Palinka's weekend trip to London?

Hmmm......
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

Oggar
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Oggar »

Heartwarming (all the extra drinking), but they're still not getting my beer.
I can't write like Papa, you know I just ain't able
But if he came in here tonight, I'd drink him under the table -Ronny Elliott

RIP Mayhem, as long as I have a heart you are in it.

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

The Brits are wonderful allies but it’s their fault for not properly investing in brewing infrastructure.