Life just got more difficult

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Omar The Tentmaker
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Second Barstool to the left, and still drinking in the morning

Post by Omar The Tentmaker »

next drink goes to cash may his memory nev r fade and he never hafta pay a tab in the great bar in the sky
I have a newfound respect for vegetarians. With all the good enjoyable things they cut out of their diets, they still leave in alcohol.

Non-alcoholic beers make not a Drunkard

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Every Cash song on the juke box was played at least once at the Mag Bar this weekend. It was bittersweet. And many a fine toast in his name were made. Fuck, I need beer!

Jimmy&Guinney
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

I think I played the Murder CD about 7 times this weekend. Everyone on there is a classic. It was differnt listening to it knowing he just died. I don't know why, it just was. Murder outsold Love and God combined. I can see why. I don't listen to Love or God much at all.

We live in a completly different era then 40 years ago. I'm not saying that's good or bad, it just is.
And they say her flower is faded now
Hard weather and hard booze
But maybe that's just the price you pay
For the chains you refuse

Jimmy&Guinney

From Jon Pareles of the NY Times:

Post by Jimmy&Guinney »

In the liner notes to "Unchained," Mr. Cash wrote, "I love songs about horses, railroads, land, Judgment Day, family, hard times, whiskey, courtship, marriage, adultery, separation, murder, war, prison, rambling, damnation, home, salvation, death, pride, humor, piety, rebellion, patriotism, larceny, determination, tragedy, rowdiness, heartbreak and love. And Mother. And God." Mr. Cash knew himself well, and he did not flinch.
And they say her flower is faded now
Hard weather and hard booze
But maybe that's just the price you pay
For the chains you refuse