Why I love you beautiful motherfuckers

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Henry Chinaski
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Why I love you beautiful motherfuckers

Post by Henry Chinaski »

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes 'Awww!'”—Jack Kerouac

My first morning V and T is dedicated to the lot of ya!

Hank "Gonna Try and Get Hammered By Noon" Chinaski

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

Here Here my good man!

Have a drink for me. I don't get off of qork for another 4 1/2 hours.
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

Thee Totaller
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Thee Totaller »

well if you were here, you'd have four minutes to get hammered. What would you drink in that situation? Me, probably Jim.
AHLL BE BOCK

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

Vodka. Bloody Mary. Two of them. Then a nice splash of scotch, to wash the celery down with.
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Go for it, Henry, you lovable old curmudgeon, you!
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

jerryg
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by jerryg »

I'm off early today. Going to run a couple errands then try a new recipe that was in the local newspaper a couple days ago. How does this sound: 1-6 oz can sugar-free lemonade concentrate, 1/2 bottle vodka, 1 cup spiced rum, 1 cup water, 1/3 cup limoncello. Makes 6 servings. Well, it's really only going to make one serving, but I think it sound good.

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

jerryg wrote:I'm off early today. Going to run a couple errands then try a new recipe that was in the local newspaper a couple days ago. How does this sound: 1-6 oz can sugar-free lemonade concentrate, 1/2 bottle vodka, 1 cup spiced rum, 1 cup water, 1/3 cup limoncello. Makes 6 servings. Well, it's really only going to make one serving, but I think it sound good.
I'm am also thinking of jumping ship early today. That does sounds good, please report back on results (if you can remember).

Hugh Janblack
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Hugh Janblack »

jerryg wrote:1/3 cup limoncello.
Was ist din limoncello??
Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

It will hurt less if you don't struggle.

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

I may be wrong, but limoncello is what the recipe is called. It's a mixture of rum, lemonade and water.

jerryg
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by jerryg »

Limoncello is an Italian lemon flavored liqueur

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

jerryg wrote:Limoncello is an Italian lemon flavored liqueur
I learn so much here.

Hugh Janblack
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Hugh Janblack »

According to Webtender, this is it - the drink Mr Garcia described seems to be one of the many "Cello" drinks that are derived from the below concoction.

Limoncello
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients:
7 Lemons
1 L Alcohol
1 L Water
700 gr Sugar
Mixing instructions:
Soak skin of 7 lemons in alcohol for 2 days. Strain. Boil water and sugar and chill. Mix with alcohol. Store in the fridge.

Creator/contributor's comments:
If the lemons are yellow the drink will be yellow, if they are green it will be green. Also try it with peaches
Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

It will hurt less if you don't struggle.

MORRISON
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by MORRISON »

4 minutes? Jim Beam. I once drank the better part of a fifth in about 15 minutes. Rocked me. I could use one right now but I to have 4 1/2 hours left. :(

M

jerryg
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by jerryg »

Well, the results are in. the lemonade/vodka/rum/limoncello recipe is a good one. I didn't quite stick to the recipe. I couldn't find unsweetened frozen lemonade concentrate, so I had to go with sweetened. Also I found out that I didn't have any spiced rum...only regular, lemon, orange and Malibu...so I went with lemon.

Well, it looks pretty much like lemonade, but it tastes like vodka, rum and somebody's walked by it with some lemonade. There's a bit of lemon flavor to it and a nice lemon afterburn (tho I don't know if it just would be the same if I'd have used lemon vodka along with the lemon rum an limoncello). It tastes pretty good, I'm on #3 and much more buzzed than I had anticipated (I did drink a beer while mixing it up).

Good for the folks who post here, but definitely NOT for casual drinkers-unless they stop at one -or less. Keep away from open flames. Oh yeah. the recipe said to chill for 24 hrs. I put a couple ice cubes in the first one then let it rest in the fridge.

Thee Totaller
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Thee Totaller »

jerryg wrote:Oh yeah. the recipe said to chill for 24 hrs.
Where did this one come from--The Sadist's Book of Mixology? Otherwise, sounds great. Report back at #s 4 and 5.
AHLL BE BOCK