Finally bought some Pouges.

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

My very favorite Pogues songs are Murshin Gurkin, South Australia, and Lorca's Novena.

dasbeaver
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by dasbeaver »

UnkleLemmy wrote:This is my favorite album cover (and one of my favorite albums period):

Its hard to argue with Zappa, that album changed my life.

Modern Drunkard
Site Admin

Re: Finally bought some Pouges.

Post by Modern Drunkard »

UnkleLemmy wrote:Well after hearing everybody here rave about Shane I had to go out and pick up a Pouges CD. I was looking for Rum, Sodomy and the Lash but they didn't have that, so I got If I should Fall from Grace with God. Incredible fuckin album. I will soon purchase many more.
See? If he would have picked up Rum Sodomy and the Lash he would still be with us today.

treetop
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by treetop »

nice resurrection. for a second there, i thought that teh rochacha was back in effect. do they still say that, "in effect"? s&p used to be in effect. spinderella was none too hard on the eyes but i digress.
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

Resident Asshole

Post by Resident Asshole »

Waiting for Herb was the first CD I ever owned. Matter of fact, I owned it for a while before I even had a CD player. I'm a Creole/Mick/American that's made the journey and gotten drunk in Ireland, what do you want?

"Haunting" was a great jig from that album.

Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

l...
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by l... »

Modern Drunkard wrote:
UnkleLemmy wrote:Well after hearing everybody here rave about Shane I had to go out and pick up a Pouges CD. I was looking for Rum, Sodomy and the Lash but they didn't have that, so I got If I should Fall from Grace with God. Incredible fuckin album. I will soon purchase many more.
See? If he would have picked up Rum Sodomy and the Lash he would still be with us today.

haha! no shit. i miss lemmy, rochester, and mayhem.
That's what I call Drunkard justice. I hate prisses like that. They're mincing their way through life when they should be marching. ~fkr.

I wish i could find me a woman who drinks!~ruiner..on lack of women drinkers.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

One for the Frog wrote:
Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:41 am
Red Roses For Me is a must.

Waxie's Dargle on that one is such a beautiful melody.
Outstanding album and the follow up EP Poguetry in Motion capture the early raw sound of the Pouges. Fucking love these cats. Shane was as Malcom McLaren once said once Sid, "a Beautiful disaster."
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

There was a time when I just could not stand the Pogues. Like sticking torture in my ears. But then one day I heard "Worms". I then went back and gave 'Red Roses For Me' and 'Rum, Sodomy and Lash' and found that I liked damn near every tune on those albums. So I guess the moral of the story is when a band you don't like has a song about worms, it might be worth giving them another chance.