My 100th post!

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

LuckyStrikes wrote:i love the monekkey. w edraink jagermeiifiter
t
Aww, Lucky's blitzed! You go for it, sweetie!
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

Iam a little drunk. we did shots. the monkey left. Palinka ppulled the plug.it was time too. Absinthetime.
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

Generic Jug
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Generic Jug »

LuckyStrikes wrote:Iam a little drunk. we did shots. the monkey left. Palinka ppulled the plug.it was time too. Absinthetime.
Damn, if youre dirnking absinthe, I'm gonna ge so jealous.
I've been here, I've been there, I've been everywhere...and your well still tastes like shoes. I'll take another.

Omar The Tentmaker
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Second Barstool to the left, and still drinking in the morning

Post by Omar The Tentmaker »

Generic Jug wrote:If I eat Palinka's brain, do you think I'll gain some of his powers?

Mmmm...brains...
ill take his luiver if you think itll get me drunk
I have a newfound respect for vegetarians. With all the good enjoyable things they cut out of their diets, they still leave in alcohol.

Non-alcoholic beers make not a Drunkard

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Generic Jug wrote:Damn, if youre dirnking absinthe, I'm gonna ge so jealous.
What else would one drink of a Friday night?
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

dont eat palinkas brain, who will corect m e white whwin whin posseed
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

Generic Jug

Post by Generic Jug »

Palinka wrote:
Generic Jug wrote:Damn, if youre dirnking absinthe, I'm gonna ge so jealous.
What else would one drink of a Friday night?
Oh, I dunno, maybe cheap vodka because WE LIVE IN THE STATES AND CANT' GET ANY YOU FOOKIN BARSTARD GRARARARAR
I've been here, I've been there, I've been everywhere...and your well still tastes like shoes. I'll take another.

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

land of the free and home o fthe gbrave my white arse
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

Omar The Tentmaker
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders
Location: Second Barstool to the left, and still drinking in the morning

Post by Omar The Tentmaker »

MassiveDrunk wrote:land of the free and home o fthe gbrave my white arse
land of the spensive home of the cutoff
I have a newfound respect for vegetarians. With all the good enjoyable things they cut out of their diets, they still leave in alcohol.

Non-alcoholic beers make not a Drunkard

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Generic Jug wrote:Oh, I dunno, maybe cheap vodka because WE LIVE IN THE STATES AND CANT' GET ANY YOU FOOKIN BARSTARD GRARARARAR
And that's my fault, how?

I moved. So can you.

Plenty of opportunities for English teachers in Europe (and you appear to know your stuff reasonably well). Get yourself a T.E.F.L. certificate and an aeroplane ticket to Prague, Bratislava, Lisbon or Budapest and you're away. Absinthe on a Friday night can be yours.

Alternately, get yourself an M.A. or a P.H.D. (or similar) and the Universities will fall over themselves to give you housing, a resident's permit, health insurance, a good salary. etc...

Or you could stay in the US, "Paralysed by fear..."
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

What monkey? Absinthe? I didn't have any. Palinka's pulling plugs?? Who ate his liver?
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

Generic Jug

Post by Generic Jug »

Palinka wrote:
Generic Jug wrote:Oh, I dunno, maybe cheap vodka because WE LIVE IN THE STATES AND CANT' GET ANY YOU FOOKIN BARSTARD GRARARARAR
And that's my fault, how?

I moved. So can you.

Plenty of opportunities for English teachers in Europe (and you appear to know your stuff reasonably well). Get yourself a T.E.F.L. certificate and an aeroplane ticket to Prague, Bratislava, Lisbon or Budapest and you're away. Absinthe on a Friday night can be yours.

Alternately, get yourself an M.A. or a P.H.D. (or similar) and the Universities will fall over themselves to give you housing, a resident's permit, health insurance, a good salary. etc...

Or you could stay in the US, "Paralysed by fear..."
All it takes is a Master's to get them to fall all over you? Well, shit. Unfortunately, I like the States and plan on staying here for now. Not because I'm "paralyzed by fear" (asshat *grin*), but because...well, for now, that's just the direction my life is taking me. Hell, I've never even been out of the country. I hope to visit someday, but I think my home is here.

And hell, I could always get my absinthe in the mail.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Generic Jug wrote:...I've never even been out of the country...
What a ringing indictment of modern society.
One hundred years ago you would have been sent on "The Grand Tour" in order to complete your education. Three to six months in which to get; blitzed in Berlin, rancid in Rome, laced in London, pissed in Paris, attenuated in Athens, bleary in Budapest, loaded in Lisbon, vile in Vienna, caned in Copenhagen, monstrous in Moscow, trashed in Talinn, vomitous in Vilnius, dreech in Dublin, maudlin in Madrid, smashed in Stockholm, bombed in Bratislava, egregious in Edinburgh, arseholed in Amsterdam, blootered in Brussels, etc.

Sadly, the only folk still keeping on the idea (if not the Byronesque traditions) of "The Grand Tour," are the Australian and Canadian backpackers. And they only seem interesting in taking pictures of their girlfriends in front of monument. As if in some way they need to prove that they had been there.

The camera has been the death of civilisation. Now instead of visiting a place and getting to know it by getting hammered in a local bar and attempting to speak to the regulars, tourists scurry to one landmark after another, kodak clutched in sweaty hands. Secure in the knowledge that they can safely move on to the next destination, as they have captured part of the soul of this place in their infernal machines.

A cliche that is often bandied is that a picture is worth a thousand words. What price then a memory? Sometimes sitting in a quiet bar writing up the day's experiences is so much more rewarding. Often literally, I have often been given free drinks by bar owners under the mistaken, and uncorrected, impression that I am some sort of travel writer. And years later coming back to those journals, the evocations within. The spilled metaxa staining one page, the smudged ash of a filtre disc blue, the smear of grease from a Bavarian sausage, the slight whiff of vomit from the pages relating to Romania...

Throw away the shackles of your cameras, my friends. Learn how to order a drink in as many languages as you can. Arm yourselves with pen, paper and passport. Go travel. Drink heavily and experience the world. It is waiting for you.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

TARTANSPECIAL

Post by TARTANSPECIAL »

My god Palinka, how dare you!!!!!
You missed guttered in Glasgow :P
beer, wine,voddie it don't get any better.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

TARTANSPECIAL wrote:My god Palinka, how dare you!!!!!
You missed guttered in Glasgow :P
My apologies. I was going for capital cities.
Of course, Glasgow is a capital city for drinking in.
ドロンケン
ImageImage