Dammit, perfect hoodie weather

A place for general talk.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Agaveman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Agaveman »

Heretic wrote:Please excuse my ignorance, or just plain stupidity, but what the fuck is a hoodie?
http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/a ... odies.html
“So I stayed in bed and drank. When you drank the world was still out there, but for the moment it didn’t have you by the throat.â€

Heretic
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Heretic »

Agaveman wrote:
Heretic wrote:Please excuse my ignorance, or just plain stupidity, but what the fuck is a hoodie?
http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/a ... odies.html
COOL!

Post by .... »

Well, I'm a puss. I didn't wear it because I wanted to be able to take it off if I needed to and my other hoodie is a zip-up. I did, however, do three Irish Car-bombs at the mall waiting for my daughter to get her hair streaked. We never made it to the play. Cie la vie.

zak
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by zak »

Winebox wrote:Well, I'm a puss. I didn't wear it because I wanted to be able to take it off if I needed to and my other hoodie is a zip-up. I did, however, do three Irish Car-bombs at the mall waiting for my daughter to get her hair streaked. We never made it to the play. Cie la vie.
Good for you. I had about 4 today. Would have done more, but I ran out of both guiness and jameson after the 4th. I'ld keep going but something out there is telling me that now is the time to start drinking something different since I'ld have to buy both whiskey and guiness to continue. Still have a decent amount of bailey's and poteen to continue my st. patricks day weekend festivities, plus the beer I bought knowing this is the last day I'll be able to drink it. See here for why viewtopic.php?p=380449#380449
this post brought to you by #summerofmargaritas10 cause, yeah it's going to be that kinda of summer where mixed drinks with tequila is going to taste all types of good and stuff, this summer '10 get yourself some margaritas and holler at ya boy.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Dammit, perfect hoodie weather

Post by Savage »

Winebox wrote:I want to wear my MDM hoodie because we're having a heatwave today and it's going up to 45, but I have to take my daughter around to the bank, the hairdresser and then a school play (and this is on my weekend OFF!!!) and I don't want to embarrass her unnecessarily. What to do??
And I whine and bitch about the fekking thousand degree summers here! 'Round these parts, little missy, we wear them hoody thangs in the dead of winter, so's our hair gel don't get too lumpy. I mean to tell ya, sometimes it be gettin' 55 degrees here! Damn good thing WalMart sells socks, so's our tootsies don't freeze to our flipflops.
like tears in rain

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Winebox wrote:I didn't wear it because I wanted to be able to take it off if I needed to and my other hoodie is a zip-up.
I'm all about zip-up hoodies, now. My favorite hoodie, my old grey one with the front pouch ripping off at the left, which I can't get any girls to sew back on despite my best efforts, has been replaced with a new zip-up grey hoodie I got for Christmas. Its great. You wanna take it off? No problem. Zip. Off. No taking your hat off and pulling it over your head and then having to fix your glasses, etc. Just Zip. Done.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Tipsy McStagger
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Tipsy McStagger »

I'm not a fan of the hoodie. When you're sitting and want to lean back, you've got this lump where your neck is and it's all uncomfortable and stuff. Time for passing out? You better have that hood on your head or you might get all tangled up in the danged hood. Nope. No hood for me thanks.
On more than one occassion this conversation has led to a handful of boob."
~Oggar

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

Tipsy McStagger wrote:I'm not a fan of the hoodie. When you're sitting and want to lean back, you've got this lump where your neck is and it's all uncomfortable and stuff. Time for passing out? You better have that hood on your head or you might get all tangled up in the danged hood. Nope. No hood for me thanks.
I'm a big fan of women not needing to wear anything. Just for that reason. :wink:
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Tipsy McStagger wrote:I'm not a fan of the hoodie. When you're sitting and want to lean back, you've got this lump where your neck is and it's all uncomfortable and stuff. Time for passing out? You better have that hood on your head or you might get all tangled up in the danged hood. Nope. No hood for me thanks.
That's why I've always got my hood up.

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

bluefox
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by bluefox »

All I know is that I am rollin through my hood, sippin on GIN and JUICE.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

bluefox wrote:All I know is that I am rollin through my hood, sippin on GIN and JUICE.
Tanqueray and Chronic? Yeah, I'm fucked up now!

Post by .... »

Might I just state that it is no longer perfect hoodie weather. Yesterday was, sunny, high 40s, a delightful day. Today it decided to dump snow on us once more. I went out to pick up my daughter from work and there were about 6 inches from the last time I went out at 5:30. I'm completely disgusted by this weather.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Winebox wrote:Might I just state that it is no longer perfect hoodie weather. Yesterday was, sunny, high 40s, a delightful day. Today it decided to dump snow on us once more. I went out to pick up my daughter from work and there were about 6 inches from the last time I went out at 5:30. I'm completely disgusted by this weather.
Same here. Yesterday was beautiful, the ladies were starting to come out in droves, and them Bam! Today is rainy and cold.

Mister Priapus
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Mister Priapus »

coqui_chris wrote:
That's why I've always got my hood up.
Put yo hood up
Put yo hood up
Say 'fuck that clique!'
Say 'fuck that clique!"

If you scared to thow it up
then get the fuck out the club!
If you scared to thow it up
then get the fuck out the club!

If you don't give a fuck
then thow that motha fucka up!
If you don't give a fuck
then thow that motha fucka up!

Sorry

Mister Priapus

Post by Mister Priapus »

zak wrote:
Oggar wrote:Funny we just had a blizzard and I'm going to try to talk Roomie into having Tropical Night next weekend. Beak out the tikis and lawn chairs, Hawiian shirts and tropical drinks, (you know stuff with rum in it)!

I say wear the hoodie you're not ashamed of being a drunkard are you? Only the uptight parents won't think it's cool.
That sounds like a good idea. It's about time I started wearing my Hawian shirts again.
Now see, living in Houston I get to wear my aloha shirts year round.

Don't get me wrong, I love winter. It's my favorite weekend.