Once again, with feeling

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Once again, with feeling

Post by Savage »

I've worked very hard these past few days. I'm tired. Time to be me again.
like tears in rain

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Once again, with feeling

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Savage Swiller wrote:I've worked very hard these past few days. I'm tired. Time to be me again.
And you deserve it too!
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Thank you. I'm going to write a short story for a contest. But first, I'm going to make another drink.
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Hmm, on the front of the flyer it says: Fiction....1,500 words or less. On the other side: 1,500 words or fewer.

Either way, I suppose I should be brief.
like tears in rain

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Savage Swiller wrote:Thank you. I'm going to write a short story for a contest. But first, I'm going to make another drink.
Inspiration!
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Ya, and I put on my new record: Dream of the Orient
Oh boy, I'm ripping up the keyboard

Actually, anything I write now will have to be better than my two pieces from my "I Don't Understand" series.
like tears in rain

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Savage Swiller wrote:...Oh boy, I'm ripping up the keyboard...
Excellent. Please post a version after you have submitted your entry.
Savage Swiller wrote:Actually, anything I write now will have to be better than my two pieces from my "I Don't Understand" series.
Everything you write is entertaining.
I would wish you luck with the competition but; a)you don't need it and b) I wouldn't wish my luck on my worst enemy.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Writing is difficult. Sometimes I'm up flying in the stratosphere and sometimes I'm down in the slough of despond. I tried to level out this weekend, and it was no good. I was dead boring and couldn't raise an original thought to save my self from falling. I guess I belong in loonyland.

Anyway, I found a short bit I wrote a while back; about a girl shopping. It ends with the backrooms of the store ablaze. Maybe I should punch it up a bit and send it in. It's not "literary" though. And there is a 10.00 fee to enter the contest! If this organization hadn't been around so long as it had, I wouldn't even send my story in.
like tears in rain

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

I'm pouring a big glassful of the cheap sparkling wine left over from the flock of locusts that came through here, and I'm pouring in a juice glassful of Jack into it. Doesn't take much to make me happy. To anyone still awake, I say: Salut!
like tears in rain

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Savage Swiller wrote:Writing is difficult. Sometimes I'm up flying in the stratosphere and sometimes I'm down in the slough of despond.
Aye. I know how you feel: Writing, waking up, balancing the cheque book, etc. Flying high or plummeting.
Savage Swiller wrote:I tried to level out this weekend, and it was no good. I was dead boring and couldn't raise an original thought to save my self from falling. I guess I belong in loonyland.
Ach. Don't be daft woman. If you were a loony, how could your stories be dull?
Savage Swiller wrote:Anyway, I found a short bit I wrote a while back; about a girl shopping. It ends with the backrooms of the store ablaze. Maybe I should punch it up a bit and send it in.
Sounds like we have a winner!
Savage Swiller wrote:It's not "literary" though. And there is a 10.00 fee to enter the contest! If this organization hadn't been around so long as it had, I wouldn't even send my story in.
Submitting stories to competitions is, as I am sure you know, a great way of honing one's skill as a writer, and getting some recognition. Most of the top ten stories will be published and the judges will mostly be people from within the business.

Get to it now. We expect a dedication, to all here at the forum, in the frontispiece of your first bestseller.
ドロンケン
ImageImage