Never leave your vinyl records in your own sleeping bag

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Generic Jug
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Generic Jug »

Disorder | Rating
Paranoid: Moderate
Schizoid: Low
Schizotypal: Moderate
Antisocial: Low
Borderline: Very High
Histrionic: High
Narcissistic: Moderate
Avoidant: Very High
Dependent: High
Obsessive-Compulsive: High

This is the third time I've taken this test, and it is leagues better than it used to be. Oy.

boozeslinga, a big part of me thinks the whole BPD thing is bunk. I was said to have "strong borderline characteristics", but who doesn't when they're all mixed-up and confused and trying to find themselves? I hate the DSM-IV. I realize a lot of doctors do too, but they need it for insurance purposes or whatever - but still, labelling a mental disorder just gives the person an opportunity to use it as a crutch, in my opinion.
I've been here, I've been there, I've been everywhere...and your well still tastes like shoes. I'll take another.

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

im sorry to close the window without showing results, but needless to say im a crazy loon loner, i got at least a moderate on all of them, the first two very high
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

Generic Jug

Post by Generic Jug »

MassiveDrunk wrote:im sorry to close the window without showing results, but needless to say im a crazy loon loner, i got at least a moderate on all of them, the first two very high
Nothing wrong with having more than a few screws loose. I used to be sort of ashamed of being crazy, but then I realized a.) everyone is crazy, and b.) it has made me a much more interesting person. So now if people ask about my scars I'll tell them the truth, and if they are repulsed the idea of a teenage kid being lost and going crazy, I feel sorry for them. Plus, I get to tell my kids that mommy used to wrassle alligators, and that'll make me the coolest mom on the block.
I've been here, I've been there, I've been everywhere...and your well still tastes like shoes. I'll take another.

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

oh well ill just drink then, whatever
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

You are right. Everyone is crazy. Just different degrees, and how many people notice. I am a functional nut. Which means, I get up at a specific time 5 days a week and show up at at a certain location, say the right pleasantries to the right people, nod when necessary, and as of today, no one has sent me away.
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

Generic Jug

Post by Generic Jug »

I'm a functional nut too, but I wasn't always - ended up with a 1.5 gpa my first semester in college because I found it physically impossible to attend class or do homework. It's funny how when you're going through a major depressive episode, a pile of laundry suddenly becomes Mt. Everest. I could deal with a lot of it, but the apathy and amotivation was the worst.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Depresssion is rough; a pile of laundry, a teacher-parent meeting and just picking up the f------ mail is too much, esp when you have to deal with people who don't speak your language. (and in my case, they really didnt)

but you have a choice: you can collapse, or you can just fuckin' deal with it. Like everybody else. We are so much stronger than we give ourselves credit for. Just imagine yourself in the midst of a war zone. Your life seems pretty damn nice now, doesn't it? Come on. We are lucky beyond ordinary imagining. Get on with it. Depression of our common sort is a luxury that many people on this planet can't imagine indulging in.

stepping off the soapbox now. sorry
like tears in rain

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

Savage, anytime you're near soap is music to ones senses. Please, do step back on...

Generic Jug

Post by Generic Jug »

Savage Swiller wrote:Depresssion is rough; a pile of laundry, a teacher-parent meeting and just picking up the f------ mail is too much, esp when you have to deal with people who don't speak your language. (and in my case, they really didnt)

but you have a choice: you can collapse, or you can just fuckin' deal with it. Like everybody else. We are so much stronger than we give ourselves credit for. Just imagine yourself in the midst of a war zone. Your life seems pretty damn nice now, doesn't it? Come on. We are lucky beyond ordinary imagining. Get on with it. Depression of our common sort is a luxury that many people on this planet can't imagine indulging in.

stepping off the soapbox now. sorry
And that's part of how I got out of it. The more you let yourself wallow, the deeper down the hole you're going to fall. The war zone-type thing never really worked for me, because it just made me feel guilty, and I was ready to gobble up all the guilt I could get my hands on to further justify my self-loathing. But yeah - if you don't kick yourself in the ass and realize that this is life and this is your chosen ordeal, then you'll wind up one of those people who lays in bed for days on end.

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

I don't depress easily. Not in my everyday life. Other people suffering, children being hurt, that makes me want to do something. I'm sad, but I want to take action. I don't have a lot of time to spare for depression.