"...everything but Jerry Springer"

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

"...everything but Jerry Springer"

Post by LuckyStrikes »

Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

No offense to the people from there, but every story I read about Cincy is fucked up.

One one side, you have Jerry Springer's theoretical interview base, or at least the stories the actors use on the show - inbred, no-tooth-having, banjo-picking, cousin-kissing rednecks.

On the other side you have rioting mobs who first complain about a lack of police presence in their neighborhoods, then complain about discrimination when that police presence is upped.

Man, am I glad I didn't take a job there.
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

At my old job, I would have to go there a couple of times a year. It's not that bad. I love Cincinnati chili, and they have a nice shopping mall downtown. I thought the architecture there was interesting.
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Isnt there aNFL team in that city? Or is it Div 2?

UnkleLemmy
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by UnkleLemmy »

KingHornDaddy wrote:Isnt there aNFL team in that city? Or is it Div 2?
I think they play in the Canadian leauge
Savage: "Unkle Lemmy looks just like his avatar, and that is hawt. Also, he sends me a crate of bourbon every month and for this, when I die, he will inherit my castle in Savagonia, and my 72 virgins. (They are all good boys, and very hard workers.)"

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

That would explain the assinine amount of points scored on the poor saps.
They still dont capture the tragic comedy that is the Cowbitches.

God of Chunder
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by God of Chunder »

Cincy chili is fantastic. I know it's a cliche but I really like Skyline, especially, duh, when drunk. What's that great ice cream place that's based out there? And there's lots of Steak n' Shake restaurants! And they're open 24 hours!

God of Chunder
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by God of Chunder »

omigod. What a great story. I have just sent it around the world. I need a drink, again!

Thee Totaller
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Thee Totaller »

how could the 250 pounder say in court they were smoking reefer that day? Seems like those that do it get away with being a lot more open about it nowadays. Like Stuttering John on Stern, he openly admits it. Don't get me wrong, that's fine, and it should be legal for any adult in my book, but what if everyone went around testifying or broadcasting that they broke some other law like theft or something, wouldn't there be repercussions?
AHLL BE BOCK

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

You do realize that Springer is a native of Cincinnatti. Not only that, but he was in the city government for a while; if not mayor, then at least on the city council. He was also arrested for solicitation of a prostitute while in office. All of which he freely admits.

Thee Totaller
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Thee Totaller »

yeah I think Mayor Springer paid for services with a personal check, and so got busted, so what could he do but admit it? But I'm talking about--really just observing, since I got no particular position on the issue--the flagrant flauting of law prohibiting weed use.
AHLL BE BOCK

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

", since I got no particular position on the issue--the flagrant flauting of law prohibiting weed use"

The first step in abolishing idiotic policy is open protest of it. If we feared the reprecussions open protest we would still be colonies of the UK.
I myself have smoked a big spliff on the steps of the state capitol of Texas.

Jimmy&Guinney
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

KingHornDaddy wrote:", since I got no particular position on the issue--the flagrant flauting of law prohibiting weed use"

The first step in abolishing idiotic policy is open protest of it. If we feared the reprecussions open protest we would still be colonies of the UK.
I myself have smoked a big spliff on the steps of the state capitol of Texas.
Dude, you're somehow rising up in my polls. Which is quite an accomplishment considering they were diggin a whole in the basement. Now I'll just refer to you as the poor bastard as opposed to poor dumb bastard. Miracles do happen.
And they say her flower is faded now
Hard weather and hard booze
But maybe that's just the price you pay
For the chains you refuse

Omar The Tentmaker
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Second Barstool to the left, and still drinking in the morning

Post by Omar The Tentmaker »

just think of how much the govt could make off of taxing the ganja, i mean hell if they treat em like tobacco though it wont happen for a lonng asssed toimewe could clear the drficit in no time. just regulate it like they do booze and there they go, and im noyt much of a toker as it is
I have a newfound respect for vegetarians. With all the good enjoyable things they cut out of their diets, they still leave in alcohol.

Non-alcoholic beers make not a Drunkard

Jimmy&Guinney

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

Having booze legal and marijuana not legal is just irrational to me. I don't even do it myself. I did it a few times when I was drinking, and only one time did I ever really get high. But that was 2 years ago. I think it should be legal not because it's something I do personally, but I personally want to do other non victimizing activities, and I think I should have a right to do them, so I think it's important to support other people's rights to engage in non-victimizing activity as well. An injustice to one is an injustice to all.
And they say her flower is faded now
Hard weather and hard booze
But maybe that's just the price you pay
For the chains you refuse