One step closer

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

One step closer

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I went to the bank today and started the whole process of buying a house. The bank was out in the east ern county, and driving back I swung into a Liquor Barn. There were some hardcore people in there before noon! Picked up a wee pint. There's really no point to this post.

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

I like the name 'Liquor Barn'. Makes me visualize a vast, welcoming building, with wide swing doors, painted red. Stocked from floor to ceiling with liquor. And a couple of bays of hay thrown around for effect. All the salespersons are wearing cowboy hats, plaid shirts and bandanas tied around their neck. They greet with you with a nice 'howdy, mam'!' and offer to carry your purchases to your car while line dancin.

Good luck on the house!
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

I got pre-approved for lots of money.

The Liquor Barn isn't too far from your fantasy. It's emense. I should never go in with a credit card.

Barca

Post by Barca »

I remember we had a Liquor Barn in my hometown. I went away to college and when I came back it was a Craft Barn.

I cried.

Believe me, I cried.

That's like driving cross-country to Disneyland and finding that it burned down the night before.

That's right, I cried.
Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. - Henry Lawson

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

barcalounge wrote:I remember we had a Liquor Barn in my hometown. I went away to college and when I came back it was a Craft Barn.

I cried.

Believe me, I cried.

That's like driving cross-country to Disneyland and finding that it burned down the night before.

That's right, I cried.
That sucks. That's as bad as my first Sunday in Alabama. I went to the grocery store to buy wine and beer. They had the lights turned out over the beer and yellow tape across the wine shelves. They had huge signs posted "NO ALCOHOL SOLD ON SUNDAY." I stumbled out to the parking lot, and I cried. That's right, I cried.
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

SeeNoEvil
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by SeeNoEvil »

Frankennietzsche wrote:I got pre-approved for lots of money.

The Liquor Barn isn't too far from your fantasy. It's emense. I should never go in with a credit card.
I don't think I've been to Liquor Barn. I've been to Liquor Depot in Louisville (Fern Valley Rd.) and that store is also emense. I'm sure you've been to both so which one is bigger?

Sadly, I have yet to find a liquor store here in Madison that compares. <sniff> <sniff> Just thinking about Liquor Depot makes me home sick. :(
"God favors drunks and the cataclysmically stoned."
Stephen King

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

SeeNoEvil wrote:
Frankennietzsche wrote:I got pre-approved for lots of money.

I don't think I've been to Liquor Barn. I've been to Liquor Depot in Louisville (Fern Valley Rd.) and that store is also emense. I'm sure you've been to both so which one is bigger?

Sadly, I have yet to find a liquor store here in Madison that compares. <sniff> <sniff> Just thinking about Liquor Depot makes me home sick. :(
It looks like the barns are taking over the depots. I know the one I was in used to be a depot. So, they're the same, but with more food and little craft things(???).