Drinking Mentors

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

CrunchyPissCrystals
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by CrunchyPissCrystals »

I was lucky to have many mentors. Old Crow, Jim Beam, TJD were among them. The most outstanding, though, was me Grandfather. Gin martinis on the rocks with a twist! 8) A great man. I truly miss him.

as for the teetotlers, fuck you! He smoked, he drank he was in WWII and he lived to be 92! A great man!
"He has all of the virtues that I dislike, and none of the vices that I admire."
-Winston Churchill

thirsty4beer
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by thirsty4beer »

[quote="LuckyStrikes"]

Umm, I'm thinkin that since you two weren't drinking, you're probably an expert on some other activities...[/quote]

:oops: well i'm all embarrassed now, but you should be asking my missus about that :wink:

anyway,back to the serious side of things; lets drink!
mine's a pint

Bill
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Bill »

My cousin. Maybe 11 years older than me, taught me the joys of a proper martini, good scotch and bourbon. I owe him much.

Bill

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I'm the youngest of four. Our parents don't drink much. My brother and I didn't get along for a while (we now do.) I have done a lot of drinking with my oldest sister (her boyfriend is younger than me.) Including the long-ago-posted "I'm going to be really drunk in ten minutes" post. I traded my brother all my baseball cards (and there were some good ones in there. But he still is into it and I'm not) for a fifth of bourbon.

God of Chunder
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by God of Chunder »

A British guy who I met early on in my wine business days...
"We have a shitty life but we have a fucking amazing lifeSTYLE".
Then he laughed hard, tried to cut a fart and "drew mud". Miles from home, he jumped out, used his drawers for toilet paper and hopped back into the car. Every time I lament my career choice and/or feel the rumble down under, I think of that night.

Dan Quixote
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Dan Quixote »

My parents are my mentors. My dad taught me how to appreciate a good drink, but it's my mom who taught me how to hold my own. She's got some great stories from before my parents were married. They'd go out drinking at a bar in Tijuana until it closed, then go to another bar until that one closed. Then they'd go home, take a quick shower, go to work, and go out again as soon as the whistle blew. They've slowed down a bit nowadays, but when there's a celebration to be had you won't find a couple having more fun. My dad and I try out as many different tequilas as we can and make recommendations to each other. My mom still challenges me to the occasional drinking contest, which I'm not ashamed to say I don't always win. I love 'em both dearly.